• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 05:18:58 pm

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

If this thread could be purged please.

Started by Zuka, January 05, 2009, 12:27:07 pm

Zuka

January 05, 2009, 12:27:07 pm Last Edit: March 03, 2009, 05:09:33 pm by Zuka
If this thread could be purged I'd appreciate it, the patch has changed far too radically for this thread to remain relevant, though I won't post a new thread about the patch to prevent spamming. Though if this cannot or will not be purged then I understand and will try to adapt this thread.

For the time being you can find my most recent work at
http://www.geocities.com/deusincarnum/index.htm
There isn't much info about it but the patch itself can be downloaded there for play-testing or shits and giggles purposes.

Goomba

January 05, 2009, 03:26:20 pm #1 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Goomba
This will be fun! I'm looking at the changes in the FFpatcher right now. I LOVE what you did to the job classes. You can expect my feedback really soon. :D

Zalge

January 05, 2009, 04:03:21 pm #2 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Zalge
I guess I'll test it?

Zuka

January 05, 2009, 04:10:47 pm #3 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Zuka
Quote from: "Goomba"This will be fun! I'm looking at the changes in the FFpatcher right now. I LOVE what you did to the job classes. You can expect my feedback really soon. :D

Thank you so much, I'm really looking forward to the ideas, there's a lot I still want to do and it's still very open to change, but it'll help a lot to know what is already good. ^^

And Zalge that sounds awesome, I look forward to hearing any tips you might have. I'd like to note that I have had tons of problems with tacTEXT so none of the text has been updated in the game.

Goomba

January 05, 2009, 05:28:28 pm #4 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Goomba
Okay, I just got finished beating another random on Mandalia plains. The farthest jobs I've seen are Thief and Oracle. So far, throw stone is KING. The squire class really packs a huge punch. These extra moves totally make them more useful.

Allowing lots of jobs to equip Xbows was a really good idea. They don't get much love in Vanilla. Extra ranged attacks for more delicate characters is perfect, even if they don't have the PA to deal a lot of damage. Ev'ry little bit helps. Giving the Bow Gun gil taking = genius.

I'll give you the rest of my thoughts after I finish chapter 1.

Tokwa

January 05, 2009, 05:56:24 pm #5 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Tokwa
nice :]

Zuka

January 06, 2009, 12:00:28 am #6 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Zuka
Quote from: "Goomba"So far, throw stone is KING. The squire class really packs a huge punch. These extra moves totally make them more useful.

I love all the good things you have to say about the patch thus far, but my concern is that maybe it's still too easy? I mean, I've had different feedback from a couple of at home friends, but I don't know.

btw, thank you very much Tokwa

psp master

January 06, 2009, 07:59:21 am #7 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by psp master
Does it work on PSP?

DarthPaul

January 06, 2009, 10:30:09 am #8 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by darthpaul
Yo PSPM why don't you patch the PSX version get the prog to change it inot an eboot and play it on your PSP that way you can stop asking because I can guarentee that 80% of the patches being worked on right now won't be made into PSP versions till they are perfected on the PSX version.
Oh pitiful shadow lost in the darkness, bringing torment and pain to others. Oh damned soul wallowing in your sin, perhaps...it is time to die

Goomba

January 15, 2009, 12:10:39 am #9 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Goomba
Okay, I'll be restarting again with the new version of your patch, so I won't make any plot line or difficulty suggestions until I've played your new edits. What I will say is that I noticed you're a huge fan of the <random> support/reaction/subclass selection, and that a ton of battles that would have been more difficult have been total push overs because the enemies would grab totally useless skills.

Stuff like catch and walk on water is completely worthless to NPCs unless in specific circumstances, which you could easily set in the ENTD, and other moves like move get EXP, gil game heart and monster talk serve no purpose. These fights would be much more challenging if you zero'd out all of the chances of NPCs learning moves that don't benefit them.

Zuka

January 18, 2009, 11:17:38 am #10 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Zuka
okay cool, thank you for the pointers Goomba, I'll be re-patching some stuff later on then, right now this site has been up and down so i haven't been able to consistantly work on the patch a lot (life got suddenly busy) but I will go in and change the likeliness to learn some of the more useless abilities, I'm very thankful for the constructive critisism, and I really appreciate your efforts thus far to help with the patch. Over the next couple of days I will find al the time I can to work on the patch and implement changes to the NPC's list of learnable skills, or of learned ones, if I decide to change them in the ENTD rather than the abilities editor...

VincentCraven

January 18, 2009, 12:17:50 pm #11 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by VincentCraven
I don't know who else besides Asmo chewed you out, but if you decide to comeback, know that most of the members of our community tend to be supportive and criticize constructively.

I apologize if I too came off as rather abrasive, but I tend to be rather technical and objective.  Some issues have been hammered at for so long, that things are taken as fact and "proof" is usually required to make the other side have much weight in an argument.

So umm, if you change your mind you are more than welcome to rejoin.
I changed jobs and that has made all the difference.

Asmo X

January 18, 2009, 12:22:11 pm #12 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Asmo X
I gave constructive criticism. He said that Jump sucked, I gave several reasons why it didn't and then he whinged about how I was "attacking" him. And you know how I hate whingers.

Zuka

January 18, 2009, 12:46:00 pm #13 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Zuka
Quote from: "Asmo X"I gave constructive criticism. He said that Jump sucked, I gave several reasons why it didn't and then he whinged about how I was "attacking" him. And you know how I hate whingers.

Look I didn't want a fight, we had a difference in opinion and i was interested in knowing your side, right up until you said my opinion was the dumbest thing you'd ever heard, and I'm sorry if you thought I was whining, but i don't see how that's very constructive... I respect your opinions on this forum as someone who has a great deal of experience with modding tactics, and I honestly expected a more intellectual exchange of ideas, and am more shocked than offended, I might come back to the site, but it's proven of very little use to me, since the only opinions I seem to get commonly are "That's wrong" followed by no suggestions for what would be right, and every-time I call out for a little feedback it seems as though only one or two people have anything to say, and it's rarely actual feedback... Sorry if anyone is disappointed in my leaving or if I've made a rash decision in doing so, but I just don't think all the time I spend on this forum and site is very well spent considering I've been basically solo in nearly every aspect of my mod creation, honestly, I feel as though I'd have been better off just learning to hex-edit. I don't mean this as offensive to anyone, though i understand a few people may take it that way, I think the community for what it's worth is a good one, and it seems as though you've all formed a very tight clique, but therein lies my problem, I don't really fit into this clique, and it has been made apparent to me many times over... Goodbye all it was nice while it lasted.

Oh and Vincent, you didn't come off as abrasive, I like a more technical approach to the conversation.

Again I'd like to make it clear that everyone here has my utmost respect, for all their experience in playing and patching tactics, but it's all a bit too clique oriented for me.

Archael

January 18, 2009, 12:46:51 pm #14 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Archael
Everyone who has posted in this topic apparently is acting like they didn't read the topic title!

Fuck hacktics... I'm out

Coupled with the description:

Fuck hacktics, I'm out, every time I disagree with someone I'm called an idiot, this is a childish practice, and I won't partake,

No, fuck you!!!

What in the fuck, dude?

Not everyone on the internet is going to agree with you.

It has nothing to do with childishness, but on a site that is based on creative work which is ALWAYS going to get criticized, good or bad.

If you can't face this reality, then I suggest you stop all creative work immediately, or atleast stop submitting it to communities such as this one, because it will ALWAYS get criticized.

As for people giving negative opinions about your character, fuck em, why are you taking it personally?

It might help if you didn't name the patch SWORDSKILLSLOL EDITION too.

Cya.

DarthPaul

January 18, 2009, 12:50:56 pm #15 Last Edit: January 18, 2009, 12:53:19 pm by darthpaul
See ya Zuka I had a good feeling about you because some of your ideas had merit, but if your gonna leave best wishes in your future escapades.

EDIT: @Arch I never noticed the title of the thread I just saw it five minutes ago, and assumed he changed it and decided to leave.
Oh pitiful shadow lost in the darkness, bringing torment and pain to others. Oh damned soul wallowing in your sin, perhaps...it is time to die

Zuka

January 18, 2009, 12:52:59 pm #16 Last Edit: January 18, 2009, 12:58:26 pm by Zuka
Sorry to offend you Voldemort, yours is among the opinions I most respect, I don't think everyone should or will agree with me, I just don't see how it's appropriate to attack my character (or intellect) in a conversation about a tactics skill.

Darthpaul, I'll miss ya homey, same to LastingDawn, Voldemort, Zodiac, and all the others with whom I have had good conversations, and debates.

|| Edit || Any suggestions for a better name? I'm all ears, Swordskills edition is just a generic title, like naming something "Imagefortransfer.jpg" it was never intended to be a final name.

Asmo I was trying to tie up loose ends, but I guess no more

Asmo X

January 18, 2009, 12:57:43 pm #17 Last Edit: January 18, 2009, 01:01:07 pm by Asmo X
This guy has already made 2 posts since he retired from FFH half an hour ago. He's the Ric Flair of hacking.

DarthPaul

January 18, 2009, 01:00:22 pm #18 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by darthpaul
Wow that was harsh Asmo. Ric Flair come on.

Shade

January 18, 2009, 01:01:08 pm #19 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Shade
lol?

You should come to sites where is spriters they like to fuck people up.
There every day someone leaves with recolors sprites say that people in forums are mother fuckers and gay.
That's moment when I go lol.

It's hilarius.
Upupupu...

Zetsubou