• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 02:37:17 pm

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

Story Discussion

Started by Zozma, February 07, 2009, 01:42:42 pm

Zozma

May 21, 2009, 09:32:27 pm #100 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Zozma
well they only get that old if they manage to avoid any unnatural deaths. (i guess whoever was holding the earth crystal before wasn't so lucky hehe) no i might change that and make them all relatively the same ages
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
Wiegraf: Draw your sword Ramza!
Ramza: But im a monk!!

DarthPaul

May 21, 2009, 10:23:27 pm #101 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by darthpaul
Quote from: "Zozma"well they only get that old if they manage to avoid any unnatural deaths. (i guess whoever was holding the earth crystal before wasn't so lucky hehe) no i might change that and make them all relatively the same ages

Even better for character development, Gin got lucky when he inherited the crystal, hence why he is not fond of it.
Oh pitiful shadow lost in the darkness, bringing torment and pain to others. Oh damned soul wallowing in your sin, perhaps...it is time to die

Zozma

May 21, 2009, 10:24:50 pm #102 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Zozma
i've still gotta find a good lvl 3 earth effect file

Zodiac_Heretic

May 29, 2009, 02:57:27 pm #103 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Zodiac_Heretic
Chapter 1

-Have all your party members except for Ramza die in the final battle, so once he becomes a mercenary, he's truly alone.

-Show Zalbag and Wieglaf fighting and Wiegraf escaping (possibly abandoning Boco in process) due to Zalbag being distracted by the blast at Fort Zieneken

-Show Zalbag returning to the fort to find Ramza and Delita missing

-Show Ramza meeting Gaferion and Rad and how he transitions from a noble to a mercenary

Chapter 2

- Have similar scene with Delita burying Teta's body that was done with Wieglaf and Miluda in WOL

- Make Ramza and Rad apprentinces to Gaferion in learning to become a Dark Knight

- If Gaferion's crystal is collected by Ramza after he is killed then Ramza's default job class should become a dark knight with his prior skills incorporated.

- Show how Delita infrultrated both the church and the Naten

- Make Boco a one of a kind Chocobo that knows all the chocobo skills in the game including the ability to fly.

Chapter 3

-Show tention between Delita and Wiegraf (since now they are playing on the same team)

- The game should allow you to play as Wiegraf and play the readevous against the Temple Knights to show what he had to go through to become one (replacing him with Melidoul in the first battle)

- Make the random assassins that attack Ovelia, Rafa and Malak...once defeated, they teleport to safety barely with their lives. This could be explained by Khamja being under contract by Dycedarg. Their faces could even be veiled like the ninja's to "hide" their identities (so when they come across Delita again as good guys, he doesn't recognize them)

- Have Boco and Wiegraf have a special conversation in both the chapter 3 battles that they are present in during chapter 3.

-Have Luso have an adverse reaction upon hearing the name "Khamja" when first confronting Malak.

Chapter 4

- If Cloud is with you, have him to have a "flashback" upon seeing Marquis Elmdor and all his stats temporarily go up including being hastened.

- Show conflict with Agrias upon Beowulf and/or Meliadoul entering the party. Especially between Beowulf and Meliadoul.

- Show a comical interaction between Baltheir and Mustadio (since apparently they are from the same ancestory) or even one upon enter Goug and Mustadio's father seeing Baltheir and realizing who he is.

-Show Baltheir attempting to loot the church and fending off the Templars.

- Show the actual backstory of Beowulf and Reis.

- Further explain Elidibus relation to the 13th stone and make byblos somehow relevant to it.

- Show Meliadoul plotting to stalk the party after her defeat in Bervenia, so when she suddenly enters the Zelera battle, it makes better sense.

- Mustadio and Balk should have a past history.

In General

- Rad, Alicia, and Lavian should have bigger roles within the plot. And if they are used in the Errands, which ever ones require you to fight, they become playable (but only if its the three of them) and they say special things in during the results of any errand. Almost like a "Misadventures of FFT" or something.

- The stones should be able to be used in battle...the results totally depending on the holder's faith level. For example, 49 and below, the holder turns into Lucavi demon and 50 and above, the holder can use the actual special abilities of the stone. Turning into a Lucavi should have consequence like, the player no longer being able to control the unit and the unit harming allies and enemies alike with its attacks. Oh and only special characters should have this ability.

SilvasRuin

May 30, 2009, 12:16:31 pm #104 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by SilvasRuin
I don't think everything you're suggesting is possible.  I'm certain the last two bits aren't (special characters and errands don't mix), and Ramza's default class can't be made to change by picking up a crystal.  Now, he could have those abilities only learnable through  picking up a crystal I think, but his base class wouldn't suddenly alter because of it.  I don't think Cloud's stats can be altered temporarily unless he is removed and a guest character with higher multipliers is used in his place.  I don't know how WotL did it with Beowulf, but I suspect doing so might could get messy.  I don't think that many additional scenes is doable either.

Why in the world would Mustadio and Balk have a history?  Because they both utilize guns?  Sorry, I don't buy that.

Pixy

May 30, 2009, 11:40:20 pm #105 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Pixy
As far as I can remember, Balk was a machinist in Goug who was "blacklisted" for something...

A shady machinist that used to work with/for Besrodio? It's possible. Balk is kind of a random villain to begin with so he could have something.
*is FFTRamza*
no, I mean what I said. Perhaps if I said it in Japanese it'd become magically better for you. - philsov

Zozma

May 31, 2009, 07:30:32 am #106 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Zozma
I don't know if i had mentioned it anywhere very clearly or not but Balk was written out of the story, which btw is pretty much established already. Tietra (who wont be burried because she doesn't die at ft zeakden will appear in the two places that balk originally did.)

in additon to that...
Cloud and Beowulf are not in it either. Special units can be sent on propositions.

Meliadoul and Izlude are swapped, you DO get Izlude and he can use the mighty sword skillset which doesn't miss monsters and unarmed humans in my patch

LastingDawn

May 31, 2009, 06:20:57 pm #107 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by LastingDawn
Yes, I must suggest anyone who's offering story tips to see what we've already come up with. All of Chapter 1's basically down pat, the talk of adding extra scenes is nice, but can't be done without replacing another scene. Vicks basically takes Algus's role, Algus takes Tietra's Role, Tietra takes on a brand new role, along with many other character's that join your party along the way.
"Moment's anger can revert to joy,
sadness can be turned to delight.
A nation destroyed cannot be restored,
the dead brought back to life."

Art of War

Beta & Gretchen Forever!!!!

Zodiac_Heretic

June 01, 2009, 10:01:35 am #108 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Zodiac_Heretic
Quote from: "SilvasRuin"I don't think everything you're suggesting is possible.  I'm certain the last two bits aren't (special characters and errands don't mix), and Ramza's default class can't be made to change by picking up a crystal.  Now, he could have those abilities only learnable through  picking up a crystal I think, but his base class wouldn't suddenly alter because of it.  I don't think Cloud's stats can be altered temporarily unless he is removed and a guest character with higher multipliers is used in his place.  I don't know how WotL did it with Beowulf, but I suspect doing so might could get messy.  I don't think that many additional scenes is doable either.

Why in the world would Mustadio and Balk have a history?  Because they both utilize guns?  Sorry, I don't buy that.

I didn't mean "literally" changing it with a hacking device or anything but just things I saw in the game that would have been cooler if done differently.

Mustadio and Balk are both from Goug and yes, are both the only Machinists on the game. Drawing some type of parallel between the characters wouldn't have hurt...especially for further character development purposes.

Zodiac_Heretic

June 01, 2009, 10:03:53 am #109 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Zodiac_Heretic
Quote from: "Zozma"I don't know if i had mentioned it anywhere very clearly or not but Balk was written out of the story, which btw is pretty much established already. Tietra (who wont be burried because she doesn't die at ft zeakden will appear in the two places that balk originally did.)

in additon to that...
Cloud and Beowulf are not in it either. Special units can be sent on propositions.

Meliadoul and Izlude are swapped, you DO get Izlude and he can use the mighty sword skillset which doesn't miss monsters and unarmed humans in my patch

Oh I misunderstood the thread. I thought it meant to list our own personal changes we would make to the game's plot.

Kagebunji

August 21, 2009, 12:39:30 pm #110 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Kagebunji
Will there be any info on ch2? I read the whole topic and I founded only ch1.

Zozma

August 21, 2009, 05:10:42 pm #111 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Zozma
chapter 2 has this involved as far as battle and story:

Dorter 2: The mercenary hired to fight you at Dorter2 is a special character who has a ring that blocks Holy and Darkness, you cant steal it or break it so you cant rely on agrias or gaffy to take her down.

Araguay Woods: The choice you make here is a drastic one and at the end of the battle you will either have the option to recruit Boco, or you wont if you made the other choice. Still, you never know, it might be worth it to take the other option further down the line. Another character is involved.

Z Falls: Okay, things seem to go normally here, however, there is an extra knight at the top of the falls with a long bow and concentrate. Not too big of a deal right? but Ovelia no longer has innate Defense up and Magic Defense up which means Gaffy will go strait for her most of the time. She is, however, well equipped and matches your party level. The battle is going to be  more realistically set to get her killed so beware.

Zaland Fort City: Saving mustadio happens exactly the same way, the option you choose at the start might have a more drastic use later on.

Bariaus Hill: The leader here is Monica the Valkyrie, you may also notice that the enemies are using the hokuten palette. In this situation she is working for bart as a Mercenary but her true goal was to find Ramza, who she believes survived the Zeakden incident, and get revenge for the death of her lover Vicks. You still have to defeat all the enemies before she will teleport out.  

Lionel: Agrias and Ovelia leave as usual

Zigolois Swamp: Your first encounter where there are 2 different sets of enemies. Other than the normal monsters, you will see a Purple haired squire named Miang, and A brown haired version of Miang simply named Girl. After defeating all the enemies Miang squire will crystalize and girl will teleport onto her crystal and inherit it. (that is, if i can get that scene set up right) anyway perhaps someone whos played Xenogears knows the meaning of that.

Goug: Rescuing mustadio happens the same way.

Warjilis Trade City: This is obviously the most drastic change.
Immediately after talking to Delita at the port, you go into Warjilis.
Ramza will find Rad and Alicia talking about how Lavian should have been there to meet them by now.
Instead of going to bariaus valley, first you run into another hired hand. Ignis the Arch Knight. and she's no fool either, she brought plenty of ninja, archer, and geomancer buddies with her! At the end of the battle, Ignis will run, and Alicia and Rad will leave as well saying they will keep looking for Lavian.

Bariaus Valley: Well obviously Rad and Alicia went the wrong way because Lavian is right HERE. She will act similarly to agrias here but will explain that she thinks both agrias and ovelia have been captured and that they are going to execute ovelia. The first of the four Seers is now recruitable.

Execution Site: hmmm its about the same, you dont get any new information from gaffy here either.

Lionel Gate: Its about the same here too. hmm did you choose to save boco?

Lionel Castle: the fight with the big fat ass is about the same, only ramza asks where both agrias and ovelia are. This is where you find out that only Agrias was captured and that Ovelia had no value to them. It will also mentions that Ovelia would get killed if she tried to go back.

And that pretty much does it for chapter 2

Kagebunji

August 21, 2009, 06:45:02 pm #112 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Kagebunji
Cool, I cannot wait for this patch, good luck with it!

mav

August 21, 2009, 08:34:09 pm #113 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by mav
Fucking awesome. Keep it at, Zozma--this sounds extremely interesting.

Zozma

the story itself is completely on hold for the time being.

all event battles are being worked on to go along with whatever is supposed to be happening storywise.
but the events themselves are completely on hold. in fact i may never get to them for all i know, tho someone with a lot of patience is welcome to work on them. i wont be.

at the very least, the game will have some very very difficult battles all the way up until the end, even with powerful characters on your side by chapter four

jimmyjw88

This is seriously freaking sweet, Sir Zozma. Can't wait for this.
Good luck.
Kindly upload the images to other image hosting sites. I can't view imageshack. Thanks.

SilvasRuin

Hm... I hope you get those editor issues cleared up, as I assume that's what is getting you to hold off on continuing.

Kagebunji

I wondered about Agrias's sprite as princess. You have something in stock?

And I hope this will get finished, one of best projects I saw.

Zozma

i dont have a sprite for her princess thing, unfortunately i don't intend to make one at this point.

Instead there will be a character posing as Ovelia using magic to create the illusion of ovelia.
this person is none other than the assassin Lede, if you recall i had a holy knight sprite made for her.

this all really is a very convenient way of not changing the sprite at all

Kagebunji

Heh, very clever. Well, whatever you do, it will be awesome. If you need help with anything, PM me, I really like this patch, heh.