• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 06:40:46 pm

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

Reflect

Started by Lydyn, May 06, 2008, 06:10:33 pm

Lydyn

May 07, 2008, 12:23:03 pm #20 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Lydyn
Thanks for trying though. ^^

Vanya

May 07, 2008, 01:12:33 pm #21 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Vanya
Any time. =)
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
¯\(°_0)/¯

Atma

i was wondering... would it be possible to make reflect affect the original caster after it's reflected.  i haven't used it much, but i remember it's more like a 'deflect'.  like if ur 2 panels away in the x and 1 in the y, it should go back 2x and 1y, not forward 2x, 1y from the target.  i can see both cases useful, like u could set up your own team and get ur spell to reach farther, but it should reflect it back at it's caster.

btw, my first post here... so, hi!  :P
My name is Atma... I am pure energy... and as ancient as the cosmos.

Kokojo

Hey that would be fun, but it would require some asm hacking, I guess.
I keep leaving, I keep coming back. Boomerang boy.

Atma

i was thinking... Counter Magic reacts pretty close to Reflect in the way i'm used to.  Only issue with it, is it allows the hit, then hits the caster instead of preventing it.  if that could be changed to either 'miss' or skip hitting the target, this skill could work like Auto-Reflect.  would that take much asm hacking?

Vanya

The hacking itself is easy, the hassle is finding the corresponding code to hack.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
¯\(°_0)/¯

Skip Sandwich

What  I'd like to see is for Absorb Used MP to cancel incoming spells entirely, or at least reduce their damage significantly, making more like Celes's Runic skill from FFVI.
"Dave?  Are you there?"
"Yeah.  I can't get you through the cell now."
"You have to talk through the bratwurst from now on. I'm sorry. I didn't know it would do that."
http://www.johndiesattheend.com

Atma

mmm, me likey the Runic idea.  :mrgreen: my favourite Final Fantasy (and 1 of my fav characters).  I think i'd like it if u could utilize it much like the Defend command.