• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 28, 2024, 03:29:23 am

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

Izirudo's Sprites

Started by Izirudo, November 16, 2010, 04:45:14 am

Izirudo

I see. You don't need to show it. It's just that I'm too inexperienced in this stuff that I have to ask before proceeding. Anyway, I'll fix them all by tomorrow. Also, there isn't that black line where you told me to erase right?

Kagebunji

Yeah, the line seems to be gone, I couldn't notice it any longer.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

Izirudo

I just completed the cape and fix the bad shading thing. Here's what I got so far:

I think that the most difficult thing is the remaining one - 'hairing'. Well, I'll check out the heads of the custom sprites and decide on it tomorrow. Gotta go refresh my mind... Just give me the feedback as always, please :)

Kagebunji

I looked and tested it in-game again. Legs work perfectly now, good job on that. As to the cape, cross looks fine too, but there is one thing you have to fix(on the cape, not cross), the lack of shading, you will understand more after looking at Zalbag cape, on wich this was based(tip:look at right part of the cape). I never was a fan of silver armor and white/silver cape combo, it clashes too much with each other, but I quess you can't fix it now, can you? If you can change it though, I suggest some darker color.

Izirudo

No problem, changing the color is not as hard as making something new. Glad to know that mostly everything works fine now ^_^.

Kagebunji

Yeah, other than cliche color scheme, it works okay. Lookin forward.

Kill_Bones

Never thought I'd say this to anyone, but I love the cross! The sprite is looking really good. The whole outfit reminds me of a crusader. As for the portrait, it also looks pretty damn good. Just needs new hair.

Full credit to Mayhem over at RPGuild for my sig

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power."  

-Abraham Lincoln

Quote from: Dome on February 19, 2011, 04:36:46 am
Sorry Eternal, I don't have balls....

GeneralStrife

sexy ramza is sexy
welcome to the spriters club

Mari

Quote from: "Kill_Bones"Never thought I'd say this to anyone, but I love the cross! The sprite is looking really good. The whole outfit reminds me of a crusader. As for the portrait, it also looks pretty damn good. Just needs new hair.
Crusader is what he's going for!
As the puppeteer pulls His strings,
The fragile doll spreads Her wings.
To dance a ballet as He directs
That is the Curse of the Marionette.

Controlled by a hand far, far above,
Forbidden to care, forbidden to love.
Forever shall She mime what She cannot know,
Until the day She loses her illusory glow.

Propped up on a stilt where wine once stood,
The Marionette is, once more, only wood.
Her glossy eyes have lost their shine,
Her silken hair, turned to twine.

What a fate awaits the poor little doll,
Who dances and runs but cannot stand at all.
And the puppeteer is applauded at the end of every show,
But the audience's joyous response the doll can never know.

I am but a doll on an endless stage,
Dancing for others whilst I slowly age.
My puppeteer sits far above,
Hiding His face behind a white glove.

And when I have aged to nothing but wood,
I will be tucked away in a closet where a doll once stood.
Then, as I gather dust and the world passes by,
I will be forgotten by the vast, blue sky.

Jon

Very nice! One problem actually is this: your avatar on this site! You didn't index the portrait and it is too big and the wrong way. You want me to make your avatar match everyone else who has a FFT avatar?
There ain't no gettin' offa this train we on!

Izirudo

@Jon eerrm, please help me if you want :). Anyway, regarding the cape, I don't think I can change it now - things are easier said than done, changing the color to something dark like Kagebunji said means that I have to go for either Red or Black, and that leads to the changing of the Cross' color, and lack of colors on the pallete means I have to switch some pallete colors... it's kinda troublesome >_< so I may not change it. I'll be working on the head for the time being.

Izirudo

I drafted a hairdo based on the same hairstyle in the MMORPG Ragnarok online. Here it is:

So... Any opinion? Since this is my first sprite, I want to complete everything in a custom way. If nothing goes wrong I should be able to complete the sprite the day after tomorrow, right after fixing the shading on the cape.

Kagebunji

It doesn't look bad, but there is no chance it will look good in-game. Hair is quite flat. Delita seems to have something similiar to this, or even Zack, try looking at those two to see how shading is supposes to work. Currently you have flat lines with dark shading to separate them. Don't give up, you are very close to completing awesome sprite. Also, if you want him to be generic, give him blonde hair, brown or black hair stand out and make a character special.

Izirudo

O_O I see... I'll try going for blonde hair then... Let's see how long I can hang on XD. Almost forgot - the hair model:

Kagebunji

It's a pretty good reference. But you made it a bit too long on sprite. I think you will fix it on your next attempt.

GeneralStrife

noooo finish ramza first, : D haha
The hair is okay but sometimes its hard making hair fit in in fft

Kagebunji

What? Hell no, ditch Ramza. I am sick and tired of his headswaps. Don't even tempt him, Cloud.

GeneralStrife

It's gotta be expected, kage, ramza is the protagonist of FFT, we need a good chapter 4 replacer after all. Though I agree with you mostly.

Kagebunji

We don't need a one, current one is okay, just the buttpants should go. This sprite is too good to turn it into lousy Ramza headswapzlolol.

Lijj

Yeah that is a good sprite. I'm so glad you went with something besides a Ramza. Just because we need no more Ramza sprites ( nothing against the character)
I'm going to test it out to make sure it's quality. I'm sick of finding animation errors.
     Izrudo if you post gifs I'll be your ally. Only twinees and I post gifs of our work; it's the best way to show the quality of a sprite.

Here is one way to make gifs:
http://ffhacktics.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=406
See Concise GIF making tutorial
  • Modding version: PSX