• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

May 17, 2024, 09:35:52 am

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

Where to find version 478 of FFTactext?

Started by Amici, September 25, 2010, 12:23:02 pm

Amici

Everyone who's in the know seems to have this, and yet I cannot find it in the forums. It's almost mythical how everyone seems to tell people to use this version when normal people like us cannot find it...

I found a version made by formerdeathcorps here: http://www.ffhacktics.com/forum/viewtop ... =23&t=5025
However, I cannot get to to work, as I am experiencing the same error as Ion did in that same thread. Unfortunately, FDC forgot to answer his query regarding an even more mythical .NET framework 4.5.

Can anyone help? I have a lot of ideas that I would like to put in my own mod of FFT, but unfortunately it has been a frustrating experience so far as I am mired in technicalities. ACtually, what's more frustrating is that some people actually have the solution to the problem but are either hiding it, or not explaining too well...

I'd highly appreciate any help. Thanks!
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

Jon

Huh? Whats wrong with the downloads on here?? http://ffhacktics.com/downloads.php
Can't you just use these programs to do whatever you want? And read my tutorial! (joking) Read it if you want new custom characters. viewtopic.php?f=23&t=5868
There ain't no gettin' offa this train we on!

Amici

Unfortunately, what I want to do involves version 478 of Tactext, NOT 458. I need that version to edit text on the FFT Complete patch. Unfortunately for me, it cannot be found anywhere in this forum, or if I do find one it doesn't work. What's frustrating is some people are able to do what I want to do, and I haven't been able to find out how. This is my only 'chance', to find that 478 version of Tactext.

Frustration example number 1, like here: http://www.ffhacktics.com/forum/viewtop ... =26&t=5882
Cheetah specifically says to make sure to use version 478 of Tactext. And yet, that version ISN'T available anywhere. At least from the massive amounts of digging I've done in this forum...where is it???

Jon

You might actually not want 478, if I read correctly it uses the old Shishi and Patcher, which are harder to use than the current ones. What do you actually want to do Amici? People on here are quite good at finding ways around doing things, especially if you can't do them with whats available. Who knows, maybe you want something that already exists? If its a secret patch or something, then (no offense) I doubt you will get any help from anyone, unless you PM someone specifically or get on chat.

Xifanie

• Modding version: PSX
Love what you're seeing? https://supportus.ffhacktics.com/ 💜 it's really appreciated

Anything is possible as long as it is within the hardware's limits. (ie. disc space, RAM, Video RAM, processor, etc.)
<R999> My target market is not FFT mod players
<Raijinili> remember that? it was awful

Amici

Holy crap, wow, thanks Zodiac! This means a lot! At least even if I fail editing, at least I know it won't be because I don't have the necessary tools :mrgreen:

EDIT: @Jon: What I want to do is edit text on a FFT Complete Easy Type patched ISO, which I heard can only be done on 478. I guess I'll soon find out if that's true :). Thanks!

Jon

I see, sorry, didn't want to sound harsh or anything. Good luck!

Amici

Hey no worries dude, you were just trying to help, and I have to apologize a bit too for sounding a bit demanding. It was a frustrating experience, really. But...now my personal FFT hack is working! :D Thanks to everyone!

I have one final question though, and this has nothing to do with the thread: I made a last minute edit to WLDFACE.BIN and UNIT.BIN, and upon opening it in CDmage it mention an error: Data track has errors in the file system, its content may be displayed incorrectly. Continue parsing?

I chose yes, and went on my usual export-edit-import routine. I ran the game, and it seems to work fine. I'd like to know if this error has any repercussions? It doesn't appear on an unedited ISO file, so I'm guessing having applied the FFT Complete patch the file structure was changed, thus the error. So should I worry about it?

Xifanie

That is caused by some versions of shishi without using the extend ISO and spritesheet reassignment ppf hacks previously IIRC.
But AFAIK it has no real issue other than annoying you every time you open the ISO.
  • Modding version: PSX
Love what you're seeing? https://supportus.ffhacktics.com/ 💜 it's really appreciated

Anything is possible as long as it is within the hardware's limits. (ie. disc space, RAM, Video RAM, processor, etc.)
<R999> My target market is not FFT mod players
<Raijinili> remember that? it was awful

Jon

Happens every time to me, never affected my game up until now. Zodiac is right, just annoying.

RandMuadDib

It seems to prevent most of the folders from being viewed, particularly the useful ones like "EVENT"
The only folders i get to see after this error are the BATTLE and DUMMY folders

BTW super thank you Zodiac for posting 478! you're my hero.

EDIT: Ahh nevermind i was using an old version of CDMage. Got the one on the download page and works fine now, even with the error.
I will show you the power of SARDIIIIINES!!!!

Amici

Ayt, good to hear! Thanks for everything you guys :D