• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 11:04:02 am

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

Patching question (Hamedo and Counter)

Started by Alexalibur, March 21, 2010, 09:24:58 am

Alexalibur

Hi I'm new here and i was working on my patch recently.
Can I make hamedo and Counter triggered by abilities other than normal attack?
Thanks in advance and this site rocks!
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

Donkeyton

Yes, but it's sort of an annoying process. Using FFTPatcher, you can go through every ability in the game that you want to trigger Hamedo or Counter, and for each one, check the box that says the ability is counter-able. A lot of non-physical attacks will have the box unchecked by default, but in theory, checking it should work (so long as the range works out).

There may be a more efficient method, and if so, someone with far more experience than I can chime in.

If I may ask, why would you want to increase the frequency of Counter/Hamedo/etc? In my experience, they trigger way too often in the game as is, making it an overly easy experience. Especially if your guys have high Brave.

R999

There's no flag to set whether an ability is counterable. You will need to set the weapon range flag at the least. Try checking the Physical Attack flag as well. Refer to my ability flags explanation topic in this section of the forum for more information.

Donkeyton

Really? Could've sworn I saw something that looked like that. Maybe I'm on crack.

formerdeathcorps

Quote from: "Donkeyton"Really? Could've sworn I saw something that looked like that. Maybe I'm on crack.

No, there are flags for counter flood, blade grasp, and counter magic.  Hamedo's flag is "ranged weapon" or normal attack (both work, but normal attack can only be flagged for the "attack" command).  I don't know what counter's is, but I suspect it's dependent on damage formula, range, and area of effect (which must be 0 for counter to activate--similarly, auto must be unchecked).
The destruction of the will is the rape of the mind.
The dogmas of every era are nothing but the fantasies of those in power; their dreams are our waking nightmares.

Alexalibur

Sorry for the late reply cuz i went busy and that...
QuoteIf I may ask, why would you want to increase the frequency of Counter/Hamedo/etc? In my experience, they trigger way too often in the game as is, making it an overly easy experience. Especially if your guys have high Brave.
I want to put it to work on the swordskills, that's all.

QuoteHamedo's flag is "ranged weapon" or normal attack
Going to test now, Thank you very much!
and again, this site ROCKS!

formerdeathcorps

Hold it, if you make swordskills resist Hamedo, you also make them the same range as the weapon you equip and delete any area of effects.  Are you sure you want that?
The destruction of the will is the rape of the mind.
The dogmas of every era are nothing but the fantasies of those in power; their dreams are our waking nightmares.

Alexalibur

Quote from: "formerdeathcorps"Hold it, if you make swordskills resist Hamedo, you also make them the same range as the weapon you equip and delete any area of effects.  Are you sure you want that?
It wasn't my real idea, and yes it happened but I'm satisfied with the results ^.^ I'll put it on my patch right away and thank you very much for your help