• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

May 18, 2024, 09:01:55 pm

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

Sprite editor help !!!

Started by Tony75, March 03, 2012, 09:20:37 pm

Tony75

Ok which edition of the shishi sprite editor do you use to do battle set up because mine won't open the iso my game is an img file I can' t do step 4 of the tutorial .
  • Modding version: WotL

3lric

Did you expand the iso with Shishi before applying any patches?

Are you using Shishi .478 from the pack on the main page?

I use .img no problem. But if you didnt restructure your iso before applying a patch this can cause an issue.

What exactly is the error? can you post a screencap?

EDIT: Also.. just out of curiousity.. you did close CDMage before trying to open the .img in Shishi right??
Your .img needs to not already be in use when you try to open it in Shishi or FFTP
  • Modding version: PSX

Tony75

when I go to open the game the little game file is not in the window of things to open . I have a copy of the game not tampered with yet should I start over and use that ?

Tony75

Tony75

How do I expand with shishi it has so little options

3lric

All you do is open Shishi and then load the iso/bin/img and it will ask if you want to restructure. That's what i mean by expanding

and next time maybe just edit your lat post so you don't have like 3 in a few :P

Make sure you are using the Shishi from this pack:

http://ffhacktics.com/downloads.php?id=1

Tony75

ok the file that downloaded from that link is just a file I can't extract I don't know if its dead but the highest patcher I can get in a zipped file is the .0352 . is there another link ?

3lric

it's a 7z file. You need either 7z or Winrar to unzip it :P

I just downloaded it and it works fine

Tony75

oh so my rar frog won't work . I got it to work extract is there any onther program i need to do this also is there a way to change Miluda's sprite with out changing the female knights by some how assigning the character another sprite ?

3lric

Miluda uses a generic sprite with a EVTFACE, so there is no way to change her specifically, but you can put her over a different sprite if you choose to do so :P

Tony75

March 03, 2012, 10:05:55 pm #10 Last Edit: March 03, 2012, 10:18:46 pm by Tony75
Example could be change the pig sprite to Miluda on the site then make the game us the pig now Miluda sprite as her  in her battles is that about right and how hard is it to do ? I noticed in shishi there is a Lede sprite that says unused could I use that one ?

3lric

to do that you would need to change the Uribo sprite to Type 1 on SHP and SEQ then replace it with her sprite. (you would also need to make sure she has 3 palettes)

Then you would also need to edit all three palette versions of her in EVGRP since monsters have all 3, then finally you would need to go to the ENTD section of FFTP

and change all instances of Uribo to Miluda and make her human instead of monster.

That is, if I'm reading your question correctly :P

3lric

Yea you take a screeshot with print screen and also export the sprite, reason being is you will paste the screenshot in somehting like Graphics Gale, and you will cut and paste the sprite standing frame and the portrait from here.

As for the one you exported, you will use that to copy the palette to the image you exported from EVGRP  :mrgreen:

Tony75

3lric

Not a problem man, I had many many questions at first as well, so never hesitate to ask  :mrgreen: