• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 16, 2024, 11:17:22 am

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

Battle Graphics

Started by Pixy, September 30, 2007, 09:05:46 am

LastingDawn

April 05, 2008, 06:48:11 am #40 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by LastingDawn
I always thought Celia and Lede were taller then the average NPC? Well shows how much I know. I don't quite recall seeing this Teta anywhere, may I have a link to the current file?
"Moment's anger can revert to joy,
sadness can be turned to delight.
A nation destroyed cannot be restored,
the dead brought back to life."

Art of War

Beta & Gretchen Forever!!!!

Zozma

April 05, 2008, 06:51:03 am #41 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Zozma
it's actually on the "completed sprites" section for download i will update that soon too. two more frames to go.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
Wiegraf: Draw your sword Ramza!
Ramza: But im a monk!!

LastingDawn

April 05, 2008, 07:00:32 am #42 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by LastingDawn
Hmm, I thought that looked familiar... my friend, wanted to have Teta survive at Fort Zeakden and have Delita die instead, with Algus taking his place. So this is a wonderful start! I'll wait for the completed version though. You've done quite a lot of spriting. Thank you for your dedication to the project.

Art of War

Sen

April 05, 2008, 07:02:10 am #43 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Sen
What about making a story that Teta is actually alive?
and you will meet her sometime.

LastingDawn

April 05, 2008, 07:24:55 am #44 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by LastingDawn
Well the story is, that the Lion War and the Durai Papers was a sham, that the true "hero" of the war died a year before the war began. Algus, using the persona of Delita Heiral. Teta finds Ramza and tells him (pretty much the opposite of what Delita says) that it was Delita who saved her. Algus makes it out alive, and pretty much takes Delita's role, except at points, Ramza and him come to heads. Of course I don't know the intracacies, it's been a while since I asked him about it, so I can't quite recall it all.

Art of War

Zozma

April 05, 2008, 07:50:41 am #45 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Zozma
im sereously going to think of a way to squeeze teta into the story without delita finding out. one of my thoughts had been to make her appear again as a bandit type that you have to fight.. (i did create a version of teta in a purple theif costume) but i like her dress costume better now that its almost finished, ill probably make a bonus mission where shes a missable character on the other end of the map surrounded by monsters lol... if you're unable to rescue her before her crystal counter runs out then thats it...

LastingDawn

April 05, 2008, 12:16:51 pm #46 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by LastingDawn
Haha, I really like those scenarios you make regarding those. But why the first time, would she not recognize Ramza, or vice versa? Of course, she would probably be sickened by her brother's choice of motives and believing Ramza another puppet of his would fight him, it makes sense.

Art of War

Vanya

April 05, 2008, 01:29:48 pm #47 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Vanya
What about all those skills in melon's editor that have FFFF in the graphics list? Accumulate's effect, for example, can they be used or moved?
¯\(°_0)/¯

Zozma

April 08, 2008, 02:25:49 am #48 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Zozma
making her join sometime after ramza's final encounter with delita would eliminate part of it... also she did get hit with an arrow and then used as a meat shield so how about a nice healthy dose of amnesia?

the ffff skills.... you can assign pre-existing gfx to some of them....

Vanya

April 08, 2008, 09:06:26 am #49 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Vanya
But what if I want to use their gfx in another skill slot?
¯\(°_0)/¯

Xifanie

April 08, 2008, 05:57:01 pm #50 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Xifanie
You can't, FFFF means there is no effect file assigned.

Accumulate is special, it is stored somewhere else; so basically, only accumulate can have those graphics.

The others are just blank skills and you can change them as you wish.
  • Modding version: PSX
Love what you're seeing? https://supportus.ffhacktics.com/ 💜 it's really appreciated

Anything is possible as long as it is within the hardware's limits. (ie. disc space, RAM, Video RAM, processor, etc.)
<R999> My target market is not FFT mod players
<Raijinili> remember that? it was awful

Vanya

April 08, 2008, 06:05:09 pm #51 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Vanya
Ah, I see. Thanks! =)
¯\(°_0)/¯

Zozma

April 09, 2008, 02:41:37 am #52 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Zozma
zodiac! since this page has your attentinon for a second...

what if i wanted to actually assign gfx to the archers charge skills,
or take the jump or calculator skills and change them to other single spells.. is there any way that in the future the editor will allow this? right now you can only change the statistics of the type of skill it is, but not completely change what it is... if i were to eliminate the calculator job, it would be great to have those slots like "CT" or "5", "4" etc available to change into a real skill...

NeedsMoreNoise

April 09, 2008, 02:58:45 am #53 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by NeedsMoreNoise
Quote from: "Zozma"zodiac! since this page has your attentinon for a second...

what if i wanted to actually assign gfx to the archers charge skills,
or take the jump or calculator skills and change them to other single spells.. is there any way that in the future the editor will allow this? right now you can only change the statistics of the type of skill it is, but not completely change what it is... if i were to eliminate the calculator job, it would be great to have those slots like "CT" or "5", "4" etc available to change into a real skill...
Imagine if you could instead use the "two list"-function of the Calculator's skills for the Mystic Knight. List one would contain the elements, list two would contain different attack effects and/or ranges.

For example:

You're in a battle, and select the Mystic Knight's skillset. First list:
  • Fire
  • Ice
  • Lightning
  • Wind
  • Earth
  • Water
  • Holy
  • Dark

Second list:
  • Normal (Range 1, Effect 0)
  • Spin (Range 0, Effect 1)
  • Ranged (Range 4, Effect 0)
  • Piercing (Range 2, Effect 2, Linear Attack)
The ones with less range and effect would do the most damage. Hell, the second list could even be substituted with status effects.

That'd probably be the worst thing ever to code, though, but it'd be neat.

Xifanie

April 09, 2008, 07:06:32 am #54 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Xifanie
you're supposed to be able to change the skills' gfx for all skills... doesn't FFTPatcher allow that?

And I'm afraid there probably won't be anytime that we'll be able to edit those skills...
  • Modding version: PSX
Love what you're seeing? https://supportus.ffhacktics.com/ 💜 it's really appreciated

Anything is possible as long as it is within the hardware's limits. (ie. disc space, RAM, Video RAM, processor, etc.)
<R999> My target market is not FFT mod players
<Raijinili> remember that? it was awful

Vanya

April 09, 2008, 07:30:41 am #55 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Vanya
The editor allows us to change skills to other types, but doesn't change the specific stats that can be edited in the slot. That might confuse users, but I would presume it has something to do with the way the data is organized.
¯\(°_0)/¯

Lydyn

April 09, 2008, 01:44:43 pm #56 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Lydyn
The only things that aren't really editable with skills in the base forumlas and adding/subtracting new effects from the already existing ones. There's also some unknowns too, I suppose ... but you can change ~about~ anything you want in a skill.

I mean, I changed small bomb to a sword skill, so... I'm a tad bit confuzzled what you two are asking, myself.

Vanya

April 09, 2008, 03:10:20 pm #57 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Vanya
Go to one of the Jump skills and change it's type (right under chance to learn) and you'll notice what I mean.
¯\(°_0)/¯

Lydyn

April 09, 2008, 04:39:29 pm #58 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Lydyn
Oh, that... yeah, noticed that a while ago. :P

Zozma

April 10, 2008, 02:13:50 am #59 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Zozma
you cant make a skill like "Charge+1" have gfx or formulas or require things like a sword (not that u would want that but..) that's what i am referring to.
if you could that would leave room for so many more custom skills to be created...