• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 28, 2024, 03:25:16 am

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

FFT Arena Beta 139c

Started by FFMaster, August 04, 2010, 06:11:37 pm

Barren

Just tested the Lionheart weapon and it looks like it can proc Frog
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
You dare cross blades with me?

FFMaster

☢ CAUTION CAUTION ☢ CAUTION CAUTION ☢

Gaignun

August 28, 2012, 12:27:00 am #163 Last Edit: August 28, 2012, 09:35:20 am by Gaignun
While you're at it with Lionheart, you might as well fix -ton's evasion modifier as well.  It's taking P-EV at present.

Edit:
Hawk's Eye's damage still seems off.  An archer with 11 SP, 60 Fury, and a Romanda Gun (10WP) is doing 9 points of damage to a neutral-compat thief with 70 Fury and protect.  I would expect 69 damage in this case.
Further, the same archer is doing 7 points of damage to both a neutral-compat bard and a best-compat priest with 40 Fury and no protect.

Oddly, Hawk's Eye deals the correct damage when a thief uses a Main Gauche, which also has 10WP.  Maybe this has something to do with the Archer job class.  I'm noticing my emulator crash often when archers begin their turn.

Also, Repel Knife is adding Blind instead of Haste and Don't Act.  Seems it's still using Blind Knife's effect.

FFMaster

Sounds like a really odd bug. Can you try a Thief with a Romanda Gun and see the damage output?

Gaignun

August 29, 2012, 10:13:50 pm #165 Last Edit: August 29, 2012, 11:08:36 pm by Gaignun
Attacker: Thief, 10 SP, 70 Fury, Romanda Gun

Target 1
Target: Thief, 70 Fury, Protect, Neutral compatibility
Damage: 11

Target 2
Oracle, 40 Fury, Defense UP, Good compatibility
Damage: 7

Target 3
Ninja, 40 Fury, Neutral compatibility
Damage: 23 (did 0 when executed, and I have no idea why)

Target 4
Squire, 40 Fury, Bad Compatibility
Damage: 15 (did 31 when executed - could have been a critical hit)

Target 5
Paladin, 70 Fury, Neutral compatibility
Damage: 33

Damage is as reported in the UI when targeting to avoid considering critical hits.

Hawk's Eye aside, I noticed Mage Masher has 5 W-EV in the formation menu, not 15 W-EV like all other daggers.

Also, can you double-check whether Antidote removes Blind?  I'm noticing thieves with Antidote choosing to attack, and even do nothing, rather than cleanse themselves of the status effect.

FFMaster

Great, so it seems like Hawk's Eye has a problem with just guns... now I am really confused.

And Antidote is correctly flagged. So I don't know what is wrong there either. Maybe check the formation screen to see if the ability is learned?

Fixed Repel Knife status, and W-EV for Mage Masher, Repel Knife and Dual Cutters though. I'll release a new version when I can work out how to fix these bugs.

RavenOfRazgriz

They probably don't use Antidote for the same reason my Silenced Chemists won't use Echo Grass half the time, they just don't see the value in removing the status effect unless the item also heals HP, in which case they'll remove it really damn consistently even if its only 1% HP being healed.

Gaignun

That's true.  It seems preserving HP is of highest priority.  It will use antidotes without restraint to cleanse poison, but won't bother to cleanse blind.  Currently, your best bet to remove blind is to hope you get inflicted with a second ailment that is more significant to the AI, then be targeted with an ability that cleanses both at the same time.  If only I had the time and skill to rewrite the AI, the things I'd change...

The Damned

September 02, 2012, 02:54:27 am #169 Last Edit: September 02, 2012, 02:59:32 am by The Damned
(Wait, Mediator's Persuade has been AoE 1 since version 134? ...What.)

Example of my idiocy and inattention aside, given that I still can't really run anything on this computer, I figure that I'll just post the errors I've noticed going over the Master Guide. (Or, at least, I couldn't really run ARENA last time I tried...months ago.)

In going over it thoroughly just now, I think these are all of them, though I might have missed a few still:

CHEMIST
[0. Antidote's new "Cancel: Darkness" should really be "Cancel: Blind" to prevent any new people from being potentially confused.]

PALADIN
[0. Grand Cross similarly should be changed from "100% Add: Darkness" to "100% Add: Blind." Comparatively, Southern Cross might "need" a note about Ignoring Self. Maybe not.]

1. Paladin's Reraise is shown to cost 100 JP rather than 200 JP.

MONK
[0. Like Gaignun, I'm confused if the directly damaging attacks of Punch Art are still supposed to be quadratic or if they're (doubly?) going off Fury now.]

PRIEST
[0. Dia, as with Antidote and Grand Cross before it, "should" says "20% Add: Blind" instead of "20% Add: Darkness". Also, it most likely still needs to be weakened given the shift to a class that actually use it now, but that should go in another thread.]

WIZARD
1. Bolt & Nether Bolt seemingly ignore M-EV now given that they no longer (?) have M in their "EV?" column.

TIME MAGE
1. Balance's MP is still shown as 24 rather than as 15, which is mistakenly in the "Ele" column next to it.

2. The new (and undiscussed, at least on the forums) Chrono Trigger reaction skill is still missing from the Master Guide list.

SUMMONER
1. Odin is not shown to be Dark elemental as it now is or at least, according to the changelog, should be.

THIEF
[0. As with Antidote, Grand Cross & Dia, Bad Luck "should" add "Blind" rather than "Darkness". It should also maybe specify that it's "OR" rather than imply that it's adding all those statuses (like every other instance of statuses using commas). That or say "Random Add" like the new Kagesougi does.]

1. Is Spellbreaker, uh, supposed to be devoid of Wpn Element? I'm just asking because "now" it's apparently "Dmg_(Weapon)" instead of "MA*WP" as it was originally planned to be.

ORACLE
[0. Blind should really say "Add: Blind" rather than "Add: Darkness" given its name. Also, now that I think about it, it seems rather pointless for Dispel Magic to cancel Innocent if it can't ever a unit that actually has Innocent.]

SAMURAI
[0. Kiyomori, like many other things, should add "Blind" instead of "Darkness".]

SCHOLAR
1. Maelstorm does not say it's Water (or rather "Wtr") under the "Ele" column, making it seem (still) non-elemental.

BARD & DANCER
[0. Nameless Dance should have its instance of "Darkness" be "Blind".]

1. This is extremely nit-picky, but Bard's Nameless Song's instance of "Protect" isn't spaced after the comma like it should be when there's still space unlike Oracle's Dispel Magic. The same goes for Dancer's Nameless Dance and its instances of Silence & Slow.

WEAPONS
KNIVES
1. Mage Masher still says that it Adds Silence at 50% rather than Casting Bizen Boat at 50%.

SWORDS
1. Phoenix Blade does not say that it is Immune to Death Sentence as well.

2. Phoenix Blade's W-EV is shown as 10% rather than the 25% that the Changelog says it should be.

3. Moonlight's W-EV is shown as 10% rather than the 0% that the Changelog says it should be.

4. Ice Brand still shown as Casting Ice 2 at 25% rather than the newly reduced 20%.

5. Rune Blade shown to be useable with Two Swords rather than Two Hands.

6. Lionheart shown to be useable with Two Swords rather than Two Hands.

KNIGHT SWORDS
[0. Defender, in the Changelog, is noted as being increased to 15 WP from its just previous (?) 14 WP. All Knight Swords, like all Bows, got +1 WP, right?]

1. Another quite minor one, but Chaos Blade has Reraise misspelled as "Reriase".

STAVES
1. Rainbow Staff still says it's All elements rather than now being non-elemental.

BOWS
[0. Windslash Bow's description of Hurricane does not say if it's Wind elemental (if it still is).]

SPEARS
[0. Formula for "Bracelet" procs still not given.]

SHIELDS
1. Venetian Shield still named as such rather than "Zephyr Shield". (Personally, I don't count this as an error despite what it says in the Changelog.)

HELMETS
1. Mythril Helmet's Special Attribute says "Immunel" rather than "Immune".

HEADBANDS
[0. Ribbon's Chakra Band's instance of "Drkns" should be "Blind".]

(HEAVY) ARMOR
[0. Diamond Armor's instance of "Darkness" should be "Blind".]

ACCESSORIES
1. Diamond Armlet says it Absorbs Earth rather than Nulling Earth.

I apologize if some of the above seems quite nit-picky, but most of its legitimate, especially since I want to leave the more arguable stuff to the discussion thread that I'll post in with half an hour from now. The most nit-picky stuff mainly comes from me harping on "Darkness --> Blind" thing, though.

Speaking of which, "Blind" is still labelled as "Darkness" in Status Effects section of the Master Guide as well. Please just pick either "Blind" or "Darkness" to go with throughout the entire Master Guide and then use that for everything rather than whimsically, probably unintentionally going switching back and forth; personally, I obviously side with use of "Blind" over "Darkness" given there's element called "Dark" among other factors.

Regardless, thanks for the updates like always.
"Sorrow cannot be abolished. It is meaningless to try." - FFX's Yunalesca

"Good and evil are relative, but being a dick cannot be allowed." - Oglaf's Thaumaturge in "The Abyss"

"Well, see, the real magic isn't believing in yourself. The real magic is manipulating people by telling them to believe in themselves. The more you believe, the less you check facts."  - Oglaf's Vanka in "Conviction"

Swiss

What is Chrono Trigger? The ability not the awesome game I might add lol
Swiss Ch3353

Otabo

Quote from: Swiss on September 02, 2012, 10:54:11 am
What is Chrono Trigger? The ability not the awesome game I might add lol

Adds Haste when you're damaged. I think.

Gaignun

I think it actually works when being targeted, like Dragon Spirit.  I'm not completely sure, though.

Quote from: The DamnedACCESSORIES
1. Diamond Armlet says it Absorbs Earth rather than Nulling Earth.

I believe that's intentional.  It complements Defense Ring and Magic Ring, which absorb Water and Wind, respectively.

The Damned

(Yeah, from the description in the changelog from the initial version of 138, Chrono Trigger should just add Haste when damaged like with Regenerator adding Regen or the aforementioned Dragon Spirit. It should also cost 300 JP and be in Time Mage's job, but it currently isn't.)

It's indeed possible that Diamond Armlet now absorbs Earth instead of merely nullifying it; I would actually prefer that to be the case since we already have Earth nullification by way of Feather Boots, which sees little use as it is without another competitor.

That said I decided to point it out because it doesn't match what's in the changelog, as with everything else that I pointed out. Better safe than sorry, especially if I'm trying to be thorough in the only instance that I actually help out in, i.e. nagging the hell out of FFMaster about the Master Guide as usual. It doesn't help that there a few things that were changed that I never saw discussed in the forums, like the aforementioned Chrono Trigger and the Move -1 and Move = 0 Movements instead of Warpath or Holy March.

"Good and evil are relative, but being a dick cannot be allowed." - Oglaf's Thaumaturge in "The Abyss"

"Well, see, the real magic isn't believing in yourself. The real magic is manipulating people by telling them to believe in themselves. The more you believe, the less you check facts."  - Oglaf's Vanka in "Conviction"

FFMaster

Warpath/Holy March were not implemented due to problems in ASM, simple as that. I've made a working version since then, but it doesn't have any visual indicators that it's working. I can implement it in 138d if needed.

Also, plenty of stuff is discussed on IRC, which is usually easier for all people. Move-1 and Move=0 were made simply because I said it was possible, and people thought it may have been useful.

Honestly, I'm not sure what is right/wrong with the MG anymore lol. There are too many changes this version, and problems keep piling up. Give me a few days and I'll pull out 138d to fix all these errors.

The Damned

(Take your time. I'm pretty sure no one wants you to rush and miss anything, especially since you have a life. Besides, Barren seems to be content doing gauntlets right now anyway.)

Oh, I didn't mean to imply anything with regards to IRC or the forum-undiscussed RSMs. For the former, I assumed that some discussion had gone on via IRC, so I just was factually stating I hadn't seen them around on the forums since I rarely go on IRC. For the latter, I don't have a problem with any of them; I just kinda assumed that Move -1 and Move=0 made in over Warpath and Holy March because you ultimately agreed with people that they might end up as too problematic. I quite like the Chrono Trigger reference actually. Admittedly, I'm skeptical as to whether Move -1 or Move=0 will see much, if any, good use though; the skepticism lies more with Move=0 than Move -1.

Regardless, as I've said before when nagging you about this stuff, you're not beholden to me or anyone else except for maybe PX (or Aero). Also as I've said before, it's best if you take your time fixing things. It's not like it's impossible that a 138e will need to come out after 138d, but it will be a lot more likely to have less things that need to be fixed if you don't rush it.

I can double check the Master Guide if you want, though again I currently can't test anything (as far as I'm aware). I don't think I missed anything, but if you're still unsure....

Barren

Just did a test with a squire holding a shieldrender in two hands. there was a animation where the squire was hitting someone twice with it and the mime mimics. the squire doesn't have two swords obviously

Dol

Thats the sheild break proc.  If the enemy doesnt have a shield equipped, then its just a second attack.  Thats why I gave that squire that weapon  :)

Barren

Quote from: Dol on September 06, 2012, 10:34:02 pm
Thats the sheild break proc.  If the enemy doesnt have a shield equipped, then its just a second attack.  Thats why I gave that squire that weapon  :)

You're evil

Gaignun

September 07, 2012, 11:57:29 pm #179 Last Edit: September 09, 2012, 06:44:50 am by Gaignun
Spotted another inconsistency: Steal Accessory is being modified by P-EV in-game.  The master's guide indicates that it isn't modified by anything.  Which is correct?

Edit: Could I get confirmation on Short Edge's Oil proc rate, if it isn't too much trouble?