• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

May 04, 2024, 02:18:39 am

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

formula hack request: change rod formula to Dmg_F(MA*WP)

Started by DuxorW, April 15, 2013, 06:52:40 pm

DuxorW

This is a request to change the formula for rods from WP*PA to Dmg_F(MA*WP). I want to use this with the weapon effect hack to cast spells with rods. I know there are other ways to do this (using a hack to change the proc rate, etc) but those have the aesthetically unpleasing effect of showing the damage from the rod before the spell proc, whereas I'd rather the character swing their rod and instantly cast the spell using a formula that replicates the spell perfectly (I can change WP to match the Y value for spells using formula 08). If I am having a ditzy moment and there is already a way to do this....let me know.

Thanks in advance if anyone decides to do this.

Atma

The formula used by the magic guns works like that.  It's limited, but that's the only thing that comes to mind
My name is Atma... I am pure energy... and as ancient as the cosmos.

formerdeathcorps

Here's a "joke" idea if you have the extra spell slots.
1) Use Raven's workbook to set Rod formula to MA * Fa / 100 * WP
2) Set all rods to formula 02
3) Have the spells referenced take a formula like 11 (which is NS, meaning it doesn't do anything), but set the effect to that of the spell you want to mimic.

I haven't tested this, so this may not work.  I remember someone telling me setting it to a NS formula still causes a damage display equal to the PA of the user, but if that's the case, I can custom code you something to remove that.
The destruction of the will is the rape of the mind.
The dogmas of every era are nothing but the fantasies of those in power; their dreams are our waking nightmares.