• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 28, 2024, 03:00:11 am

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

Windows application based on Zodiac's Excel workbook

Started by melonhead, December 31, 2007, 02:21:18 am

Kourama

January 07, 2008, 02:15:05 pm #40 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Kourama
If you wish to change and "empty" skill set Karsen it is totally possible. Keep in mind though that if you do it will show up as a blank skill set in-game.

So basically maybe you use one blank space to for a totally new skill set that you want to give to Dragoon. When you change into dragoon, the name of their skill will be blank but you would still be able to learn and use all of the moves from that skill set properly.

My suggestion is to use one of the repeat skill sets, like Holy Magic, Holy Sword, Mighty Sword, All Magic, Battle Skill.. there are a bunch of them. That way when you implement that new skill set, it will have a name.

QuoteI'm still trying to track down where on the UMD the new battles are stored and confirm that the ENTD files are where I think they are.

I found four files on the UMD that are identical to ENTD1-4.ENT from the Playstation version, but I haven't confirmed that changing those files actually changes stuff in game.

Sounds like you are right on track. I look forward to what you find out with those ENTD files although from my recollection there are about 9 new battles and maybe 4 new events that show new parts of the story. Hopefully it isn't too difficult to add in the new files to the editor.

Kourama

January 07, 2008, 02:46:03 pm #41 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Kourama
In case this is news to anyone, the "job/job level"  that was in the original ENTD editor are the first 2 values in the Unknown box. Below are the values for each of the original jobs (copied and pasted from Zodiac on another topic)

00 Base Job
01 Chemist
02 Knight
03 Archer
04 Monk
05 White Mage
06 Black Mage
07 Time Mage
08 Summoner
09 Thief
0A Mediator
0B Oracle
0C Geomancer
0D Lancer
0E Samurai
0F Ninja
10 Calculator
11 Bard
12 Dancer
13 Mime

I'm guessing Onion Knight/Dark Knight would be 14/15 respectively but I stilll need to test it out.

BlackMageShin

January 07, 2008, 02:50:41 pm #42 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by BlackMageShin
Quote from: "melonhead"New version:
FFTPatcher - v0.168

Changes since v0.164:
  • Fixed bug in CheckedListBoxes where the highlighting was not always displayed correctly
  • Added ENTD editor
  • Optimized .fftpatch generation to generate only the elements that are necessary.
Changes since v0.148:
  • Changed the behavior of the CheckedListBoxes so that you only have to click once to check or uncheck an item
  • Optimized CWCheat/Gameshark code generation so less codes are generated and the CWCheat codes get split out into groups of 25
  • Added highlighting and tooltips to all editing controls:
    • Controls will be highlighted in blue if the value they modify has been changed from its default
    • MouseOver on an editing control (except checkboxes) will show a tooltip with the default value
Could Zodiac or whoever update the links on the main page? Or maybe change the link to http://code.google.com/p/lioneditor/downloads/list which will always have a link to the newest version.

Thank you, good sir.

All that's left now is the text editor and it's gonna be heaven.  :D

karsten

January 07, 2008, 06:24:12 pm #43 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by karsten
if i want to raise the enemie's level in battle what i'm supposed to change?

i mean level 254 isn't very intuitive....

Kourama

January 07, 2008, 06:36:14 pm #44 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Kourama
254 makes the enemies the same level as the strongest person in your party.

melonhead

January 07, 2008, 07:16:26 pm #45 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by melonhead
Quote from: "Kourama"In case this is news to anyone, the "job/job level"  that was in the original ENTD editor are the first 2 values in the Unknown box. Below are the values for each of the original jobs (copied and pasted from Zodiac on another topic)

I'm guessing Onion Knight/Dark Knight would be 14/15 respectively but I stilll need to test it out.

According to this post, Balthier's job is Monk? (See screenshot)

I found the where the new battles are stored. It looks like there are 77 new events defined.

I haven't actually played the battle where Balthier helps you as a guest, but according to the bytes, he's equipped with a Glacial Gun, Thief's Cap, Black Garb, and Germinas Boots. According to Fritz's FAQ, Balthier Comes with new gun "Ras Algethi" and the new clothing "Mirage Vest". Does he have these items in the battle or only after he has been recruited?

Kourama

January 07, 2008, 08:02:18 pm #46 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Kourama
You are understanding Balthier being a Monk incorrectly. What those numbers (04/06) mean is that he has the Monk job open and that the Monk job has enough JP to be level 6. This also means that all the requirements for having Monk open are available on Balthier already as well.

So once you recurit Balthier he should at least have lvl 2 Squire, lvl 3 Knight and lvl 6 Monk.

As for Balthier's equipment, he does have both Ras Algethi and Mirage Vest equipped. Considering that it should also have that as his equipment as well. My guess is that the ENTD editor is missing the bytes that contain the new equipment which is why they aren't currently being shown on your program.

Quick question though, how exactly do you implement the ENTD changes into the PSP version of the game? If it has to do with the Cywin program is there anyway you can give me step by step instructions to inputting it into the game? Because I haven't been able to figure it out yet.

Xifanie

January 07, 2008, 08:41:49 pm #47 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Xifanie
Levels... man where did I put those? Whatever I remember by heart.

0 = Highest
1 to 99 = Fixed Level
100 to 255 = x - 100 + Highest (so 110 = 10 levels above Highest)
except 254 = Highest - [1..5]

Everywhere in the ENDT that you see a 254 or 0xFE, it basically means the thing calls for a randomly choosing function.

I'm surprised Balthier isn't set as immortal... only Byblos is like that besides him (for those who actually joins your party).

For those who don't know: immortal means the unit is immune to treasure/crystal/invite & has stars over the body upon death.
  • Modding version: PSX
Love what you're seeing? https://supportus.ffhacktics.com/ 💜 it's really appreciated

Anything is possible as long as it is within the hardware's limits. (ie. disc space, RAM, Video RAM, processor, etc.)
<R999> My target market is not FFT mod players
<Raijinili> remember that? it was awful

Mushufasa

January 07, 2008, 08:50:31 pm #48 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Mushufasa
I need noob help!  After I generate the event files, where do I put them on the CD (using CD mage)?

Kourama

January 07, 2008, 08:54:08 pm #49 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Kourama
If you are using the PSX version just import the new ENTD fles over the ones already in the PSX version of the game. I'm not sure how to do it for the PSP version though.

melonhead

January 07, 2008, 08:54:35 pm #50 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by melonhead
Quote from: "Kourama"You are understanding Balthier being a Monk incorrectly. What those numbers (04/06) mean is that he has the Monk job open and that the Monk job has enough JP to be level 6. This also means that all the requirements for having Monk open are available on Balthier already as well.

So once you recurit Balthier he should at least have lvl 2 Squire, lvl 3 Knight and lvl 6 Monk.
Okay. This is good info, thanks.

Quote from: "Kourama"As for Balthier's equipment, he does have both Ras Algethi and Mirage Vest equipped. Considering that it should also have that as his equipment as well. My guess is that the ENTD editor is missing the bytes that contain the new equipment which is why they aren't currently being shown on your program.
In the ENTD files, each piece of equipment for each unit is stored as a single byte. This was fine for the Playstation version, because there were only 254 items. On the PSP there are 315 possible items. The savegame format handles this by having each equipment field take up two bytes, but that modification wasn't made for the ENTD files.

So for Balthier's right hand weapon, the byte is 0x4A (Glacial Gun), but we think the real weapon is actually 0x107 (Ras Algethi).
For his armor, the byte is 0xC6 (Black Garb), but we think it should actually be 0x12F (Mirage Vest).
So given these points of data:
0x4A -> 0x107
0xC6 -> 0x12F
and the rest of the unit's data for this event figure out how to convert.

Quote from: "Kourama"Quick question though, how exactly do you implement the ENTD changes into the PSP version of the game? If it has to do with the Cywin program is there anyway you can give me step by step instructions to inputting it into the game? Because I haven't been able to figure it out yet.
The process is like this:
  • Make an ISO image of your UMD (check pspupdates.qj.net or psp-hacks)
  • Extract the fftpack.bin file from the ISO (I use UMDGen v4.00)
  • Run fftpspext.exe -d
  • Copy the new files to fftpack/BATTLE/ENTD?.BIN (the new event data is stored in fftpack/unknown/fftpack.897 for now. I'll probably change fftpspext to make it something like ENTD5.BIN)
  • Run fftpspext.exe -r
  • Reinsert the new fftpack.bin into the ISO (using UMDGen again)
  • Copy the new ISO to your Memory Stick to use with your custom firmware.

VincentCraven

January 07, 2008, 08:54:43 pm #51 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by VincentCraven
ENTD files? They go in the BATTLE folder.
I changed jobs and that has made all the difference.

Mushufasa

January 07, 2008, 08:57:23 pm #52 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Mushufasa
Huh?  I swear I looked there already...  whatever.  Thanks!

Kourama

January 07, 2008, 09:18:24 pm #53 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Kourama
Thanks for the info, I'll try it out later today and see how that goes. Hopefully I don't have any technical difficulties.

Is changing the ENDT Editor so that the new items can be equippable possible or is that a dead end? I'm just wondering because I'm interested in finalizing a patch and wondering if the last possible update for the ENDT Editor would be the addition of the new events.

Kourama

January 07, 2008, 11:42:54 pm #54 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Kourama
I'm having trouble running fftpspext.exe

When I initially run the program I get a message saying that the program could not be run because the program could not locate the file "cygwin1.dll"

So I take the file it could not locate and move it into the same folder as fftpspext.exe and run the file. Instead of giving me the original message, the program opens for a split second and then closes. Can anyone point me in the right direction to fix this problem so that I can properly use this program?

melonhead

January 07, 2008, 11:55:48 pm #55 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by melonhead
Quote from: "Kourama"I'm having trouble running fftpspext.exe

When I initially run the program I get a message saying that the program could not be run because the program could not locate the file "cygwin1.dll"

So I take the file it could not locate and move it into the same folder as fftpspext.exe and run the file. Instead of giving me the original message, the program opens for a split second and then closes. Can anyone point me in the right direction to fix this problem so that I can properly use this program?

You need to run it in a Command Prompt or console window.

Kourama

January 08, 2008, 12:20:48 am #56 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Kourama
Thanks for the info I got it now.

Kourama

January 08, 2008, 04:42:52 pm #57 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Kourama
Below is a value list with some of what I've recorded and information I found posted by others in a more organized list (mostly posted by Zodiac). The list is for some of the more ambiguous values.

Unknown stands for the Unknown section in the ENDT Editor. Also although I found the number (15) for Onion Knight there may be another one since the game classifies Lv 1-7 Onion Knight differently from Lv 8 Onion Knight.

Let me know if you have any questions on what is detailed below or if there is anything that I could add.

Unknown 1/Unknown 2 (going from left to right)

Job Levels

First Number = Job   Second Number = Job Level

00 Base Job
01 Chemist
02 Knight
03 Archer
04 Monk
05 White Mage
06 Black Mage
07 Time Mage
08 Summoner
09 Thief
0A Mediator
0B Oracle
0C Geomancer
0D Lancer
0E Samurai
0F Ninja
10 Calculator
11 Bard
12 Dancer
13 Mime
15 Onion Knight
?? Dark Knight

Unknown 7

Corresponds to matching sprite set/name of unique story characters with a few exceptions - pretty much any character that has generic male/female/sprite doesn't use this formula and uses what is detailed below.

(example: 01 = CH1 Ramza Sprite & Name)

All others start and increase from 80,81,82,83,..89,9A.. for story battles

Monsters that end up in the same space have the same number from above and the same (X,Y) Coordinate

Regular Random Battles are all classified as "FF"

Levels

0 = Highest
1 to 99 = Fixed Level
100 to 255 = x - 100 + Highest (so 110 = 10 levels above Highest)
except 254 = Highest - [1..5]

All other Values

1-100 of respective paramaters
254 = random

Bravery (00-100) Faith (00-100)
Day (1-31) Depending on Month

VincentCraven

January 09, 2008, 11:21:04 pm #58 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by VincentCraven
I tried to open my SCUS_942.21 with the latest program. Here is what I got:

Quote from: "FFTPatcher"Unhandled exception has occured in your application. If you click Continue, the application will ignore this error and attempt to continue. If you click Quit, the application will close immediately.

Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

See the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
   at FFTPatcher.Datatypes.AllSkillSets..ctor(Context context, SubArray`1 bytes, SubArray`1 defaultBytes)
   at FFTPatcher.Datatypes.FFTPatch.OpenModifiedPSXFile(String filename)
   at FFTPatcher.MainForm.openModifiedMenuItem_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.MenuItem.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.MenuItem.MenuItemData.Execute()
   at System.Windows.Forms.Command.Invoke()
   at System.Windows.Forms.Command.DispatchID(Int32 id)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmCommand(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ContainerControl.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
    Assembly Version: 2.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.832 (QFE.050727-8300)
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v2.0.50727/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
FFTPatcher
    Assembly Version: 1.0.0.168
    Win32 Version: 1.0.0.168
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/VC%20Patrick%20DM/My%20Documents/FE%20and%20FF/Final%20Fantasy%20Emulator/FFT%20Sigma/FFTPatcher.exe
System.Windows.Forms
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Drawing
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
System.Xml
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
    <system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
rather than be handled by this dialog box.

Opening patches is not a problem, and I got around this problem by saving my file as a patch.
I changed jobs and that has made all the difference.

trickstardude7

January 16, 2008, 06:51:35 am #59 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by trickstardude7
and saved it on a SCUS file then in cd mage i imported i and saved it on the iso then i started it up and nothing happened ?? none of my cheats happened such as one of the movement abillities ramza could learn in all 4 chapters teleport 2 ?? is it not possible to make teleport 2 learnable ? or am i doing something wrong on cd mag