• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 06:22:50 pm

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

WotL Slowdown Removal Patch

Started by endrift, February 22, 2012, 02:21:59 pm

clarkision

Ahaha!! It took me HOURS, but I finally figured it out. I'm using a Mac Book Pro and ran through everything several times, all the troubleshooting...

My issue, the game.txt file. The one that I created on my Mac was NOT working. I downloaded one off the internet, slapped in the ms0:/livepatch/livepatch/livepatch.prx 1 and it RAN.

Amazing piece of work, and if you're having issues, try downloading a game.txt file! 

THANK YOU!!

Master Chef

First, apologies for ignorance.

Second, I am using PPSSPP v0.9.8 on Windows 8.

Third, How do I apply these patches? ISO or PPSSPP?

Angel

The topic predates PPSSPP considerably, so, ISO. Though it may be easier to just look for the bytes to change and edit it with a hex editor, since there are so many English versions of WotL that you are likely to pull out every hair on your head trying to get the ISO to patch properly. Unless you already have a Euro ISO, in which case, use Eternal's ppf.
  • Modding version: PSX
* Angel should quit being a lazy bitch
<@Elric> I agree to that as well

nyanyame nyanyajuu nyanyado no nyarabide nyakunyaku inyanyaku nyanyahan nyanyadai nyannyaku nyarabete nyaganyagame
At the end of the day, are we not all trapped inside lemons?

endrift

There is a thread on the PPSSPP forums requesting support for this, but it hasn't gotten much activity in a while: http://forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?tid=6450

I've been thinking about signing up so I can reply to it, but I don't exactly have much to say on the matter :?
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

Grimseff

Hello, I'm new to the forums; I made an account to specifically ask about the OP's downloads (plus of staying over as a lurker, ahem). Maybe there is something that I missed in the middle pages of the thread, but the downloads are apparently JPEGs now. o.o Needless to say I am very confused.

Angel

If you're using an ISO (which is European in origin), try this.

nyanyame nyanyajuu nyanyado no nyarabide nyakunyaku inyanyaku nyanyahan nyanyadai nyannyaku nyarabete nyaganyagame

Larkas

May 21, 2014, 05:05:11 pm #206 Last Edit: May 21, 2014, 05:23:00 pm by Larkas
Quote from: Toshiko on May 15, 2014, 08:54:44 pm
The topic predates PPSSPP considerably, so, ISO. Though it may be easier to just look for the bytes to change and edit it with a hex editor, since there are so many English versions of WotL that you are likely to pull out every hair on your head trying to get the ISO to patch properly. Unless you already have a Euro ISO, in which case, use Eternal's ppf.

Nexus made a ppf for the US version too. Just tested it, works fine.

Angel

There are multiple US versions, though, so it may not work for everyone. Glad it's working for you, though.

Larkas

I must've been lucky, then :D Weird, I'm sure this .iso of mine was dumped from my own UMD, and still it worked fine! Well, I'm not complaining!

rodolfoakira

Hello, guys!
I was keeping an eye on this whole conversation about slowdown, patchs, game.txt and ppf files.
I'm a great fan from FFT oldschool and like everyone here was disappointed to see how things went slowed down in the official PSP version.
Here is the situation: I'm playing already the laggish version (apparently the NTSC version) and tried to patch first with the plugin and then with ppf o matic.
Yesterday I downloaded a PAL version of the game and it worked just fine & fast (but obviously I couldn't use the saves that I had).
As I saw that many people solved their problems here, I'd just ask straight: Is there a way to try something to make my game faster? I'm no PSP expert, but I know PAL and NTSC are so different that I shouldn't try converting or whatever.
Oh, and I'm using the iso file on the PSP, which is a Go 3000, with CFW pro update, if I rememeber correctly.
Rodz

Angel

As in, make the game itself run in turbo mode or so? Or just get the slowdown fix working for your NTSC copy? Not at all likely to the former, yes to the latter. There are a few patches in this thread for the NTSC versions, just have to try them until one works.

If it is turbo that you're looking for, it probably isn't going to happen outside of an emulator. I'd imagine it would be possible, but likely not simple.

endrift

I actually had a version for a while that was accidentally running at turbo speeds. I could try and find it again or remake it.

meangelman

I downloaded the livepatch, the patches, and tried to install it properly.  I loaded up the game, but I still saw the slowdown with using potions.  I went back to the seplugins/game.txt file to see I did wrong.

I had this
mso:/livepatch/livepatch.prf 1

Haha.  I ended up fixing those errors.
ms0:/livepatch/livepatch.prx 1

I loaded up the game.  I had a save with 5 ninjas and the final boss.  Just wow.  WOW.  The game is that much better for me.  Thank you so much Archaemic for doing this.

cqcsnake

*Tears of joy* Thank you so much for this.

AdventSign

I need help installing these patches patches onto my PS Vita. Is there anyway someone  could tell me how?

endrift

Hmm, I've never tried to install seplugins on a Vita, but you need to have an eCFW at the very least. I think files are usually put into the ePSP using an FTP client? wololo.net is a good place to look this stuff up.

IthacaFarms

Hello everyone =) So I just got FFT:WotL and have been trying to speed up the animations for the longest time. I really tried my best trying to figure out how to make the patch work using the video posted online (tried about 6 or 7 times) and still nothing.

I used the video on youtube called "PSP CFW FFT:WOTL Slowdown removal patch" by "xiongh2001". At 34 seconds in the video he downloads the wotl-patches zip and LivePatch 0.1.2.zip, I think the names have changed a bit now (being a few years later) but I also download the wotl-patches zip but the livepatch is a little different and says LivePatch 0.1.3.zip. I download that one.

When I attempt to extract the file from the wotl-patches zip I recieve a message saying that it cannot e incrypted but I continue on by hitting okay. The livepatch folder extracts normally.

At 1:04 when the youtuber opens the wotl-patches folder he only has a folder that says fftpsp and a note that says README, I have both and an additional folder that says fftpsp-jp. Not sure if thats bad.

Now heres the part where I really dont understand- Inside the youtubers livepatch folder at 1:28 into the video he has 6 things. 2 folders; src and the fftpsp he just copied in there (which i also have in mine) 3 weird text things called CHANGES.txt LICENSE.txt and README.txt ( I have these three things but they do not have the .txt at the end. Is that bad?) then the really odd part is that while the youtube has a weird blank white icon that reads livepatch.prx I have a 3rd folder which reads "livepatch" and inside it is a prx file called livepatch. Shouldn't that be outside with the other 5 things like the youtuber has?

From thwn on I am able to follow the video pretty well but when he gets to the seplugins folder part a get a little lost again because I had to create my own seplugins folder and I wasn't exactly sure what to write on the texts games,game150,pops, and vsh.

I know I just wrote a ton but if you guys could try and walk through it with me I would SOOO appreciate it! And I'm not the greatest with computers so if you could use some easier vernacular that would be great! THANK YOU!

RoninDRE

Hey buddy,
    Saw your post and since no one has replied, I thought I'd try and help you out. I just did this today after about 3 hours of troubleshooting.

Things to watch out for after watching that tutorial vid:

1)The game file should read "game"- not "game txt". It should be a txt file, i.e. notepad program file.

2)Make sure that livepatch folder is not in another livepatch folder. (Watch the vid closely: It should be livepatch folder, next to "PSP" etc. folders,  then in the "livepatch" folder should be the livepatch.prx  file)

3) If you're using the Japanese patch, make sure to delete the "-jp"  in the file name. (This happened to me...)

Hope this helps.

Also I want to express my deep gratitude for making this patch!
Wonderful! It was unplayable before! Thank you!

shinji257

I tested this on a Playstation Vita using both TN-V and ARK (3.55 firmware).

TN-V:
Install like you would on a normal PSP using VitaFTP to upload the files as appropriate.

ARK:
Same as TN-V however you instead use PLUGINS.TXT inside the ARK_12345 savefile.
Line should be as follows (since format is different from normal)
umdemu,ms0:/livepatch/livepatch.prx,1

I tested livepatch using the obvious effects of the unstretch live patch against an unmodified Final Fantasy Tactics: WOTL CSO.

blake08812

Quote from: shinji257 on November 24, 2015, 04:05:48 pm
I tested this on a Playstation Vita using both TN-V and ARK (3.55 firmware).

TN-V:
Install like you would on a normal PSP using VitaFTP to upload the files as appropriate.

ARK:
Same as TN-V however you instead use PLUGINS.TXT inside the ARK_12345 savefile.
Line should be as follows (since format is different from normal)
umdemu,ms0:/livepatch/livepatch.prx,1

I tested livepatch using the obvious effects of the unstretch live patch against an unmodified Final Fantasy Tactics: WOTL CSO.

I can confirm this works, but I have to run it through tn-v instead of the home menu otherwise it won't apply.