• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

May 01, 2024, 12:05:49 pm

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

BETA 129 planned changes *DISCUSSION*

Started by FFMaster, December 13, 2010, 06:32:36 pm

Squidgy

Right now my Paladins are 44 faith due to ... 11 MA + 240 hit spells * Good Compat * Faith = 100% hit. They aren't too susceptible to magic; I agree with 50 Faith base.
Yeah, now I remember reading in ASM about Add: Charge. Guess I'll just need a DA/Sleep/Stop spam bot to counter Franz's lack of Concentrate.

Even if we don't get a W-Ev "revamp", can some little things go through along with Conc removal: Main Gauche nerf (25%) and Defender (less W-Ev, or my pref, -2 WP)? Let Chaos Blade be the scary WP Knight Sword.

pokeytax

Quote from: "Squidgy"Main Gauche nerf (25%) and Defender (less W-Ev, or my pref, -2 WP)?

Also Carpet W-EV, it's already autodoubled from Always: Defend.
  • Modding version: PSX

FFMaster

Abandon can easily become 50% evasion boost instead of 100%
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
☢ CAUTION CAUTION ☢ CAUTION CAUTION ☢

CT5Holy

Quote from: "FFMaster"Abandon can easily become 50% evasion boost instead of 100%

I think we have a winning solution here. Shouldn't make no Concentrate too bad. Go FFM!
Winner of the 1st FFT 1.3 AI Tourney

FFMaster

Current Changelog
GENERAL
- Fixed Yin Yang Magic bug in the memcard generator and a bunch of other text
- Carpets fixed
- Genji Shield fixed
- Added Reflect bar to the abilities

JOBS
- Paladin gains 1 Jump
- Paladin HP Multiplier now 85
- Paladin MP Multiplier now 25
- Monk HP Multiplier now 90
- Thief gains innate Awareness

SKILLS
- Throw Stone now deals PA*8 damage, M-EV
- Grand Cross will now stay Weapon element, 12 MP, loses Add: Darkness
- Charge renamed to Snipe
- Greased Bolt now Add: Oil, Poison
- Hawk's Eye and equipment breaks added Archer skillset
- Concentrate removed from Archer skillset(only innate on Mime now)
- Thief loses all steals except for Steal Heart Steal Accessory
- Thief gains 4 new abilities
- Steal Accessory down to 300 JP
- All Elementals now cost 50 JP (if you buy all of them, its 600JP, removes 1 rule)
- Elemental Y increased back to 4
- Shuriken remade(PA*2 damage, 4 hits, 6.25% Poison each hit)
- Nightslayer renamed to Haku Korosu
- Shadowstrike renamed to Kagesougi
- Shinobi's Seal renamed to Doku no Kyoukai
- Abandon only increases evasion by 50%
- Cheer Song up to 25% hit
- Slow Dance up to 25% hit

ITEMS
- Main Gauche W-EV down to 30%
- Defender now 15 WP
- Ragnarok and Save the Queen now 14 WP
- All Katanas deal PA*WP damage
- Bizen Boat changed(100% Silence)
- Muramasa changed(100% Faith)
- All Sticks except Ivory Rod up 2 WP
- Carpets now have 12 WP
- Carpet evasion down to 10%

Abandon in table not edited yet.

Squidgy

December 16, 2010, 12:22:55 am #25 Last Edit: December 16, 2010, 12:40:28 am by Squidgy
Lookin' good... Shuriken is M-Ev now? Well, Either way, Franz is dead. I doubt he'll be missed.
EDIT: Oh, from forever ago, Blindstrike or Kagesougi + Elemental Guns... did that get fixed? I suppose I could just test it... but... I'm so lazy. Just lookin' for the next thing Franz can exploit for sexy damage.

FFMaster

Can you remind me of the bug? I honestly don't remember.

Squidgy

It was Elemental Gun + Weapon damage attack = absurd numbers which made no sense... prime numbers, so I had no clue what formula it was using. You set up an Elemental Gun girl with Kagesougi, Attack UP, Strengthen, high Faith, and have her shoot someone high faith, and the damage'll be 570+... sometimes 999... If you have her shoot a low faith unit with shell, she can do ~16 damage. Something exponential and weird.

FFMaster

Right... I remember finding that one back in 1.3... yeah, it hasn't been fixed. Testing with other weapons now. Maybe I'll just remove Magic Guns...

EDIT: It seems to only affect guns. So, what do we do?

EDIT2: Yeah, it affects anything with the WP*WP formula.

Squidgy

EDIT: derp derp...

Well, hmm... yeah... There's the ASM to disable skills from being used with certain weapons?

FFMaster

I know what is happening, and can't put it to words. I'm also not sure why it is activating at all.

I don't like disabling a few skills for certain weapons though... I'll need to remake Grand Cross, Hawk's Eye and Kagesougi. It's better than removing guns. Anyone got suggestions? If not, I'll probably shove PA*WP and see how it goes.

Squidgy

Well, Grand Cross is Sword only to begin with, so that's fine. I'm guessing the equip hack is based on that Swordskill code, but for other equips.
All I saw Hawk's Eye doing is replacing Execute tbh. Kagesougi? I only used it to abuse this glitch, never seen anyone else use it.

PA*WP sounds good to save them.

pokeytax

PA*WP on a gun is pretty strong... can you use SP*WP for Hawk's Eye/Kagesougi?

FFMaster

I can use any formula really. I could go PA*WP for Grand Cross, and SP*WP for Hawk's Eye and Kagesougi, if you guys like that. I really don't like the SP*WP formula though... Speed Save Knights would just swap to Kagesougi. Unless we put a Charge Time on it?

Any other problems with the changelist?

The Damned

Eh, you could probably up the MP a bit and maybe give Kagesougi at most a minimal CT, but I don't think it needs too much of a charge time given that Paladins have crappy MP and upping the MP would effectively gimp even the ones that try for Speed Save and Move-MP Up.

Outside of that, I've no problems with the change list. Given that I don't think I said already, thanks for adding the Reflect bar to things. That will come in handy.
"Sorrow cannot be abolished. It is meaningless to try." - FFX's Yunalesca

"Good and evil are relative, but being a dick cannot be allowed." - Oglaf's Thaumaturge in "The Abyss"

"Well, see, the real magic isn't believing in yourself. The real magic is manipulating people by telling them to believe in themselves. The more you believe, the less you check facts."  - Oglaf's Vanka in "Conviction"

Squidgy

Well, if whatever gets SP*WP has a charge time, don't expect me to "Franz" it up again. I don't trust the AI with charge stuff unless I have to (Haste & Save trigger gimmick). From the list of changes, he might switch to Geomancy since he's supposed to be the 100% damage guy.

EDIT: Robes +10 HP? I wanted to use one on my Priest, but figured she'd be better off with a Golden Hairpin and Brigandine. For me, there's no spell so expensive that it warrants losing so much health to reliably cast over and over, but maybe that's Move-MP Up's fault?
Any news with Faith to 50 (or Brave to 30?). I suppose it's not a modding thing... except if Faith min did get bumped then Ninja Hell Magic would... be doing only 112 damage to optimal targets with high(18) PA, instead of 162, both of which are... well, maybe I'll try it out on Franz, so we can all see.

The Damned

The latest match between BlameGod and myself reminds me that I meant to ask if there's some way to check if and make sure things aren't still mixed up on the spreadsheet. Because I remember people saying Tornado and Quake are mixed up (and I kind of wanted to make a Wind team) and now it would appears that Blaze Gun and Glacier Gun are still mixed up despite having the right names now.
"Sorrow cannot be abolished. It is meaningless to try." - FFX's Yunalesca

"Good and evil are relative, but being a dick cannot be allowed." - Oglaf's Thaumaturge in "The Abyss"

"Well, see, the real magic isn't believing in yourself. The real magic is manipulating people by telling them to believe in themselves. The more you believe, the less you check facts."  - Oglaf's Vanka in "Conviction"

FFMaster

Here are 2 big changes I am currently planning, and I think are possible, it would just take a bit of work.

1) Move Equip X to Movement slot - this will also remove Jump +X abilities, as a sacrifice for people who don't use the spreadsheet. For this, the only thing I really worry about is Unyielding + Equip Armor, or something similar.
2) Make good/bad compat 12.5% and best/worst compat 25%. This would make offensive teams worry less about compat, but also force people to rethink using things like Haste, although they would probably just move to Yell right now.

If you have any comments about these changes, just post them here.

Pride

I'm glad with the compat change and with the moving of equips to move. If equip armor is a problem, then it can just stay as a support skill. I don't think anyone would doubt that it is the best equip x ability.

I would propose to use your haste/slow 25% hack to help with some of the dominance of that status effect. 
Check out my ASM thread. Who doesn't like hax?

Gotwald

-- Attention Citizens, this is the Computer. 2 + 2 now equals 3.9999238849009985. Please recalibrate your equipment.

My youtube Channel
My 1.3 Playthough (Complete)
My Final fantasy I Blind playthrough