• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

Job name Editor

Started by ffta707, December 11, 2010, 12:06:06 am

ffta707

Here is the first program I made to simply edit Job name text. This is more of a test for future editors.

Enjoy!

Vanya

I'd love to 'fix' the names of jobs used by different races that are basically the same and others that just seem like superfluous changes.
Thanks for making this. ^_^
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
¯\(°_0)/¯

ffta707

Quote from: "Vanya"I'd love to 'fix' the names of jobs used by different races that are basically the same and others that just seem like superfluous changes.
Thanks for making this. ^_^

No problem Vanya ;). It's a simple start, but you have to start somewhere. I trying to make it patch to the ROM eventually.

GeneralStrife

Keep it up ffta, you are a pioneer of FFTAH, much like xif in the beginning

ffta707

December 13, 2010, 07:28:11 pm #4 Last Edit: August 13, 2014, 07:57:08 pm by ffta707
Quote from: GeneralStrifeKeep it up ffta, you are a pioneer of FFTAH, much like xif in the beginning

Thanks! But don't forget darthatron, he's found all of the major information and data.

ffta707

Next version being made.

ALL text will be in the next one, including storyline, so you can make changes.

Victotem

• Modding version: Other/Unknown

nitwit

August 31, 2022, 01:41:12 pm #7 Last Edit: August 31, 2022, 06:42:33 pm by nitwit
Quote from: Victotem on August 31, 2022, 09:05:17 amIs this a commonly problem or my computer is garbage?
https://gyazo.com/2163904473bdb4a5f21b4492ff7d4024
You probably have to extract the whole folder and run the edit from that folder in your file browser. I assume because the editor requires certain files to be present in the same folder as the editor, where it can access them. It can't do that if those files are compressed, and if it's extracted to a temporary location where the other files aren't present (which is what actually happens in the guts of your operating system when you execute a file in a compressed folder).