• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

Twinees' Sprites

Started by Twinees, September 19, 2009, 09:59:13 am

mav

Well, I tried. They didn't turn out to well. Input on fixing them is welcome. Twin, you don't have to use these by any means.

Cheetah

I'm really digging the third palette. The portraits are getting a bit funky though, is it because a hair or skin tone is used for high lights in the armor?

The darker armor colors definitely look better since there is so much of one color.
Current Projects:

Zozma

Love all those portraits, btw is there actually a lightning sprite?
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
Wiegraf: Draw your sword Ramza!
Ramza: But im a monk!!

mav

Thanks for the compliments and quick responses, guys.

Quote from: Cheetah on July 23, 2011, 06:34:00 pm
The portraits are getting a bit funky though, is it because a hair or skin tone is used for high lights in the armor?
Yeah, that was the tougher part of this--some of the darker shades from the hair are also used on the skin (which isn't too tough to deal with) and the armor too (making the blue and black palettes look a little strange). I might take another swing at this in a bit.

Wiz

July 23, 2011, 07:06:07 pm #784 Last Edit: July 23, 2011, 07:06:41 pm by Wiz
Hey there Mav, maybe this has already been implied by Cheetah, but the hair for the 4th palette (Green) doesn't match up with it's portrait color-wise.

Idk if it's just me, but it seems the collar for the 2nd-4th portraits have splashes of red/brown that stick out too much. Maybe that's intentional and meant to be like that (not too sure).

Hope my crits are welcomed even if I'm not a full-fledged spriter XD

Cheetah

Are there any colors left in the portrait? Even if you had just one more color it could make a big difference for that armor, maybe another skin/hair tone can be contained or a dark shade.
Current Projects:

mav

Alright, I'm replacing my previously edit of the green portrait with something more like what I've attached here. It matches a lot better, in my opinion. I'll probably have to tweak the saturation a little bit though.

As for the portrait palette, it's all used up. If Twin wants to drop one of the hair or skin shades to make space for another armor shade, he can, but that's up to him. It can certainly be done.

Cheetah

That is an imPressi e improvement, dropping a shade may not be necessary.
Current Projects:

mav

Right--it's only evident on two of the palettes, so I'm not sure how necessary it is. One of the hair/skin shades isn't completely necessary though. And there are some very minor corrections that could be made to the sprite too. Again, I posted these palettes if Twin wants them. It's his sprite, so he can make the changes and use these additional palettes if he wants to.

Lijj

July 26, 2011, 06:58:55 pm #789 Last Edit: July 26, 2011, 11:04:36 pm by Lijj
Oh! I didn't even see these til today.. Looks good but the colors should be muddier in between the pinkish (for example)and the  brown.. the value of the shades is good but the inbetween colors could be more brownish maybe.
Looking at it magnified on the portrait: it's specifically the darkest pink, if that were closer to it's brown neighbor it might transition better
I hope Twinees decides to use the palettes.
edit(needed a comma)
  • Modding version: PSX

Kagebunji

Those palette were really fine, if you got the whole sheet, please post it, Mav. Dart with palettes is just epic, he could be used for generics.

mav

Twinees

Sorry i didnt reply earlier, i got distracted :P. Cheers for doing this for me mav, i appreciate it.

shishi-sensou

looks like "legends of dragon" hero xDDD

Twinees

September 03, 2011, 03:13:19 am #794 Last Edit: September 07, 2011, 06:46:43 am by Twinees

Finally finished Tifa. Also decided to update the portrait (First try on the left, updated version on the right).
You can get the .spr of Tifa and updated portrait versions of Cid and Barret at the sprite submission thread.

GeneralStrife

Just wanted to post how much better the second port is twin, direct magical switch from ff7 to fft

Zozma

that new tifa looks great! loves it
Wiegraf: Draw your sword Ramza!
Ramza: But im a monk!!

GeneralStrife

I wonder who I will give her sprite...agrias or rafa or what...lol

Twinees

Aerith now (also working on a remade Vincent Portrait).

Haha, I always find errors when I post.

Celdia

That's beautiful. Also nice to see her looking distinctly different from the flower girl portrait. That said...

Yoink!
  • Discord username: Celdia#0