• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

May 10, 2024, 09:05:43 am

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

FFT PSX Mod Suggestion

Started by Darkholme, August 16, 2012, 10:05:48 am

Darkholme

Hi.

I've lurked here a while, posted a few times, made a couple portraits, and I'm now back due to wanting to replay FFT.

There seem to be a few new mods of gameplay since the last time I was here. I was hoping for suggestions for which mod might be a good one for me and why.

Basically I'm looking for something that:
- Includes the new content from FFT Complete, and hopefully the new translation.
- Includes some of the bugfix patches for ASM, particularly the one that fixes the equipment selection algorithm.
- Includes one of the two revised equipment selection methods that I was giving ideas for a while back. Either with "equipment levels" which are set throughout the story, or with equipment based on what's available in the stores, as opposed to the default of "Match NPC Level."
- Some manner of enhanced gameplay, but not a complete story rewrite. Perhaps just a gameplay rebalance, with number tweaks, adjusted movespeeds, and rebalanced monster stats. Perhaps something which changes the dynamics of existing fights, and maybe adds a couple new ones. Perhaps adds some more humanoid characters to random battles.

I'm not so much looking for a new game, just looking for some new twists on the old one. The plan is to burn it to CD and play it on my (modded) PSX, hooked up to a projector for maximum fun.

If there's no mod that contains the ASM changes I'm looking for, how hard is it to apply ASM changes to an already modded ISO using fftorgASM? Would that cause alot of problems? Could I just include the bugfixes I want afterwards if they're not already there?

Thanks guys.

I always find it interesting to read the discussions on these boards, even though I often have nothing to say.

Dome

August 16, 2012, 12:24:08 pm #1 Last Edit: August 16, 2012, 12:54:21 pm by Dome
FFT: Plus 1.02 will include a new, revised script, bugfixes and ASM that makes the enemy equip the same stuff you can buy in stores (And stay at your level), greatly rebalances the gameplay (Making the enemies a bit better, changing/removing/adding new abilities) and enhances random fights (Including the special fights you unlock in Ch4)

P.s: If you check my signature, you will see that we are currently discussing the script, since everything else is already implemented into the game (You can play 1.01C Beta if you want to see for yourself, even if I must warn you: 1.02 will be a lot better)

"Be wise today so you don't cry tomorrow"

LastingDawn

Nice Cyan portrait! You might actually like Celdia's Class Change Patch then, it's different and a bit goofy but it's a lot of fun and provides a new way of playing the game. You may be able to patch it over FFT Complete without any issues.

Some of what you mention *should* be able to be done with FForgASM without much of an issue, since FDC and Glain fixed it up to assure that most of the hacks work in sync with one another.
"Moment's anger can revert to joy,
sadness can be turned to delight.
A nation destroyed cannot be restored,
the dead brought back to life."

Art of War

Beta & Gretchen Forever!!!!

Darkholme

Hmm.

FFT+
Does 1.01C include everything but the translation? How long do you think it will be until 1.02 is done?
It does sound like it has the potential to be alot of fun.

Celdia's Class Patch. That could be an interesting sort of remix as well. I would like to not use the original PSX translation this time around, and FFT Complete supposedly unlocks the books and the sound test and stuff, and that sounds like fun.

Any others?

FFTorgASM should be able to apply new ASM mods without buggering up the patch, right? I haven't tried it yet, but I would imagine if the ASM ends up overriding the same piece of the Kanji table twice the whole thing will go to shit. I'd like to avoid that.

Is there a big published collection of all the ASM hacks shared on these boards in XML for turning on and off in FFTorgASM?

Dome

QuoteFFT+
Does 1.01C include everything but the translation? How long do you think it will be until 1.02 is done?
It does sound like it has the potential to be alot of fun.

1.01C lacks only the new script, some skill/item tweak and some DD fight
The game is fully playable, and balanced ;P
P.s: 1.02 will require the joint effort of many hackers, and sadly won't come out before the new year...

QuoteIs there a big published collection of all the ASM hacks shared on these boards in XML for turning on and off in FFTorgASM?

Download the latest FFTPatcher, there are a lot of ASM inside
Also check this topic for more ASM

"Be wise today so you don't cry tomorrow"