• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 10:33:42 am

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

Job & Skill Proposals/Idea Thread

Started by Vanya, November 21, 2009, 11:35:58 am

Tea

December 18, 2009, 04:24:22 pm #140 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Tea
I must say that I expected it since the thread is new, but I was a little confused as to why there were several posts from Vanya that he added new stuff to the tutorial. Anyways, interesting read, this topic. I like the latest elemental idea, I'll play around with it for a while. it sounds really interesting.

Myself I played a little bit with a job that would have status attacks only, wide area with lower succes chances. I never used status attacks in my playthroughs, so I thought of having the succes chance be just a bit lower than oracle's skills, so they'll be used woth great succes. I just wonder if it would be severly overpowered. Range of 3/4, effect of 2, succes% of F(MA+~100) lower for good statuses of course.
What do you guys think?

woodenbandman

December 18, 2009, 05:42:26 pm #141 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by woodenbandman
Well it's no better or worse than an oracle, I guess, unless you're talking about having multi-panel petrify and such. In vanillla definitely op, but in 1.3 there's already the sage, which gets confuse2 and toad2, which murder everything.

Green Archer

I tried adjusting Beowulf's Sword Skills to make it target 5 panels instead of one. However when I tested it out, it only gave me one animation.

Example:
I targeted two adjacent bombs in deep dungeon with Beowulf's Petrify Sword Skill. The petrify animation showed up once but it petrified both bombs in the process.

Is there a way for me to allow the skill to show up more than once if there are more than one enemies targeted? (similar to Agrias's or Orlandu's sword skills...)

Vanya

Some spell animation are hard-coded to only display on one target, the only way around this is to use a different animation.
If you get really creative you should be able to even edit the replacement graphic to look somewhat like the original.
The biggest issue though is that you will not be able to change the sound effects used by the animation. That is unless you figure out how to do that yourself. ^_^
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
¯\(°_0)/¯

RagnorokKing

Okay, so I'm new to this, and trying (keyword here) to create at least an extra chapter in the original PS1 game (since my PSP sucks when it comes to custom firmware) that involves the introduction of new characters and classes from a project I'm a part of.

The characters are all Kamen Riders.
So all of them have a powerful long range attack that can be only used once.
On top of that many riders have specific forms that only they can access.
Each has specialized weapons, etc.
If anyone's interested I can post the full list on the ideas I had for making these characters.

Vanya

Sure, go ahead. After all, that is what this thread is for.
¯\(°_0)/¯

Skip Sandwich

I've been working on a new job tree, based on a three-way partition rather then the default two way

Some of the positions may not be immediately intuitive, such as summoner following geomancer, or why it now takes such extra effort to reach Wizard, but those jobs in unusual positions are there only under the assumption that their abilities and stats will be adjusted to compensate (summoner, for instance, will lose some of the more powerful summons and gain a selection of mediator-like abilities, this is in part because of the replacement of mediator with a gambler job to top off the thief tree)
"Dave?  Are you there?"
"Yeah.  I can't get you through the cell now."
"You have to talk through the bratwurst from now on. I'm sorry. I didn't know it would do that."
http://www.johndiesattheend.com

jimmyjw88

Kindly upload the images to other image hosting sites. I can't view imageshack. Thanks.

Skip Sandwich

something I forget to put in that graph is the position of mime, basically, I had it set up so that once any single character unlocked every other job, they automatically unlocked mime as well (in other words, the requirements for unlocking mime were to unlock sage, samurai and ninja)
"Dave?  Are you there?"
"You have to talk through the bratwurst from now on. I'm sorry. I didn't know it would do that."

SilvasRuin

January 12, 2010, 11:39:33 pm #149 Last Edit: January 13, 2010, 02:52:07 am by SilvasRuin
I'd be more inclined to completely overhaul the job tree rather than rearrange the existing one with just two or three major tweaks to the jobs.

Edit:  That said, the three branch setup is one I repeatedly turn back to in my musings, so I suppose I actually favor the basic structure of that tree.

Vanya

Very interesting set up. I like it.
¯\(°_0)/¯

Zaen

It's very interesting, indeed. Thief, Monk and Squire branching off is a very good approach...
"Oh, God!! The Hokuten!!" ~Guard, Sand Rat Cellar

SilvasRuin

Hold on, you've essentially made Monk the start of the spellcaster branch...  How does that work?  And how did you make Priest worth being a higher tier than Monk?

Skip Sandwich

monk becomes the start of the spellcaster branch very easily, of course, in practice this 'monk' is more like a red mage that punches people in the face and hadokens everybody he can't reach to punch, but yeah. (in game mechanics, punch art is reorganized has a hybrid fighter-spellcaster skillset, with the more mystical skills such as wave fist, earth slash, chackra, and secret fist replaced with basic spells that fulfill the same functions)

Priest is worth it by having better healing, better revival, and better support ability, along with the ability to equip hats and robes.
"Dave?  Are you there?"

Vanya

I thought that was rather obvious. If there is a balance issue to this setup, then the monk can lose some power to compensate.
¯\(°_0)/¯

Vanya

I have an idea for you guys to brainstorm over when you're bored and unoccupied.
What sorts of skills would you give to a branch of Dragoon jobs each with a summon dragon specialization?
The group would include the following types:
Bahamut, non-elem.
Leviathan, water elem.
Mist, ice elem.
Hiryu/Wyvern, wind elem.
Syldra/Quezacotl, thunder elem.
Kirin, healing.
Midgardsormr, poison elem.
Tiamat, all elem.
Salamander, fire elem.
¯\(°_0)/¯

VampragonLord

give them a "breath/bracelet" attack, some sort of psuedo-magic to cast(based on their element) thats about on par with ultima (ramza-ultima), maybe some smaller version of what their summon does (Flare-Bahamut).
15:05   slave: consensual slavery is the best thing ever~

mav

Hmm, I'd give them something a la sword skills, only based on their element and to be used with their spears...For example, a Bahamut Dragoon would have some various levels of a Flare attack, as well as an Aura attack, and a Rend attack (I believe Bahamut had all three of those techniques). A Leviathan Dragoon would have some kinds of Cyclone and Tidal Wave attacks. I guess all of 'em could have breath/bracelets related to their element, as well as Jump. Then again, if we did this each Dragoon would share one tech (Jump) and have only a handful of techs...

Samuraiblackbelt

is it possible to make an ability "jump" instead of a skillset "jump"?
<JoZ> I'm not Wiz. Even if I were, I wouldn't be narcissistic enough to go under an alt and comment on my own team.

PGF: "You are ignoring this user. Click to see their post."

jimmyjw88

I'm liking this idea, Vanya. Special skills for each group.
Kindly upload the images to other image hosting sites. I can't view imageshack. Thanks.