• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

May 17, 2024, 03:22:43 pm

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

[Old] ALL old topics created before the FULL release (Merged together!)

Started by Dome, December 05, 2010, 02:02:09 pm

Which one is the best, and why?

Ignore
0 (0%)
this
0 (0%)
topic
0 (0%)
!!!!!1111
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

MagiusRerecros

It does look very nice, but for some reason, it seems like Ramza and Delita's heads look out of place... Like, they're too bright or too sharp or something. I mean, everyone/everything else has kind of a foggy/faded effect to it, which looks pretty cool, but then it's like their heads aren't affected at all. I'd say either give said heads that effect, or perhaps make their entire bodies in the more clear, focused style that their heads are in.
Move Zig. For great Justice.

Also, Algus sucks up to level 5 donkey balls.

cingin

Fixed some of the errors. Cant decide if it looks better darker or not.

GeneralStrife

Quote from: MagiusRerecros on June 16, 2011, 12:51:34 am
It does look very nice, but for some reason, it seems like Ramza and Delita's heads look out of place... Like, they're too bright or too sharp or something. I mean, everyone/everything else has kind of a foggy/faded effect to it, which looks pretty cool, but then it's like their heads aren't affected at all. I'd say either give said heads that effect, or perhaps make their entire bodies in the more clear, focused style that their heads are in.

I think they are supposed to stand out, after all those people in the background are merely sidekicks in the story compared to ramza and delita

RandMuadDib

I will show you the power of SARDIIIIINES!!!!

MagiusRerecros

Quote from: GeneralStrife on June 16, 2011, 02:48:57 pm
I think they are supposed to stand out, after all those people in the background are merely sidekicks in the story compared to ramza and delita

I agree that they should stand out, but one would think that you would have their entire bodies standing out, not just the heads. It looks a bit creepy when their heads are perfectly clear, but the rest of their bodies are all fuzzy. Additionally, they're already standing out simply due to the fact that they're the only ones who have full bodies in the picture. Almost everyone else is just a head, and maybe some shoulders.

Also, I too prefer the lighter version. Details are more visible, and it just improves the quality of the whole thing, IMO.
Move Zig. For great Justice.

Also, Algus sucks up to level 5 donkey balls.

Pierce

I really like it! I think it looks fine regarding the brightness of Delita/Ramza's faces. It adds a nice sort of texture to the image I think.
Ignorance itself is a crime! - Miluda

Dome

"Be wise today so you don't cry tomorrow"

FFMaster

• Modding version: Other/Unknown
☢ CAUTION CAUTION ☢ CAUTION CAUTION ☢

Dome

Which one is the best in your opinion?

Dome

Shade

Upupupu...

Zetsubou

Pierce

I'm on the fence. If Ramza/Delita's faces could be made a little clearer (less blurry) in number 1, I'd say number 1. As it is up there though, I like 2 the best.
Ignorance itself is a crime! - Miluda

Dome

Knives in 1.4 (Next release) will be equippable by everyone, and have SP*WP for their damage formula (Only Mage Masher is PA*WP Mp Damage)

However, they are not meant to be good melee weapons, they are rather meant to be "Stat sticks" (Weapons that someone uses only to increase stats)

I'd like to hear some suggestion (No +1 speed! Speed stack is almost impossible in 1.4) since I don't know if my ideas are very good
If you think a name should be changed, feel free to suggest it!

All daggers have 10% W.Evade (Except if stated otherwise)

cingin

Overall a nice setup for daggers, like the concept that anyone can use a dagger.

The innate "Defend" from a dagger seems odd (A innate defense with a shield makes some sense), guess i'm kind of picturing a goofball using a butter knife to defend himself.

Dome

Yeah, maybe it's better suited for a shield...I'll consider it
P.s: Breast expansion? In a Signature? xD

Shade

One knife could be forced 2 hands and have double hit 100%(or double wp).
Upupupu...

Zetsubou

GeneralStrife

Yeah, I'd change zorlin shape to either two hands innate or doubleshot/hit whatever.....defend seems a little odd.

Pride

Quote from: Shade on June 20, 2011, 11:54:27 am
One knife could be forced 2 hands and have double hit 100%(or double wp).

You could just use the flag so that it couldn't be used with Two Swords... Which I think might be a better option.

Does Mage Masher only hit mp? Or is it a chance to inflict like Magic (Mind?) Ruin?
  • Modding version: PSX
Check out my ASM thread. Who doesn't like hax?

RandMuadDib

I think the first suggestion for zorlin shape was supposed to be like those doublebladed weapons zidane used in ff9
I will show you the power of SARDIIIIINES!!!!

Dome

But making the Zorlin shape a 2 handed melee weapon would make it outclassed by...swords, fists, katanas...Knives are not meant to be very damaging weapons...

@Pride: Mage masher steals mp (PA * WP)