• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

May 19, 2024, 07:12:27 pm

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

FFTA2 Videos: Poll

Started by Archael, November 01, 2010, 06:47:05 pm

Archael

November 01, 2010, 06:47:05 pm Last Edit: November 01, 2010, 06:49:04 pm by Archael
Since we don't have a FFTA forum, I guess I'll put this here
I wanted to make some FFTA2 videos for the FFH channel, please vote: filter or no filter:

No filter:

Filter:

vote

DarkxFatal

• Modding version: PSX
  • Discord username: Tristan#9682

Pride

Check out my ASM thread. Who doesn't like hax?

Kaijyuu

I dislike anti-alias "softening" so I'm gonna go against everyone else and say no filter.

Archael

To be clear: the question is which one you think looks better, not if you are a fan of AA or not, thats not an AA filter to begin with

Dome

"Be wise today so you don't cry tomorrow"

Xifanie

Personally I think it's better without the filter. What I can see is that it affects portraits (by smoothening but also really fucks up the curves) and only a few sprites; not all of them.
Whoever I have to point out that the filter does an awesome job with text.

I just hate the mix of sharp pixels and a few smoothed edges...
Love what you're seeing? https://supportus.ffhacktics.com/ 💜 it's really appreciated

Anything is possible as long as it is within the hardware's limits. (ie. disc space, RAM, Video RAM, processor, etc.)
<R999> My target market is not FFT mod players
<Raijinili> remember that? it was awful

ffta707

I like it without since with hides the real artwork of the game.

Vanya

• Modding version: Other/Unknown
¯\(°_0)/¯

Archael

Do you guys think FFH youtube channel is appropriate for FFTA2 videos?

I'm afraid ppl that are watching the tourney will get pissed to suddenly see a FFTA2 vid

Dome

Quote from: "Voldemort"Do you guys think FFH youtube channel is appropriate for FFTA2 videos?

I'm afraid ppl that are watching the tourney will get pissed to suddenly see a FFTA2 vid
FFT, FFTA, FFTA2 are all fine IMHO (FFH should truly start to hack them as well, not just FFT and FFT: The crap of the lions)
More videos = More views and fan
And remember the golden rule that almost everyone seems to forget...if you don't like a video, you can just skip it

"Be wise today so you don't cry tomorrow"

philsov

Quote from: "Voldemort"Do you guys think FFH youtube channel is appropriate for FFTA2 videos?

No, it's about as (ir)relevant as a playthrough of super ghosts and goblins on the FFH channel.  

It's not a game this site supports, and there's no hacking modding of your playthough in the first place (I don't think)
Just another rebel plotting rebellion.

ffta707

Your welcome to post them to my sites youtube channel if you want. We could link mine to here, for FFH so you guys can post ffta videos on it.

Kill_Bones

No, only because FFH doesn't hack FFTA. If we do eventually start hacking that then of course, as Philsov said it would then be relevant. Personally I'd wait until after the tournament though either way.

Full credit to Mayhem over at RPGuild for my sig

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power."  

-Abraham Lincoln

Quote from: Dome on February 19, 2011, 04:36:46 am
Sorry Eternal, I don't have balls....

ffta707

Quote from: "Kill_Bones"No, only because FFH doesn't hack FFTA. If we do eventually start hacking that then of course, as Philsov said it would then be relevant. Personally I'd wait until after the tournament though either way.

Even if it is irrelevant, I don't see how it would hurt FFhacktics. Although most people know about FFH, there is nothing stating it can't have FFTA. The "Final Fantasy" in FFH, and the "Tactics" is what differentiates ffta from COD or any other games. It is a Final Fantasy Tactics game, and clearly based off of it (Well, marche at least). Some guy (or many people) could see FFH, and view/ join this site since they saw the ffta video. Who says FFH can't expand their assortment. Although, I'll also take into consideration the fact that most of you guys revile the game itself. :)

Kill_Bones

Yes, but these new member's would be here about FFTA, and we really have nothing to do with it at this moment. But if your hacking community comes here and we make a FFTA section, I see no problem. I'm not against FFTA hacking being here, just against having a video of something we don't do anything with. Actually I kind of hope Zodiac gives you the OK to bring your guys here, maybe they will become interested in FFT as well. So again, my point was that having a video of FFTA on a channel devoted to this site would mislead people into believing we had anything to do with that, while we currently don't.

Full credit to Mayhem over at RPGuild for my sig

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power."  

-Abraham Lincoln

Quote from: Dome on February 19, 2011, 04:36:46 am
Sorry Eternal, I don't have balls....

ffta707

Quote from: "Kill_Bones"Yes, but these new member's would be here about FFTA, and we really have nothing to do with it at this moment. But if your hacking community comes here and we make a FFTA section, I see no problem. I'm not against FFTA hacking being here, just against having a video of something we don't do anything with. Actually I kind of hope Zodiac gives you the OK to bring your guys here, maybe they will become interested in FFT as well. So again, my point was that having a video of FFTA on a channel devoted to this site would mislead people into believing we had anything to do with that, while we currently don't.

I'm sure they can all make time for FFT, since it is a better game.

Archael

November 03, 2010, 07:04:07 pm #18 Last Edit: November 03, 2010, 07:46:27 pm by Archael
If people really don't want to watch a FFTA2 playthrough, I won't upload anything.

QuoteYour welcome to post them to my sites youtube channel if you want.

I got my own channel, don't worry, I just created the FFH channel so that this site had a dedicated place to post it's vids

Quoteit's about as (ir)relevant as a playthrough of super ghosts and goblins on the FFH channel.

IMO there is a huge difference between something like FFTA/2 and super ghosts and goblins

(hint: one is a spin-off of FFT with identical gameplay and concepts behind it and the other is not)

ffta707

Quoteit's about as (ir)relevant as a playthrough of super ghosts and goblins on the FFH channel.

QuoteIMO there is a huge difference between something like FFTA/2 and super ghosts and goblins

(hint: one is a spin-off of FFT with identical gameplay and concepts behind it and the other is not)

That's exactly it. They are the "same" game, made by the same company (Square enix/ square soft).