• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 06:27:15 pm

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

FFT: New Class Edition

Started by DeadManWalking, April 08, 2010, 03:55:55 pm

Concerning Draw Out becoming a new Item skillset...

Turn the old Item skillset items into junk that's only use is to be sold
3 (50%)
Reintroduce the Chemist and make the Adventurer an advanced class (thus forcing me to get rid of a class, please post which one you'd like to see go)
3 (50%)

Total Members Voted: 5

Voting closed: May 26, 2010, 01:57:05 am

formerdeathcorps

Unless you want variable healing (like phoenix) downs, you can't do that.  The potion formulas are NS.
The destruction of the will is the rape of the mind.
The dogmas of every era are nothing but the fantasies of those in power; their dreams are our waking nightmares.

The Damned

From my testing with the OtSoD before it went on indefinite hiatus, even using the Phoenix Down formula isn't a great solution. Sure, the status will pretty be added a 100% of the time, but the HP gained is hardly variable and pitiful.

When I was experimenting with the Gambler in that particular patch, the heal gained back would lock into 1 or 2 HP for the entirety of the battle. So...yeah. It might do better using the actual Items than trying to use the Item formulas on abilities, but I kind of doubt it.

Chemist is always a pain in the ass to try to redo without breaking either in terms of power or in terms of usability (for the player).
"Sorrow cannot be abolished. It is meaningless to try." - FFX's Yunalesca

"Good and evil are relative, but being a dick cannot be allowed." - Oglaf's Thaumaturge in "The Abyss"

"Well, see, the real magic isn't believing in yourself. The real magic is manipulating people by telling them to believe in themselves. The more you believe, the less you check facts."  - Oglaf's Vanka in "Conviction"

DeadManWalking

I am making these out of actual items, I'll do some testing and see what happens, and yeah, variable healing is fine.  It's more to offset the charging that white magic takes that healing with potions mostly comes from the heal over time regen.

DeadManWalking

I tested it... it really didn't seem weak at all, Damned.  In fact, I might wind up having to tone down X-Potions.  (Hi-Potions give up to 100 HP, X-Potions up to 200)

DeadManWalking

I decided to revamp the Thief as well.

Mug Gil -> Attack with a 25% chance of Gil Taking
Mug Weapon -> Attack with a 25% chance of Steal Weapon
Mug Shield -> Attack with a 25% chance of Steal Shield
Mug Accessory -> Attack with a 25% chance of Steal Accessory
Distract -> CT 00 for 1 Unit
Blackjack -> % chance of Sleep
Silent Killer -> Death on Sleeping Units

DeadManWalking

Also, I found out I could make a couple of reaction abilities out of old ones.

Counter Tackle -> Analyze (Power Break, will be on Marshal)

Counter Flood -> Counter Hex (Various things)

Timbo

Quote from: "DeadManWalking"I decided to revamp the Thief as well.

Mug Gil -> Attack with a 25% chance of Gil Taking
Mug Weapon -> Attack with a 25% chance of Steal Weapon
Mug Shield -> Attack with a 25% chance of Steal Shield
Mug Accessory -> Attack with a 25% chance of Steal Accessory
Distract -> CT 00 for 1 Unit
Blackjack -> % chance of Sleep
Silent Killer -> Death on Sleeping Units

You should increase the hit rates of steal weapon/shield/accessory to compensate for the 25% chance to cast them.  Make the spells  3 or 4 times more accurate or something.
  • Modding version: PSX
  • Discord username: Timbo

DeadManWalking

DeadManWalking

Since my computers back up the project is back in action.

DeadManWalking

I'm mainly working on the sprites for the classes at the moment, but I've got the starter classes and the heavy fighter path all set up.

Timbo

I've got to say, silent killer and blackjack are a delightfully murderous combination.  You should call it Rest in Peace or Eternal Slumber.  I'm particularily fond of Eternal Slumber, you should consider using one of the blood suck effects for an extra brutal finish.

DeadManWalking

I could go the route Fallout 3 took and call it Mr. Sandman.

DeadManWalking

Here's some ideas I had for the Mystic Knight.

Purify - Cancels all status effects, self only.

Elemental Blade - Damages enemies via a random elemental spell (Earth, Wind, or Water) to one target

Hex Blade - Can either damage SPD, damage PA, or damage MA to one target

Dusk Blade - Can either drain MP, drain HP, or deal hefty Dark elemental damage to one target

Holy Aura - Gives Haste, Protect, Shell, Reraise, Regen (Seperate) to all nearby units

Dark Aura - Gives Slow, Blind, Berserk, Death Sentence, Oil, Poison (Seperate) to all nearby units.

Aura Absorb - Cancels all positive status effects provided by Holy Aura, but powerfully heals a single target.

Aura Burst - Cancels all negative status effects provided by Dark Aura, but heavily damages a single target

Timbo

I really like these skills.  I'd actually love to see this skillset on Orlandu or Beowulf.

How would you make Elemental Blade, Hex Blade, and Dusk Blade formula wise?

DeadManWalking

Well, after asking around, I believe it's possible if I break up the Blaze/Blast/Glacier gun spells (Moving Fire/Bolt/Ice 1/2/3 out of the way) and making new abilities in their place

SilvasRuin

For Aura Burst... do you plan on making it where it must cancel ALL of those effects to work?  I don't see how you would keep it from being spammable on anyone otherwise...  Same with Aura Absorb actually.  I mean, I get the idea behind them, but I don't see how you would prevent them from being abused like hell.

DeadManWalking

It's not really possible to force a check for all of the statuses (Having only one would work), but it's balance-able by it giving an MP cost and possibly a charge time as well.  If there was an ASM hack that made Wall a blank status I'd use that, (Although, now that I think about it, I could potentially make a couple of statuses work like that, although it would probably look odd.  Float for Holy, possibly Oil or Dark/Evil Looking)

Timbo

Quote from: "DeadManWalking"Well, after asking around, I believe it's possible if I break up the Blaze/Blast/Glacier gun spells (Moving Fire/Bolt/Ice 1/2/3 out of the way) and making new abilities in their place

Care to elaborate?  I'm pretty curious about this?  I was trying to make those items into skills for mustadio and I failed miserably.

DeadManWalking

Well, I've still got to test them out, but like I said, I'm going to move Fire/Ice/Bolt 1/2/3 and put new skills in there.

Timbo

Oh, I get it.  If you move those spells then those weapon formulas will reference different skills.  I don't know why that didn't click for me earlier.