• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

May 01, 2024, 11:18:14 am

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

The government goes too far?

Started by MountainDew~, April 09, 2012, 10:07:03 pm

MountainDew~

http://games.yahoo.com/blogs/plugged-in/u-navy-looking-few-good-video-game-hackers-190930546.html?fb_source=ticker&fb_action_ids=10150816856710127&fb_action_types=news.reads

First there was the arrest americans without a trial thing, followed by a bunch of other legislation constantly trying to intrude in my day to day life and monitor and/or block activities (i.e. SOPA), and now they want to track me in my gaming life? Fuck, I just can't do anything right.

I'm not a "government is always watching us, man" kind of guy... But this really scares me how hard they are pushing our freedoms.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
  • Discord username: Holographic #1363

Kaijyuu

QuoteWary of the obvious privacy concerns, the Pentagon says it only plans to use this technology overseas, since it's illegal to do so on American citizens.

Because that makes it so much better.

Violating human rights is a-ok so long as it's not on our soil. Put it in someone else's backyard so it's their problem.

Also lawl at the "hunting paedophiles" thing. The vast majority of those victimize family members and people they already know; going to be checking into family conversations, are we? Of course not; that's just a silly ploy to prey on people's moral indignation.

And yeah, the US has been looking like a corporate dystopia for quite some time.
  • Modding version: PSX

formerdeathcorps

the Pentagon says it only plans to use this technology overseas

Didn't they say the same thing about military drones?  Didn't they say the same thing about arbitrarily labeling people and countries as terrorists to be killed as well?  Other countries are simply a testing ground for technology to be introduced here, both useful (radar, microwaves) and invasive.
The destruction of the will is the rape of the mind.
The dogmas of every era are nothing but the fantasies of those in power; their dreams are our waking nightmares.

Samuraiblackbelt

QuoteBeyond the possibility of terrorists using systems like Xbox Live and Nintendo's 3DS to exchange information about potential targets, the Feds are also looking to hunt down pedophiles, which sometimes use online game systems to find potential victims.

Suddenly I've become paranoid of my trollings in MW3 lobbies.
<JoZ> I'm not Wiz. Even if I were, I wouldn't be narcissistic enough to go under an alt and comment on my own team.

PGF: "You are ignoring this user. Click to see their post."