• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 12:23:04 pm

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

Throwing Bomb animations

Started by Jon, October 10, 2010, 04:09:34 pm

Jon

Well, what I would like to achieve is something like this: When a unit throws a bomb, first I want it to do other magic animations besides Fire, Blizzard and Thunder. Second, I want it to have an AoE of 1 or 2. Anyone got ideas on how this can be done? Thanks!
There ain't no gettin' offa this train we on!

ffta707

Couldn't you just copy the data of a bomb and change the effect and elemental? That would be what I would do.

Zozma

Have you ever had any luck actually changing the effect that throw bomb does? because I haven't. It seems hard coded to use the specific effect files otherwise id create a grenade lol
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
Wiegraf: Draw your sword Ramza!
Ramza: But im a monk!!

ffta707

Ha ha, or a Molotov Cocktail ;P

Kill_Bones

Hmm, this is just a thought, but if you were to take throw stone and change the AoE and animation (to make it 'explosive'), would that work like you want?

Full credit to Mayhem over at RPGuild for my sig

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power."  

-Abraham Lincoln

Quote from: Dome on February 19, 2011, 04:36:46 am
Sorry Eternal, I don't have balls....

ffta707

I think I tried editing throw stone a while back, and I'm almost positive that crashed too. But maybe adding a throw stone animation to an editable ability... That's a thought.

Jon

I think as well the effect is hard coded, but I might get it at least to have an AoE if I play around with it. I think it will crash though, I could always just name spell effects like Poison into something like Poison Gas and make the CT 0. That is probably the best for now.
There ain't no gettin' offa this train we on!

ffta707

Damn coding sucks. We have ideas for great abilities, but hard coding ruins it.

Kill_Bones

True that. I can sit here and name at least 20 abilities I've thought of. How many would work with the coding? Maybe 3.

Full credit to Mayhem over at RPGuild for my sig

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power."  

-Abraham Lincoln

Quote from: Dome on February 19, 2011, 04:36:46 am
Sorry Eternal, I don't have balls....

ffta707