• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 08:58:09 pm

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

FFMaster's small ASM hacks{Another Oil hack made}

Started by FFMaster, August 09, 2010, 06:18:26 am

Zozma

it should probably drastically lower the affected units evade% as well
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
Wiegraf: Draw your sword Ramza!
Ramza: But im a monk!!

LastingDawn

I like what FFTA2 did in this regard, they made it a Solid 50% chance to hit, even with magic. Not sure how evasion and such effected it though, to be honest. If there was such a thing in this game. In that case though Blind could be sort of a... buff. In the right situation.

Say your foe has Immense evasion, and you'd normally be dealing 23% or so from the front. Put Blind on one of your own units and your chance more than doubles to him him. Would need a new name in that case, of course.
"Moment's anger can revert to joy,
sadness can be turned to delight.
A nation destroyed cannot be restored,
the dead brought back to life."

Art of War

Beta & Gretchen Forever!!!!

Zozma

thats an interesting idea, and if you dont want it to be able to be used as a buff you can simply make it so it does not hit allys

Vanya

Isn't the target's evade taken into account in the formulas anyway?
I mean, you'd think the Blind penalty was set up to cut the affected unit's hit% by a percentage rather than setting the unit's hit% to a specific amount.

Quote from: "Zozma"it should probably drastically lower the affected units evade% as well

Yes! I always thought it should, too. Not being able to see for a a species that relies heavily on sight (humans) should be very debilitating.
¯\(°_0)/¯

Skip Sandwich

Currently it doubles the evade rate of targets attacked by the afflicted, but that doesn't really matter when attacking low-evade units, so it should reduce the base chance to hit from 100% to 50%, this has the same net effect against high-evade units, but a much greater effect against low-evade. It would even overwrite Concentrate if it worked this way, since Concentrate just skips the step where the target's evade rate is taken into consideration, so a blinded unit with concentrate would still ignore evasion, but would have only a 50% chance to hit.
"Dave?  Are you there?"
"Yeah.  I can't get you through the cell now."
"You have to talk through the bratwurst from now on. I'm sorry. I didn't know it would do that."
http://www.johndiesattheend.com

Xifanie

Make a ASM hack that checks the accessorie's Physical Evasion:
Like normally a feather mantle would have 40% evade
Normal: 100 - 40 = 60% to hit

with new blind:
(100 - 40) / 2 = 30% to hit

Instead of doubling evasion, divide by two the chance to hit. This would work regardless of the C-Ev, shield or accessory equipped
  • Modding version: PSX
Love what you're seeing? https://supportus.ffhacktics.com/ 💜 it's really appreciated

Anything is possible as long as it is within the hardware's limits. (ie. disc space, RAM, Video RAM, processor, etc.)
<R999> My target market is not FFT mod players
<Raijinili> remember that? it was awful

FFMaster

Updated first post with Darkness hack and a crappy formula hack.

Thanks Zodiac for the method to do it.
☢ CAUTION CAUTION ☢ CAUTION CAUTION ☢

LastingDawn

And Blind is now a viable status! Thanks Zodiac and  FFMaster!
"Moment's anger can revert to joy,
sadness can be turned to delight.
A nation destroyed cannot be restored,
the dead brought back to life."

Art of War

Beta & Gretchen Forever!!!!

FFMaster

Here is a terrible one I just made. I could make it far more interesting, but right now, I have no ideas on what I should do. Maybe require the caster to have Max HP or something? Anything is possible really.

0x122974

Skip Sandwich

I'd like to see the dash ability use a formula like the following, so that you deal more damage if you're "heavier" then the target
dmg=((PA * CasMaxHP)/(2 * TarMaxHP)) * PA

being mindful of the power of exponential scaling, this formula is set up so that if Caster and Target hp are equal, damage equals (PA * PA)/2

:EDIT: alternatively, you could invert this, making it deal more damage when you're "lighter" then the target, which could make a good skill for thieves ("backstab" or "flank attack") or possibly monks ("hip toss" or "leg sweep")

:EDIT2: possible ability use for same gender target status infliction, provided the original opposite gender target remains as well
Bifauxnen (dancer) or Dandyism (bard) - charm target of same gender
"Dave?  Are you there?"
"Yeah.  I can't get you through the cell now."
"You have to talk through the bratwurst from now on. I'm sorry. I didn't know it would do that."
http://www.johndiesattheend.com

Zozma

I'd like to see drain's (and aspel) formula able to multi target and then heal in the total amount of hp drained from all units hit instead of what it does now which is heal in the value of only one of the units hit

Pickle Girl Fanboy

September 01, 2010, 06:21:24 pm #31 Last Edit: September 02, 2010, 12:29:14 pm by Pickle Girl Fanboy
Some questions:
1. Are all of these BATTLE.BIN?
2. Do you mind if I add these to the wiki?
3. Should I add them to the ASM Hacking page, or the BATTLE.BIN page?  Both?
4. And what would you call each of the offsets you found?   Like the requisite for Formula 29, which is normally opposite gender.

FFMaster

Q1)Yes, all of them are for BATTLE.BIN

Q2/3)Do whatever, I don't mind.

Q4) What do you mean? Can you rephrase that?

EDIT:
0x11F958
change 0x01 to 0xZZ
Example. Setting ZZ to 0a will make it (0...(y-1)+10)*PA

EDIT2:
0x126144
XX000324
0x126398
XX000524
Example: Setting XX to 10 will mean 16% chance for reactions to activate.

Pickle Girl Fanboy

I'm trying to build a map of everything currently known and editable in every file in the game, and, to do that with formulas, I need a name for every part of a formula.

For instance, your hack to Formula 29 (Steal Heart) alters it's target requisite, which is normally Opposite Gender... Looks like I answered my own question.

philsov

QuoteChange reaction activation to XX% constant

And... I need to go change my pants now.
Just another rebel plotting rebellion.

ronan

FFMaster

September 03, 2010, 05:46:31 pm #36 Last Edit: September 03, 2010, 08:55:52 pm by FFMaster
Here is a new one. It combines both Attack UP and Magic Attack UP, but is weaker and uses an empty supoort ability.

EDIT: Removed until I fix some bugs.

Vanya

There isn't an editable byte to change the percentage?
¯\(°_0)/¯

FFMaster

Yeah, there is. But I don't know how it works exactly, never really looked into it. I just used Nate's hack.
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=2008
To edit the ability:
0xf12fc - currently cc4c
0xf130c - currently cdcc

Pickle Girl Fanboy

Noticed this just now.

From Razele's hacking topic:
Transparent loses 100% accuracy bonus
BATTLE.BIN
0x11E4D0 change 0x10 to 0x00

From Formula Hacking wiki page:
0x005A
* 0x80 Oil
* 0x40 Float
* 0x20 Reraise
* 0x10 Transparent
* 0x08 Berserk
* 0x04 Chicken
* 0x02 Frog
* 0x01 Critical

And, just to verify, the 50% bonus damage associated with Charging status means whoever has Charging status takes 50% more damage, correct?