• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 07:25:54 am

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

FFT: Emergence (PSP)

Started by BleuVII, January 17, 2017, 11:11:35 pm

darkskyx

December 25, 2020, 05:22:07 pm #120 Last Edit: August 28, 2023, 07:40:57 pm by darkskyx
Quote from: AriusScorpius on December 25, 2020, 03:11:13 pmHey, so do you (OP, or anyone for that matter) have any tips on keeping your mod the way it is, but restoring the Dark Knight class to its former glory? I really like the idea of modifying Ramza's skillset to a DK (Stays in line with that old rumor on unlocking DK in Vanilla PSX FFT) but I still want my generics to have sword skills of some sort. Even if I have to modify a separate class, I'm cool with that. I just have no idea how to take what you've done and accomplish what I want without making a supreme mess of things, so any help would be most appreciated.
Hey, I'm doing a re-patch of this hackmod recently. I like DK too, but destroying Magus (or any other Job) is not my cup of tea. Also, you are confused... Ramza is actually a Dark Knight in this hackmod once you unlock it on Chapter 4. It's a little redundant to a DK knight class for generic units because the Job is a little broken if you get it early (and Magus is even more broken). Also, DK in the game is hard-coded. And even on late game it doesn't make that much sense. It's balanced at is it, you get DK only with some units on mid-lategame.
Anyway, I can surelly make it, but the problem is how hackmods work... If I want to keep DK & Magus I have to basically delete a unit and remove skills from generic units. If I had to remove something I'd use some Soldier skills, but they work different (like Throw or Jump for example) - so they have to be there. What you want is not that hard to do, but it's not a good idea to remove a lot of skills.
Another problem is that you'll have to rebalance the game and swap some skills or delete others to make room for DK skills... Check out the Excel that comes with the original patch and just look yourself what you'll do. It's easy to say so, but that's a little bit painful to do.
If you want to just delete Magus that is not that hard, but I don't wanna do it. You can do it yourself with FFTPatcher, it's not that hard like I told you. But in the original game you have to master Knight (Soldier in Emergence) & Black Mage and also make 20 kills (you need to see crystal).
IMO I like how the mod is right now. I prefer Dark Knight on special units, and I love Magus even more than Dark Knight.

Anyway, maybe you are looking for this: https://ffhacktics.com/smf/index.php?topic=12780.0
  • Modding version: WotL

✪ Emergence 2 for PSP (EN/ES) - Play it now! ✪
A vanilla+ experience for PSP. Actual patch: 1.0+. More fixes in v1.1!
  • Discord username: darkskyx#9825

Retrogamer1987

Playing through for the first time still in Chapter 1 but I just had a question about the Monk Class. My Monk seems to be exceptionally weak. I tried unequiping and reequipping "Brawler" ability to see if by any chance Monk did not have it innately, but it seems he still does as the damage did not change. He doing significantly less damage than my other party members, and typically at the beginning of the game especially the Monk's damage is at least equal or greater than other physical characters since weapons are not very strong yet.

Did you make any changes to the Brawler ability or the Monk in this patch?
  • Modding version: PSX & WotL

darkskyx

Quote from: Retrogamer1987 on February 01, 2021, 06:47:24 pmPlaying through for the first time still in Chapter 1 but I just had a question about the Monk Class. My Monk seems to be exceptionally weak. I tried unequiping and reequipping "Brawler" ability to see if by any chance Monk did not have it innately, but it seems he still does as the damage did not change. He doing significantly less damage than my other party members, and typically at the beginning of the game especially the Monk's damage is at least equal or greater than other physical characters since weapons are not very strong yet.

Did you make any changes to the Brawler ability or the Monk in this patch?
Monk have innate brawler, so you don't need to equip it. You may try Abandon if you want more damage at the cost of less defense. Monk job will scale better during the mid-late game. I can do like 200+ damage easily with monk punches while other jobs do damages like 150 during midgame. Also, try to buff Physical Attack on monk with items or skills so that way you will do more damage.

HyperTranslucent

Anyone have a list of poachables? I'm killing all types of monsters and getting mixed results.
  • Discord username: HyperTranslucent

darkskyx

September 24, 2021, 12:46:17 am #124 Last Edit: September 27, 2022, 10:23:21 am by darkskyx
Quote from: HyperTranslucent on July 22, 2021, 06:43:00 pmAnyone have a list of poachables? I'm killing all types of monsters and getting mixed results.
Open the ISO with FFTPatcher and you will see the info of the game, including Poaching, it's not that hard. There are 90% drop items and 10% drop items for every monster.

Quote from: Raijinili on April 14, 2020, 03:36:21 pmAre you aware that Support-blocking in Vanilla is hardcoded and does not actually check what Innates the job has?

There might be an ASM hack for it, but it seems from your response that you aren't aware of such a hack.

But the problem is that ASM hacks in the PSP version are so hard to put in!!  There's only basic ones.
It would be cool to add new ones but even in 2022 there's no good solution.

Kay

Hey! I'm loving playing through this hack so far im trying to unlock dancer i have a level 5 geomancer female but dancer isn't unlocking did the requirments change?

Remigod

Can u over level and still enjoy ?

Helbram

How to get past Dorter in Chapter 1 again? Do I need to grind for Ninja?