• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 07:07:24 am

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

ASM Request: Immortal Flag boosts Skills

Started by Lydyn, December 31, 2012, 02:53:27 pm

Lydyn

Clips from FFH Chat;

Quote12:04   Lydyn: While my mind is on ASM ... is there a way to keep the "old" blade grasp while nerfing the player version? I know somehow hacked the black support above Short Charge. Maybe copy/paste blade grasp (not sure if that's, that easy) onto it and then use ASM to nerf the default one?
12:04   Lydyn: someone*
12:05   fdc: Well, yeah, you can do that, but wouldn't someone notice?
12:05   fdc: I think an "easier" solution is to have it so immortal flagged units
12:05   fdc: get the boosted version
12:06   fdc: easier in the sense there's less assembly involved

Quote12:13   Lydyn: Regardless... would it be easy to ASM the immortal flag for multiple boosts? Like giving them the original blade grasp (while player can only guard against bladed weapons), original MP switch (while player takes spillover damage to HP), etc?
12:13   fdc: Yeah
12:13   fdc: just has to be done separately
12:13   fdc: but the check is the same either way.
12:13   Lydyn: So seperate ASM, but it'd result in the same thing?
12:14   fdc: Separate added ASM checks
12:14   fdc: one for each abilty in question
12:14   fdc: *ability
12:14   fdc: but conceptually not hard

The Request: So basically, I was hoping to catch someone's interest and request that when the immortal flag is checked in ENTD that it 'boosts' two skills, changing them from the modified version back to it's default vanilla version.
Modified MP Switch: Any excess damage from MP Switch no longer goes to waste. It will damage the target's HP if there is any excess.
EX: Attacker deals 150 damage, Defender has 50 MP. The Defender would lose 50 MP (all of it) then receive 100 Damage.
Modified Blade Grasp: Blade Grasp now blocks all sharp weapons (except axes and flails). Sharp weapons being anything with an edge, like swords, katanas, spears, etc. but no arrows/bullets.

So an example would be, I give an enemy Blade Grasp in the ENTD part of the patcher, so it blocks all sharp weapons (except axes and flails) until I check the immortal flag - now the enemy's Blade Grasp blocks all physical attacks like it did in the vanilla version of the game.

Pride

I've done something similar before with percentage based attacks (where Immortal units were immune to them) to prevent them being spammed against ??? units and bosses. Its very possible and not overly difficult to do what you are requesting.
  • Modding version: PSX
Check out my ASM thread. Who doesn't like hax?

Lydyn

Well, it'd be very much appreciated. Until this can be applied, I've removed Blade Grasp and MP Switch from the skillsets.