• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 04:55:46 pm

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

Takeno's attempt for spriting

Started by Takeno, April 15, 2012, 03:08:53 pm

Kagebunji

Yeah, I've been there, and all this arm work was just too much, I didn't feel like doing it. I'm glad Choto took it up.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

Jon

I tried making custom arms once.

The sprite was never finished.

Never again, lol :P
There ain't no gettin' offa this train we on!

Takeno

Sorry, I worked on it a bit. It was a bit harder than I first thought.

See first post.

Choto

ohhhhh custom arms aren't so bad :P Actually in case anybody ever wants to try them, I think what would help is picking a sprite where the hands are similar to what you want, and recolor them. Then just fill in the arm part of it. Saves a bit of work.

Takeno

Now I know why custom arms are a pain. Because of the shoulder pads, some works needed to be done on the arms. Sadly, I wasn't skilled enough to do it. So I kept the original arms.

Choto

Yeah i lied... they do suck X_X

its not so much difficult, just very tedious... especially when you somehow lose an hour or two of work :'(

It is a good learning experience though, because you discover different techniques for representing depth or color.

Takeno

Urgh I know what you mean Choto but shading isn't my forte T_T

I decided to redo the whole spredsheet of gilgamesh armor. First, I recolored the sprite of mercenary Ramza in golden.
Then mix the torso and arms parts of ramza with the bottom of Delita.

For those who want the recolored Ramza.