• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 02:49:05 am

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

Battle Graphics

Started by Pixy, September 30, 2007, 09:05:46 am

Pixy

September 30, 2007, 09:05:46 am Last Edit: August 20, 2008, 09:38:46 pm by Pixy
http://dotchan.com/fft/effects.html

Some time ago, this guy (don't remember his name) decided to rip all the skill and battle effects. It isn't really limited to just that, though. Multiple event effects, such as Lucavi transformations, are there as well. I knew I was interested, and someone else might be, as well.

EDIT: Crap and a half! The guy took them down, and Archive.org doesn't seem to have the images anymore! >=(

I suppose we get the info we needed in the time that has passed, but... dammit, those rips were nice! I wonder how he ripped all of them?
*is FFTRamza*
no, I mean what I said. Perhaps if I said it in Japanese it'd become magically better for you. - philsov

Xifanie

September 30, 2007, 10:10:05 am #1 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Xifanie
Ah, thanks. I thought I'll have to rip all of them one by one one day to guess which effect is which ability.

Since he already listed a lot, I could even find out where abilities are assigned their effect file. And that would mean...  8)
  • Modding version: PSX
Love what you're seeing? https://supportus.ffhacktics.com/ 💜 it's really appreciated

Anything is possible as long as it is within the hardware's limits. (ie. disc space, RAM, Video RAM, processor, etc.)
<R999> My target market is not FFT mod players
<Raijinili> remember that? it was awful

Chrona

September 30, 2007, 10:23:23 am #2 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Chrona
Wow, it also has maps and sprites. Cool =)
Silver Noble

Xifanie

September 30, 2007, 10:34:48 am #3 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Xifanie
Oh yeah, Oh yeah, Oh yeah, oh yeah baby!

Cure with a bolt 3 graphic.

Phil will be able to give an unused effect for it's 5th Mighty sword skill.

Isn't dat gr8?

Man I found it on my first try, that was too easy.  :roll:
Love what you're seeing? https://supportus.ffhacktics.com/ 💜 it's really appreciated

Anything is possible as long as it is within the hardware's limits. (ie. disc space, RAM, Video RAM, processor, etc.)

karsten

September 30, 2007, 12:16:27 pm #4 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by karsten
you're great zodiac! now you just need to program with c++ or visual basic  :o

Xifanie

September 30, 2007, 01:08:47 pm #5 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Xifanie
>_>

<_<

Well in any case I checked the 256 first effects and found 3-4 weird fast attack effects, Altima's teleportation, summon demon/angel. No Dejeon yet. :?

karsten

September 30, 2007, 01:51:50 pm #6 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by karsten
Quote from: "Zodiac">_>

<_<

Well in any case I checked the 256 first effects and found 3-4 weird fast attack effects, Altima's teleportation, summon demon/angel. No Dejeon yet. :?

dejeon?

Xifanie

September 30, 2007, 02:37:57 pm #7 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Xifanie
The spell rofl cast before dying.

I got it, I also got Altima's End of the World which is literally funny to use because it will completely destroy the map. =D
Sadly there doesn't seem to be that much unused effect files and most (if not all) are only little. Nothing Catchy.

When I make my patch, I'm going to give Rafa's stone power for sure. 100% Revive with her Zodiac Stone. XD

However some are buggy to use in battle. Animations like the Zodiac Stone's glow can appear UNDER the terrain's map for no apparent reason.

It was odd too to give a full recharge of electricity to a bomb and see it becoming red of heat. :P

I'll still have to double check like 50 Effects because I'm not sure what they are or just can't tell when I know I have already seen them.

karsten

September 30, 2007, 05:26:28 pm #8 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by karsten
Screens might make the interest soar. take some when you come out with weird changes and such.... this way other people might come and help

Asmo X

September 30, 2007, 07:19:28 pm #9 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Asmo X
Would it be possible to show the unused effects in a youtube vid or something? I've never made one so I dont know how much work that would be. Nevermind if it's a pain in the ass.

Xifanie

September 30, 2007, 07:34:07 pm #10 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Xifanie
Yeah it would be a pain in the ass, especially for me. :roll:

As for the stone glow graphic, I have no idea why but it won't appear unless it is on the same panel as a unit. (I was using a modified Diamond Strike to test)
Effects that weren't normally supposed to be used during battle lack to show damage.

Xifanie

September 30, 2007, 08:41:00 pm #11 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Xifanie
Quote from: "karsten"Screens might make the interest soar. take some when you come out with weird changes and such.... this way other people might come and help

I'm afraid that if anybody else join the project, they will quit after 1 month or so. Do you have any idea of how long I've been working on this project? This project is alive, and only alive because I wanted it to be.

If I could get a coder, that would be perfect but anything else would probably slow me down. And if there were any coder interested in this, he would've shown up. :/

Argg0

October 01, 2007, 01:46:06 am #12 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Argg0
You need a coder? What for?

What language? C++?

Xifanie

October 01, 2007, 07:02:05 am #13 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Xifanie
Who cares? any language would do. Even Java >_>'

karsten

October 01, 2007, 08:31:45 am #14 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by karsten
yes, as long as we get something graphical that manages the hex changes in the file everything is ok

Pixy

October 01, 2007, 11:11:57 am #15 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Pixy
What the hell is animation 464? It's just kinda thrown in between all the demon transformation animations.

Of course you probably already know this, but 451 is the Revive animation used for Malak.

And now, I'm going to keep myself entertained by identifying some of these.

468 - Gemini Stone Flash
469 - Leo Stone Flash
470 - Virgo Stone Flash? Looks like it.
471 - Scorpio Stone Flash
472 - Capricorn Stone Flash
371 - Shake Off, or so it looks like.
372 - Wave Around
373 - Mimic Titan? I've never seen Mimic Titan, so I'm only assuming here.
374 - Gather Power
375 - Blow Fire? Once again, just assuming here.
228 - Melt
204-208 - All of Destroy Sword
195-203 - All of Fear. The red rings are repeated and used for the single panel Fear skills (Seal, Chicken Race, etc.)
174 - Looks like a pallete swapped Holy, made gold. Golden Holy? Does anyone see potential?
342 - Thunder Soul
343 - Aqua Soul
344 - Ice Soul
345 - Wind Soul, assuming again.

What also caught my interest were animations 474-478. All of them show some lightning with some sort of symbol. I don't remember seeing those anywhere. I wonder...
*is FFTRamza*
no, I mean what I said. Perhaps if I said it in Japanese it'd become magically better for you. - philsov

karsten

October 01, 2007, 11:18:44 am #16 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by karsten
those animation seems to be new to me

Argg0

October 01, 2007, 12:56:07 pm #17 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Argg0
Never messed with hex editting, so I'm not sure I'll be able to help...

Maybe you could be more especific?

Xifanie

October 01, 2007, 04:43:42 pm #18 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Xifanie
Pixy, don't waste you time I already listed ALL the effects. There are 4 unused by the game, and a Wing Attack effect which was ignored (intended? not sure) and uses the Dash effect instead.
There is also a black on white bubble talk skill (very similar to other talk skills)
Another one that looks like piercing something and having the blood form a mini shockwave
And the last one is simply a very fast animation with nothing very special... Err I'd say a gun's strike is the most similar thing to it.

Oh, and just you know, I let NOTHING to guessing. Well I don't remember ever seeing those 4 effects ever in the game so I assumed they weren't.

Really there's nothing left to discover except which file the table that links to the effects file is in.

Because I simply tested with a memory editor. :P

Xifanie

October 01, 2007, 04:45:10 pm #19 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Xifanie
Quote from: "Zodiac"Go check Data/Effects if you want to see the list.  :roll:

Are you guys even reading my posts? >_>'