• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

Squire and Paladin Patch

Started by Havermayer, June 24, 2009, 08:31:31 pm

Xifanie

July 04, 2009, 12:53:31 pm #20 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Xifanie
For the main character it's more delicate. You can find the info near Ramza's raw stats; Just check Razele's asm topic for those.
  • Modding version: PSX
Love what you're seeing? https://supportus.ffhacktics.com/ 💜 it's really appreciated

Anything is possible as long as it is within the hardware's limits. (ie. disc space, RAM, Video RAM, processor, etc.)
<R999> My target market is not FFT mod players
<Raijinili> remember that? it was awful

Havermayer

July 04, 2009, 03:46:39 pm #21 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Havermayer
Quote from: "Voldemort"Edit ENTD #184 Magic City Gariland

I did.  It doesn't include Ramza or his team-mates.  And I changed Delita, but it seemed to have no effect.  I must have done something wrong.

LastingDawn

July 05, 2009, 04:01:48 pm #22 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by LastingDawn
Not quite... there's a rather extensive guide on the first post of Razele's Thread which has the means to change Ramza's starting equipment, but as for Delita, yeah... 184 is the way to go.
"Moment's anger can revert to joy,
sadness can be turned to delight.
A nation destroyed cannot be restored,
the dead brought back to life."

Art of War

Beta & Gretchen Forever!!!!

Havermayer

July 06, 2009, 06:03:07 am #23 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Havermayer
Quote from: "LastingDawn"Not quite... there's a rather extensive guide on the first post of Razele's Thread which has the means to change Ramza's starting equipment, but as for Delita, yeah... 184 is the way to go.

Yeah, that makes sense.

I'll check that guide out.

Havermayer

July 08, 2009, 02:17:14 pm #24 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Havermayer
Alright.  So Squires are mostly done I guess.  Working on Paladins now.  For new abilities, you have to take an unused blank spot and edit it as you wish right?  Holy Blade and Saint Cross are going to be that.  I fear that Paladins might be a bit too weak, and Squires might actually be better.  

Also, I plan on making two versions of this patch.  One is for the vanilla version, and the other is for 1.3.  How would I go about changing 1.3, but also keeping all the text-edits and such?

philsov

July 08, 2009, 03:28:18 pm #25 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by philsov
make sure you don't edit stuff at the very end of the list (think the last is worker 8 stuff?); that usually bugs the game out.  There's a few blanks floating around near time/yin-yang magic and then you can consolidate/remove some abilities to free up the rest of the space needed.  

to keep it with 1.3; there's two main ways to go about it.  You can rip the 1.3 iso with fftpatcher, change the classes, re-apply the patcher file, and then make the ppf.  Or, you can take the gameshark codes from the vanilla version, load them onto a 1.3 file, and make a ppf from that hack instead.

I'd be concerned about making it basely compatible to 1.3, however, unless you also take care of the ripple effect (ENTD, fight difficulty, what have you) as well.
Just another rebel plotting rebellion.

ffta707

October 09, 2009, 12:50:12 pm #26 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by ffta707
Quote from: "boomkick"Make Ramza a Dark Knight, since hes Gafgarion's merc afterall.

See, I think the only problem with that is the overpowerness. Ramza, With the high stats he obtains as a squire, which I am assuming that is what dark knight would replace... He would be a real badass.

Rythe

November 05, 2009, 04:28:12 pm #27 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Rythe
For Paladins, I'd suggest:

An ability that uses Seal Evil's formula and has a chance to inflict Dead. Paladins are the sworn enemies of the undead, after all.
An ability that copies the FFTA Defender's Aura skill.
An ability that's like the Defender's Expert Guard. I would say have it inflict Wall until the user's next turn.
An ability that makes the user and allies 1 panel away have defend status. With the ASM hack that reduces physical damage while defending, it could be useful.

/2cents
(>^_^)>----------------------@(>X_x)>
YO-YO'D