• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 28, 2024, 08:39:38 am

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

Battle.bin? Unit.bin?

Started by Desril, November 05, 2008, 06:31:58 pm

spoonman

January 19, 2009, 05:27:30 pm #20 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by spoonman
Thanks a bunch. Gotta hop on the 'ol HP and break out Photoshop.

jimmyjw88

February 20, 2009, 10:04:00 pm #21 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by jimmyjw88
anyone know how to open evtchr.bin or maybe know where are the evil chars in unit bin??
i only can find ramza, delita, orlandu......all the jobs chars....monsters only.....where is vormav....wiegraf....izlude....miluda...and others?????
worldface.bin have but not in unit.bin.....anyone can tell me why??
Kindly upload the images to other image hosting sites. I can't view imageshack. Thanks.

SentinalBlade

February 21, 2009, 12:08:57 am #22 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by SentinalBlade
Most unique sprites that you dont get in your party are not in unit.bin. evtchr.bin is for special animations, like during events(the knight in gariland holding his hand out) so unless your editing events you dont need it.

if you are editing events, zodiac posted a tutorial on how to put your custom sprites into it. check the main page(not the forum main page). it should be under tutorials.

The ones you mentioned above dont have unit.bin entrys cause...well they dont need one, they are never in your party in the original game. that is why your hacked characters (i.e., characters using zodiac beasts as sprites, or even a custom sprite) show up as a chapter 1 ramza sprite on the formation screen.

I made a video tutorial about how to put your own sprites into unit.bin. but you still have a limited amount of space. it is in the topic "SentinalBlade's Tutorials" and is called 'Editing Unit.Bin, the real way."