• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

I couldnt find an answer to this Tactext error

Started by Drunkard, August 04, 2015, 06:42:05 am

Drunkard

http://gyazo.com/cc9ababc40c936cdc5fa58f2939dec6c               I've tried to patch many different iso's and it comes up for all of them, what am I doing wrong?

Xifanie

Which version are you using? As a rule of thumb, if you are editing the PSX version you should be using .478.
It's also possible to add too much text to cause this error.
  • Modding version: PSX
Love what you're seeing? https://supportus.ffhacktics.com/ 💜 it's really appreciated

Anything is possible as long as it is within the hardware's limits. (ie. disc space, RAM, Video RAM, processor, etc.)
<R999> My target market is not FFT mod players
<Raijinili> remember that? it was awful

Drunkard

Thank you, not sure which version i have, but i'll dl .478 and try it. I had only added 4 txts hoping the less would help. thx again

3lric

Save the tactext patch, then re-open the patch with Tactext and then patch to ISO. Instead of trying to patch directly from the iso

Drunkard

ok, think I can manage that...at least that anyway.

Drunkard

August 05, 2015, 05:41:55 am #5 Last Edit: August 06, 2015, 10:57:53 pm by Drunkard
Is there any specific order I should patch my game iso? tactext -asm - fftpatcher, ect, or vice versa?

Angel

Any order should be fine, including expanded in Shishi first. I do ASM hacks last just in case, however.
* Angel should quit being a lazy bitch
<@Elric> I agree to that as well

nyanyame nyanyajuu nyanyado no nyarabide nyakunyaku inyanyaku nyanyahan nyanyadai nyannyaku nyarabete nyaganyagame
At the end of the day, are we not all trapped inside lemons?

Drunkard

August 06, 2015, 10:52:19 pm #7 Last Edit: August 06, 2015, 10:57:41 pm by Drunkard

cant even work the comments correctly..(sorry)

Drunkard

thx for the reply also Xifanie, this is what I've gotten so far,  I'm using .478 (but have used other versions just to make sure), I save my file ( just edited),close and re-open FFTactext,, open the file and then patch the iso, but it will only patch if I don't edit more than 4 Things at a time (I did just item 4 names) 5 and it gave me the error again. Should I just edit 4 and patch the iso over n over? or am I just not getting it? I couldnt find a tutorial on it either. I'm really not trying to be annoying about this.

3lric

If you've patched with multiple versions of the patcher than your fftactext file is broken and you need to start over. Specifically .482 iirc. I've changed hundreds of things at a time and have never had this issue. However I ONLY use .457 for tactext

Drunkard

ok I'll re-try it with .457 only and if that doesn't work I'll just scrap this FFTPatcher file as well and start from scratch again. I was trying to load an existing Mod'd Patch iso in Patcher and tact and just modify those to more of my liking, but it seems more than likely it won't work (so much wasted time...) But it's a learning experience lol. Thank you Elric, Toshiko, Xifanie, you guys have been great with not getting short with my ignorance, but I have learned a lot from your tutorials and answers. I got got down how to use the workbooks and asm hack them in finally, modifying sprites, and most of the Patcher (even tho I did try and cheat it) all thanks to your brilliance(s) 

3lric

No, you are going to need to scrap it anyway if you used .482 on tactext. Your fftpatcher file is different than the fftactext one. If you've used the newer version on your tactext then it's already ruined

I always edit tactext in notepad and patch with .457

Drunkard

August 07, 2015, 02:13:02 am #12 Last Edit: August 07, 2015, 03:51:47 am by Drunkard
How would you edit in notepad? oh, and are you using quicktext or each individual section?

3lric

You literally open the tactext file in notepad. lol

Ive never used quickedit. It's known to cause issues.

Drunkard

Takes more time but less chance of messing up? I got nothing but time lol Thanks again for the help. I figure if I have to start over I'll make sure all my sprites are perfected (never check the animations before and quite a few of their arms were off) first and go from there. Thx again