• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 28, 2024, 03:43:33 am

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

Newbie has specific patch goals in mind, can they be done?

Started by Timbo, March 24, 2010, 11:55:55 am

formerdeathcorps

I just tested that.  AS long as you check weapon ranged and follow target, you cannot actually damage the enemy if you/enemy move out of range or the enemy hides behind some cover, but as long as the enemy remains in range, you can hit them.  If anything, we can now create charge attacks better than in FFT (because they follow target like a real sniper).
The destruction of the will is the rape of the mind.
The dogmas of every era are nothing but the fantasies of those in power; their dreams are our waking nightmares.

Timbo

Thanks for checking that for me.  I was just about to give up.  I was pondering giving him high hit rate status effect shots.  Like Poison arrow, Blinding Shot, Assassin's Arrow, Cupid's Arrow, etc.  Then I thought of other status effects like Don't Move and Don't act.  I realized that I'm stepping all over Mustadio's bag.  Since I can't think of any practical ways to create machinist type actions, I better not step on his sniping abilities.  

Thanks alot, we need to make some sacrifices to balance things out a bit.  Below are the original values for the Charge Skills.  Should we make them weaker and make the Counts longer, or should we just leave them as is?  I mean, follow target really makes the actions usable.  I mean without follow target +20 was completely unusable without the help of don't act or stop.  Should I just make the CT counts higher and the power lower or should I just chalk it up to the fact that the archer is otherwise unusable?

These are the original archer actions:
[list=]Charge +1, CT Count 4
Charge +2, CT Count 5
Charge +3, CT Count 6
Charge +4, CT Count 8
Charge +5, CT Count 10
Charge +7, CT Count 14
Charge +10, CT Count 20
Charge +20, CT Count 35[/list]

Is there a formula for .5 or .75 damage somewhere?
  • Modding version: PSX
  • Discord username: Timbo

formerdeathcorps

OK, you don't need all the original actions.  At the most, most people only need Charges +1,+4,+7, and +20.  That's 4 skills.  As for CTs:

Charge +1 = 1 CT
Charge +4 = 3 CT
Charge +7 = 5 CT with low MP.
Charge +20 = 8 CT with high MP.

Trust me, without short charge or slow on the enemy, you can't do charge +20 late-game.  Short charge can now apply to player-created charge skills.

No, there's no formula for X% of a damage formula.  All you can do is scale it with another formula to approximate it.
The destruction of the will is the rape of the mind.
The dogmas of every era are nothing but the fantasies of those in power; their dreams are our waking nightmares.