• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

May 10, 2024, 02:42:35 am

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

Chapel of St Murond Temple

Started by Snap006, June 05, 2012, 11:59:08 pm

Snap006

I'm trying to get Zalbag to join my party after the battle. On FFTPatcher I check the join after battle check box but he doesn't join at the end of the battle. What am I doing wrong? Thanks.

Eternal

Going to start with a silly question or two.

1) Did you make sure to patch the ISO?
2) Are you loading from a savestate?
  • Modding version: PSX & WotL
"You, no less human than we? Ha! Now there's a beastly thought. You've been less than we from the moment your baseborn father fell upon your mother in whatever gutter saw you sired! You've been chattel since you came into the world drenched in common blood!"
  • Discord username: eternal248#1817

3lric

June 06, 2012, 12:19:19 am #2 Last Edit: June 06, 2012, 12:36:29 am by Elric
At the very least you need to make sure you are loading from a savegame. Save state will not work for this.

If this doesn't solve it can you make a screenshot of your ENTD in Murond Temple?
Despite the fact that the ENTD names were fixed, some that were previously correct in FFTP are now not depending on what version you are using. (and vice versa between the versions)
The only sure-fire way to find the correct ENTD is to find which event the ENTD is linked to in the Attack.out GUI
  • Modding version: PSX

Eternal

• Modding version: PSX & WotL
"You, no less human than we? Ha! Now there's a beastly thought. You've been less than we from the moment your baseborn father fell upon your mother in whatever gutter saw you sired! You've been chattel since you came into the world drenched in common blood!"
  • Discord username: eternal248#1817

Glain

Interesting. Going through the Attack.out Editor is exactly what I did when I changed the ENTD names for later versions of FFTP.

Are some of them messed up in the current version? Which ones?
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

Snap006

June 06, 2012, 12:34:20 pm #5 Last Edit: June 06, 2012, 07:53:19 pm by Snap006
Yes I did patch the ISO and I am not loading from a savestate.

I'm think it is because when Zalbag is defeated he disappears off the screen. He might not be there anymore to join my party. Like an invite turning into a crystal before the end of the battle.

I did have join after event checked off. I accidentally took it off in my screen shot.