• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 28, 2024, 12:08:45 am

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

Maps

Started by Xifanie, September 29, 2007, 10:23:24 am

Cheetah

June 25, 2009, 07:09:03 pm #280 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Cheetah
Yeah I have definitely seen these before. I found some others at rpgamer.com, where did you find these. They are mostly from the original Japanese trailer. There is also a clip of Orbonne Monastery with a freaking high bridge that looks cool, and another map with a small building surrounded by trees. Recreating these maps would be super cool. Though like you said the Zirekile Falls one is basically identical layout-wise and just looks worse.
Current Projects:

Cheetah

July 29, 2009, 12:56:03 am #281 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Cheetah
So I decided to use the online isometric graphics program that I posted about earlier to make the map I sketched up. Pretty quick and easy tool to use. Obviously I couldn't get the dimensions and angles all that exact, but it is a good 3D representation of what I'm going for. Really I just miss Gomtuu and wished that this thread had a bit more activity...or any activity.
Current Projects:

Vanya

July 29, 2009, 01:05:34 am #282 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Vanya
It looks frickin' awesome. I wish there was more activity on this front, too.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
¯\(°_0)/¯

Tersius

September 10, 2009, 01:14:35 pm #283 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Tersius
Has anyone been able to get Gomtuu's viewer to work on WoTL maps?  Or does it only work on PSX ones?

Cheetah

September 10, 2009, 01:17:41 pm #284 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Cheetah
The maps are all the same to my knowledge, though I haven't tried.
Current Projects:

gomtuu

Quote from: "Tersius"Has anyone been able to get Gomtuu's viewer to work on WoTL maps?  Or does it only work on PSX ones?
My viewer only works on PSX maps for now, but the map formats are not very different. If I remember correctly, the GNS files were the only ones that would cause trouble, and the difference was minor. Instead of referring to files by the sector number where they could be found on the PSX CD, the PSP GNS files just numbered the files sequentially or something.

jimmyjw88

I didn't go through all the posts but just wondering, are we able to make custom maps and put them into game?
Kindly upload the images to other image hosting sites. I can't view imageshack. Thanks.

Kokojo

I keep leaving, I keep coming back. Boomerang boy.

Cheetah

Actually you can, it is just exceptionally difficult. Gomtuu as essentially decoded all the vital information and created tools, it is just very complicated.
Current Projects:

jimmyjw88

Ah, I see. That map viewer tool?
Kindly upload the images to other image hosting sites. I can't view imageshack. Thanks.

Cheetah

The tool that actually allows you to edit stuff is the map slit/join tool. Divides all the parts of the maps into editable understandable chunks.
Current Projects:

jimmyjw88

Hmm...I see. So does that mean we can edit a few things in the map and just load it in the game? Or it doesn't work like that? Anyway, after reading a few posts, I think I better don't mess with maps because I don't understand a thing.

GodBeastX

What's going on Tactics hackers?

I havn't been on FFT since fftactics.org disappeared so I though people lost interest in hacking it.

And behold, people are making more progress than ever before here.

Awhile ago I did a map viewer based off the findings of the FFT Monkeys group, and at the time there was very little information on anything but the visual parts of the maps (Rendering, etc). Is there a forum post with more discovered info? I'm sure if there's enough someone could make a 3D model -> FFT Map converter pretty easily and people could make maps in 3D Studio. I could even take a crack at it if there's still interest and enough info to go around.

Cheetah

Welcome, here is the info you need. Gomtuu our map expert and coder actual made a custom map editor.

Info: http://www.ffhacktics.com/wiki/Maps

Map Editor: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=2479&start=0

If you wanted to contribute to the editor that would be amazing.
Current Projects: