• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 28, 2024, 01:39:22 am

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

FFT:FFTA///NEW EVENT WITH VIDEO LINK!!!

Started by ffta707, November 15, 2009, 08:31:13 pm

Should we get our own forum?

Yes, you should
2 (20%)
You, are getting there
1 (10%)
Needs more Events/ updates
7 (70%)

Total Members Voted: 8

Voting closed: December 08, 2009, 04:12:45 pm

ffta707

November 15, 2009, 08:31:13 pm Last Edit: December 08, 2009, 06:26:20 pm by ffta707
WE NOW HAVE A NEW EVENT!! LINK AT BOTTEM OF THE PAGE:) ALSO, WE HAVE A FEW BIGGER ONES ALMOST DONE!!!
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

This is a new patch me and Jumza have been working on for a couple weeks now. This will be a complete translation of jobs from Tactics advance to Tactics. This patch will include secret charicters and sidequest, that will not be showed yet due to spoilers.

As of now, we have fencer and fighter testing. Fencer around 70% complete, text edits about 50% also. Fencer testing was seccessful (you can veiw it with the link at the bottem. Feather blow's animation was glitchy, and will have to be changed.

Fighter is only about 50% complete, due to the abilities having a little bit of trouble. It was also tested, but only about three abilities because some the range had to be fixed, or some other slight problems. The testing though was seccesful for what we tested.

We have so far...

white monk
Fencer
Fighter
Archer

UPDATE FOR JOBS SECTION

Ramza's job plans:

Me and Jumza have been debating this for a while now also. It wont be signifigantly overpowered, and will probebly include some of the origional abilities of his job. He will not be a squire for sure/ most likely just called a knight, since there is no Knight, it will be Ramza specific.

{Suggestions}

By the way, Me and Jumza are always open for suggestions to make this patch work/ and flow better. Although you may not see your idea in the patch, it will be taken under large consideration... since you are the players of our patch.

We are planning on having jobs such as... MAJOR SPOILER WARNING

Palidan
Alchemist
Illusionist
Hunter
Sniper
Gunner (Secret charicter)
Runeseeker (Secret charicter: Not babus)
Soldier (secret charicter)
Fencer*
Fighter*
Mime (Unfortunatly)
Ninja (FFTA version)
Gadjateer
Juggler
Elementalist
Assasin (FFTA version)
Archer (FFTA version)
Defender
Dragoon(FFTA version)
Bishop
Templer
Judge*
Judgemaster*

OVERKILL:
Some people will mention overkill. We are going to solve this problem, since FFTA abilities to FFT, would most likely be "overkill." Our ENTD section will be overloaded with edits, so that it will be a very hard patch to play, giving you a challenge.

Some of you are asking about the amount of jobs/ what are we going to do with the specific Boy/ Girl jobs. Well me and Jumza are smart guys, we got this all figured out... But i'd rather not spoil everything:)

These may not be final though, but for now just to get the idea accross. This will include some minor storyline edits, and will intertwine with the FFTA story in a way, but we cannot release that.

Bosses:
There will even be new boss battles, including some of your favorites from FFTA.

Anyways, thats all for now.

EDIT:
Archer now has 4 action abilities completed not tested
(November 15)

EDIT:
The gender restrictives will be worked in (We like to keep some secrets)

Also, Geomancer is fixed, but I don't really want to give away some things. Me and Jumza made a couple things "Secret"

The ffta jobs that may not be included will probely be White mage, Black mage, Time mage. This is due to the fact that, you all know what they can do, so why reinvent the wheel, to make the patch more boring.

Me and Jumza are working to night, hopefully on the rest of archer, and starting mabe, illusionist - which has a lot of skills.

Archer is now 60% complete. Testing video will be on today for sure. They will probebly be the only "archer" class, and be a very useful class.

We finished some archer abilities, but some are weak and boring, and definatly need some more exciting features. Make sure to read the discription on the video on youtube (The link at bottem, which will give most of the videos ideas) It also shows the finished fighters action abilities. Me and Jumza are going to rework the Archer more then likely tonight. So be ready for the next update:)

We will also have new secret events.. if i already havn't said that before. These events are going to be incredible. One is almost comeplete, but we will not release for a while. We have much scripture planned out, so that even if you are not a FFTA person, or even have never played it... you will definatly want to. This may sound like a bunch of bull crap. But the proof is on its way:)

Included ASM hacks

Most certainly JP sccroll glitch fix - since most jobs have a scroll down in our patch.

Probebly improved formulas (we'll include those later)

I just want to inform there will be some ASM hacks included to make gameplay more phesable.
==============================================================================================

{By the way, I'm adding update dates at the bottem to make them easier to see, and to show you that we are making progress, and imform you our every step.}
(November 16)

Trailer done... not great but gets the idea across:)
(November 17)

We have a few new events done. We will post them sooner or later, whenever jumza sees fit. We also have a new title screen done. The link is posted below:) The title screen is the ffta cover, with me and jumza's names. The title Final Fantasy Tactics:FFTA 1.0. it also says a ffhacktics production. The link is not here yet. We are thinking about posting the link after some more work is done, so we can stop posting so many links:) It should be up in no time.
(November eight-teen)

$$$$$$$UPDATE$$$$$$$$

Archer is done, a testing video will be up at the bottem in a day or so. We are finishing up white monk, which is basicly regular monk, except Exorcise, so there will not be a test video for that. Tonight we will be starting hunter. We are not making sniper, because we have fencer, and they are similar. (We can only have 1 or 2 archer classes) Hunter will be late in the job charts, since it will be a good job. For now, here is our progress plan:

[/b]
Those are most of the generic jobs included in this patch, not all the special classes though. Most likely the jobs that where not used will be some sort of secret charicter, or main storyline charicter.
Thank you,
Jumza/ ffta707

Link For new EVENT video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WPfyJJsdpow

Link for Video [Fighter/ Fencer]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n6VfzlF6ySs

Link for Video [Fighter/ Archer]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WnqPae12Lo4

Link for Trailer!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8maEQVoA5cY

SilvasRuin

November 15, 2009, 09:35:45 pm #1 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by SilvasRuin
I count 18 generic jobs listed.  Unless my memory is off, there are 20 jobs in FFT.  Two of those are gender restrictive.  Three of those are extremely glitchy when altered.  Mime is fine as you are including that.  

I don't think there are enough jobs available to mess with.  What are each of those jobs going to be replacing?

PX_Timefordeath

November 15, 2009, 09:57:22 pm #2 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by PX_Timefordeath
There are really 18 editable job. We leave out mime, and count dancer/bard as one. Of course, you can just make assassin the dancer, some other job as bard, and blow the shit out of squire to get everyone else a real skillset.

Sephirot24

November 15, 2009, 11:01:51 pm #3 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Sephirot24
Sounds like a great project guys. You'll have to replace those abilities with triangle AOE and stuff though.
Keep it up, sounds like it'll take some time, but it'll be worth it! :)

Jumza

November 16, 2009, 09:26:04 am #4 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Jumza
There are a few glitched jobs but we have a way to work around the geo problem and use it for as job.
  • Modding version: PSX
Nyzer: Alma teleports out of her own possessed body.
Raijinili: Remember that you're telling a modding community that the game they love could use some fixing.

SilvasRuin

November 16, 2009, 01:27:40 pm #5 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by SilvasRuin
What, so you managed to remove the gender exclusiveness of Bard and Dancer or something?  Because unless you've done that or fixed either Dragoon or Ninja somehow, I still don't see enough jobs.

Jumza

November 16, 2009, 01:57:51 pm #6 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Jumza
Don't foget calculator or however you spell it. bard and dancer will be morphed into one job same stats same abilities so basically they arent really just 1 gender job's anymore.
Raijinili: Remember that you're telling a modding community that the game they love could use some fixing.

SilvasRuin

November 16, 2009, 02:08:38 pm #7 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by SilvasRuin
Um... we seem to have a misunderstanding.  Calculator was included amongst the jobs that can be freely manipulated.  Also making Dancer and bard into identical jobs doesn't free up one of them for a job slot and so doesn't help the issue at all.

There are 20 jobs total.
Mime, Ninja, Lancer, and Geomancer have issues when altered.  Bard and Dancer are gender exclusive, so one of them doesn't count.
That leaves 15 jobs.
You say you have a fix for Geomancer, and you are using Mime.
That bumps the available jobs back up to 17.
You list 18 jobs.
17 is not enough for 18.  You need to have another job slot freed up to include all the ones you listed.

Jumza

November 16, 2009, 02:17:18 pm #8 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Jumza
well you got us there... anyone can shout out jobs from that list that they don't want (not including the secret char's, duh).

SilvasRuin

November 16, 2009, 02:23:49 pm #9 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by SilvasRuin
Having three different archer jobs is overkill.  Four if you include Assassin.

Bishop sucks unless you aren't going to base their stats off of FFTA.

Never found much use for Templar.  Maybe if their anti-casting abilities had a more significant impact...

Ninja and Elementalist are VERY similar.  One is more magical than the other, and one is faster and more physical than the other.  Elementalist DOES have two healing abilities, but really... who uses them to heal?

Jumza

November 16, 2009, 02:28:56 pm #10 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Jumza
I did until i got summoner for my veira.

ffta707

November 16, 2009, 03:47:14 pm #11 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by ffta707
Quote from: "SilvasRuin"Um... we seem to have a misunderstanding.  Calculator was included amongst the jobs that can be freely manipulated.  Also making Dancer and bard into identical jobs doesn't free up one of them for a job slot and so doesn't help the issue at all.

There are 20 jobs total.
Mime, Ninja, Lancer, and Geomancer have issues when altered.  Bard and Dancer are gender exclusive, so one of them doesn't count.
That leaves 15 jobs.
You say you have a fix for Geomancer, and you are using Mime.
That bumps the available jobs back up to 17.
You list 18 jobs.
17 is not enough for 18.  You need to have another job slot freed up to include all the ones you listed.

We arent going to use all of those:) also, we arent going to use all archer classes, that solves the 18 of 17 problem.

Wasabi

November 17, 2009, 02:51:26 am #12 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Wasabi
There weren't any crossbows in FFTA1, so that can be taken as a consideration for equips and class differentiation. However, 4 Archer classes would make that very same argument a difficult matter when skillsets are concerned. So, that's just something you guys will really have to think through.

Suggestion on equips for the 4 Archer classes:

-Archer: crossbows, bows
-Snipers: guns
-Assassins: crossbows, knives, ninja blades
-Hunter: knives, swords, bows

And this is just going off on an assumption, but maybe Gunners will have crossbows and guns as their equippable weapons.

No Sage? It might do well here in this patch, considering how the formulas in FFT have the right capacity in "nerfing" this job from the FFTA version (ie. no heal + cancel KO formula to abuse). And, really, don't make Alchemist into a clone/fusion of FFTA Sage (if that was your intention of cropping out Sage in the first place).

Elementalist can be like the more agile version/variation of the Geomancer, sans one of the healing spells imo (FFTA was a weird game; Earth Heal & Spirit Flame...?). Heck, it can be a twist on the Geomancer class which would indefinitely restrict its skillset completely to terrain abilities instead of default abilities. Also, this version of the Ninja class can have a more restricted version for its spells: single target, low damage, low MP costs, evadeable. So, I don't see any problems with this.

I liked using Templars in FFTA, and they can definitely work in this game to counter against magic users. But, Rasp and Soul Sphere were redundant in FFTA. This needs to be changed. I doubt making an ability behave like "Astra" is non-functional in terms of FFT formulas are concerned, but that might just turn into an "Esuna" ability instead for this patch.

*FYI: Assassins better be nerfed and ranged restricted on most of their abilities. Melee or 2-3 range at best. Low accuracy on OHKO skills, ESPECIALLY when dealt against an enemy from behind with Concentration equipped (since in FFT Concentration doesn't stack accuracy, it just ignores whether the enemy has an evasion rate). Spd/MA+30-38%.
**Ramza better not be a Biskmatar.

Jumza

November 17, 2009, 07:55:18 am #13 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Jumza
there will only be 3 archer classes if you count assasin, we havent decided to keep hunter or sniper yet but whatever for now.
Geomancer as Ele...thats awesome but earth heal and spirit flame are here to stay but im giving them variation's so they arent the exact same.
no sages, sorry if thats a dissapointment but they are in reality a cheap knock off of alche's cuz you flare, giga flare does same thing but giga is for alche flare for sage, same basic damage.
Ramza is not a biskmaster, we are decideing what his class should be (most likely a slightly modified knight class).
Assasins are nerfed there abilities like rockseal will have 1 range same mp cost from ffta and a small chance to petrify.
Gunner's will have access to gun's maybe crossbow's whatever ffta707 decides. unless we do something to crossbow's and make them into a totally new weapon...

ffta707

November 17, 2009, 04:50:57 pm #14 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by ffta707
Quote from: "Wasabi"and this is just going off on an assumption, but maybe Gunners will have crossbows and guns as their equippable weapons.
**Ramza better not be a Biskmatar.

Gunner is a special class, and we wont release much info ofr  that. But ramza... dont worry. He is not a biskmater:)

Smitson

December 25, 2009, 01:02:30 am #15 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Smitson
No Red or Green Mage?

ffta707

December 28, 2009, 01:31:06 am #16 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by ffta707
Shit, its a shame jumza and me quit this, it was just really kindof boring. And I wanted to make an event editing based patch. Asmo, I missed your thoughts on this patch, although i feel like fft and ffta dont mix would be it lol. And thats the same for me.

Dominic NY18

December 28, 2009, 11:13:58 am #17 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Dominic NY18
I'm locking this then.