• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

May 20, 2024, 03:25:11 am

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

FFT: Newtype (Playable Demo in One Week, Armor Posted)

Started by Eternal248, April 19, 2010, 12:18:19 am

LastingDawn

Quote from: "SilvasRuin"I didn't see this in Known Issues.  The Onion Knight at the beginning glitches when it kneels for the princess.

Also when Gafgarian is mouthing off to Agrias, a for is covered by the "next page" symbol thing.

I noticed even in the tutorial battle that both Onion Knights and Scholars seem to have something screwy going on with the sprites.  I kept seeing strange graphical bugs.  I think the Scholar sprite is fundamentally flawed to begin with as the arm doesn't seem to take the scarf into account for its animations.

A female squire with some palette bugs in the scene at the start of the flashback suddenly turns into a male black mage.  This was... interesting.

The knight's speech has some typos such as an "as" that needs capitalization and an "or" where it should be "of".

Hmm, that doesn't sound right. What you are describing sounds more intune with wrong types. Also that "glitch" at the start is just the Onion Knight playing an Evtchr "Rad" (Squire). That is likely the case with the Gariland scene as well, Evtchr's really make intense editing a difficulty. Thankfully in scenes like that it's as easy as changing them to something else that works or removing them altogether.
"Moment's anger can revert to joy,
sadness can be turned to delight.
A nation destroyed cannot be restored,
the dead brought back to life."

Art of War

Beta & Gretchen Forever!!!!

Zenius

Done up to Poeskas
My desire to get that friggin Yoichi Bow cost me so much time xD

Samuraiblackbelt

the Enchanter has levitate equipped but is not floating. using tanglevine on him still has 00% though.
<JoZ> I'm not Wiz. Even if I were, I wouldn't be narcissistic enough to go under an alt and comment on my own team.

PGF: "You are ignoring this user. Click to see their post."

The HiemLICH

Finally on my way, heading for Zeklaus Desert.

The problem with the first battle for those wondering why I sucked at it is because Alicia and Lavian had reallly bad skills. No Arts of War for either, and the one with Martial Arts only had Pummel and Spin Fist. Eventually, she got Chakra, Aura Blast and Pummel and things changed a bit.

I was having trouble because I tried to use Rad as a healer. Then I noticed he was equipped with a Longbow. Things got easier.

Reports:
Algus doesn't speak at Mandalia until after the battle? I figure this for purpose. But he does say the same thing twice "Please help me" line to Ramza where he grasps his hand. Yep, does it twice.
Scholar's sprite gets very screwy when throwing items.
Hunter's Blackout attacks twice, but doesn't register the second attack. Don't know what's going on there, just something to add.
Animations are very laggy, as are screen changes. I think it's because of the added sounds, just thought I'd say.

Eternal

@Silvas: Yeah, I have to update the known issues box. LD is correct about Rad, it's an EVTCHR issue which I talked about at the beginning. A very common issue that you'll see quite often until I can get around to removing them. Not sure what the issue is
with the Onion Knight and Scholar sprites, since they've worked perfectly for me and other people. When Kage was streaming Newtype, he did have an issue with the Scholar, though. Also, regarding the text boxes, there'll be a lot of those as well.
I just need to respace the lines.

@Zenius: Good luck stealing from Elmdor, then! The battle is quite difficult unless you try a variety of things you wouldn't normally try on bosses.

@Lich: Glad to hear you got past Orbonne. You scared me a little there! Regarding Algus, I have a feeling I know what's wrong with that event- I just need to play around with it. So it shouldn't be a huge problem to fix. Regarding Scholar, you're not the only one with issues and I've no idea why. Regarding Blackout, it's just an animation error. It only damages once. Animations weren't laggy for me, or for anyone else from what I've seen and heard. It could well be an emulator thing.

@Samurai: Looking at it in the ENTD, he -has- the movement ability Levitate on, but for some reason he's still not Floating. I have to admit, I have no idea why. Perhaps someone could offer some input?

Also, since I totally replaced everything onto a new ISO before I patched it, that may also be the cause of some issues. I'll investigate further.
  • Modding version: PSX & WotL
"You, no less human than we? Ha! Now there's a beastly thought. You've been less than we from the moment your baseborn father fell upon your mother in whatever gutter saw you sired! You've been chattel since you came into the world drenched in common blood!"
  • Discord username: eternal248#1817

Dominic NY18

I got through Dorter (with some trouble), but I'm getting my ass handed to me at Cellar of Sand Mouse/Rat/whatever rodent. Between the ultra-mobile Hunter with a Silver Bow, the mobile OKs (one of whom roasted me with Fire 2 on my second attempt), the Monks, and bad Zodiac compatibility, I'm a little outmatched. Algus and Delita are damn near useless because they're more frail than you'd think. They always end up getting themselves killed.

Slightly off-topic, but the game froze for some reason on the PSP. I think it was after I used one of the Hunter skills. I'll have to look into it.

Eternal

Usually, the Silver Bow Hunter will hop up onto the roof of the fort. When they do, usually Thunder will only target his panel, so you can fry it with ease.
"You, no less human than we? Ha! Now there's a beastly thought. You've been less than we from the moment your baseborn father fell upon your mother in whatever gutter saw you sired! You've been chattel since you came into the world drenched in common blood!"

Zenius

Is Elmdor still his noobass Chiri spamming self?

Eternal

He has Chirijiraden in his skillset, yes. Although note that Chirijiraden is Fire elemental...

Zenius

Wow, that Zalera...Fallen One wtf >_<

Eternal

Fallen One can be evaded with Magic Evasion. Good luck! =D

Zenius

TBH, I don't see the point of Last Waltz if the user insta-crystalizes >_<

Dome

Quote from: "Zenius"TBH, I don't see the point of Last Waltz if the user insta-crystalizes >_<
Lol xD
Ramza should make a good user for that skill xD

"Be wise today so you don't cry tomorrow"

Zenius

Sure but Ramza can't become a Dancer xD

I'm all like "Oh wow this is an awesome way to powerlevel" and I see instacrystal and I go O_O??!!??!

Edit: Aliste is sorta omgwtfimba >_<

Kagebunji

Is there some other way to acquire Genji set? Or only Elmdor?

Btw, I would love to see Sephiroth a playable character :P)
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

Zenius

Aliste is down
You've made one hell of a boss fight Eternal D: lol I had to get REAL creative

Ramza Knight
Art of War
Mediation
Soulbind
Defense Boost
Move+2

Excalibur
Genji Helmet
Genji Armor
Hermes Boots

Needed all that Speed cause otherwise Aliste would just 2-shot Reis
Fight consisted of basically Ramza using Cheer on self and Rending Aliste's PA down and Soulbinding him to death
Oh, and Beowulf's Drain helped out a ton xD

Samuraiblackbelt

moar bugS!

AI bug: the archer casts ice in the general direction of my party (the castle walls) but doesn't seem to realize that they're out of range. Possibly has something to do with the equation you edited to make the blizzard spell?

sprite bug, but it's a bug on an unchanged sprite. There was another bug like it on one of the archers during the event at the beginning of the Golgorand execution sight battle, but it fixed itself after the battle began.
A thief I invited from Goland Coal city. Notice how thief isn't even unlocked.

text edit mistake?

another bug that I noticed but never taken screenshots of is: if you use throw stone somewhere where you normally wouldn't be able to because of an obstacle, it'll say that you have a 100% (maybe not always 100, haven't noticed otherwise), but when you throw the stone it hits the obstacle.
<JoZ> I'm not Wiz. Even if I were, I wouldn't be narcissistic enough to go under an alt and comment on my own team.

PGF: "You are ignoring this user. Click to see their post."

Eternal

@Zenius: Last Waltz is very much an experimental reset button for if your levels get too high. Recruit a level 1 unit at the Soldier Office, have the high level Dancer use Last Waltz. Dancer crystallizes, so your average party level goes down, and your recruited unit can obtain a huge deal of basic abilities from the Dancer. Regarding Aliste, yes, he's meant to be a sort of one-man army. Just wait until you battle him with Bremondt! Btw, how did Zalera go?

@Kage: You can obtain the Genji Gear from Mid-Boss in DD, however, he only has a 20% chance of dropping each individual piece of gear.

@Samurai: Sometimes I must really question the AI's intelligence when it comes to things like Blizzard. I've never seen them use it incorrectly like that before, and it doesn't happen with other formulae, so I'll check the AI flags. Also, yay, another EVTCHR error! Regarding the Goland Thief, that has been fixed. Regarding Stone, I think I also fixed that, as well as Sleep Blade's text.

Zenius

Zalera wasn't that bad once I put Aegis Shields on half my team xD
Mustadio with Seal Evil <3

Ya I just beat Nelveska
Meliadoul's Mind Ruin is so godly :O

Eternal

Heh, this means you can get Balthier now, IIRC. Enjoy!