• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

May 11, 2024, 12:34:23 pm

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

Event Portraits

Started by LastingDawn, September 17, 2009, 12:24:20 pm

Sephirot24

September 22, 2009, 01:49:29 am #60 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Sephirot24
Then happy birthday to both of you!! :D
*turns on party flashy lights*

MiKeMiTchi

September 22, 2009, 02:23:39 am #61 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by MiKeMiTchi
Quote from: "jimmyjw88"You're most welcome Mike ^^
My birthday was just 3 days back. Haha. Went to celebrate, which is why off for 3 days. ^^

Wow. why didn't you said so!?
I went to my province for 2 days, too, to celebrate!

@sephi
Thanks!
Jot5 GFX Designer :: Spriter :: Mitchi

jimmyjw88

September 22, 2009, 02:31:45 am #62 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by jimmyjw88
Haha. Really? That's great ^^

And thanks Sephirot ^^

EDIT: Alright guys, about the Miluda portrait, any thoughts for her hair? ^^
Kindly upload the images to other image hosting sites. I can't view imageshack. Thanks.

MiKeMiTchi

September 22, 2009, 03:07:20 am #63 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by MiKeMiTchi
The 1st Miluda portrait is good. Maybe make the blood less saturated, so that it can be shaded with the darkest brown skin tone.

jimmyjw88

September 22, 2009, 05:08:32 am #64 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by jimmyjw88
Hmm...So use brown as another "blood" shade?

EDIT: Erm...Mind to show an example, Mike? ^^
I tried use a brown for blood but looks a bit weird. Hmm...
Kindly upload the images to other image hosting sites. I can't view imageshack. Thanks.

MiKeMiTchi

September 24, 2009, 07:16:12 am #65 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by MiKeMiTchi
What's left:

A backwards facing portrait of Lady Ruglia (Ramza's mother) - which I think is quite hard to do.
A commanding expressioned Zalbag - jimmy??
Horrified cadet Ramza

jimmyjw88

September 24, 2009, 11:49:34 am #66 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by jimmyjw88
Ohya...Sorry Mike. I'll work on that.

jimmyjw88

October 16, 2009, 09:43:38 am #67 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by jimmyjw88
It's been like forever, since my last updates due to my poor skills in making/editing portraits. Sorry about that.
Well, I've done Commanding Expression of Zalbag, though something looks abit odd. Hmm...
Anyway, here it is and does it look like command expression?

Also, I took a crack on backward facing portrait of Lady Ruglia. Though the hood's shading looks like a ghost face.

So now, what's left for the event portrait is Horrified Ramza?
Any other event portraits that you need, Sir LD (considering these two portraits fit) ^^

mav

October 16, 2009, 05:21:51 pm #68 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by mav
Zalbag needs a bit of work: his face is too intense and the mouth doesn't look real (I'm telling you, I really don't think I'll ever like the open mouths). The Ruglia portrait looks great, in my opinion. Good work Jimmy.

Zaen

October 16, 2009, 07:43:25 pm #69 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Zaen
The open mouths just isn't characteristic of FFT. It's more about the eyes and eyebrows, for anything.
"Oh, God!! The Hokuten!!" ~Guard, Sand Rat Cellar

Sephirot24

October 16, 2009, 09:12:35 pm #70 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Sephirot24
Opened mouth looks a little weird.. maybe because it's not too FFT style. I think there's not a single portrait with it's mouth opened.. but of course, I could be wrong.

That hidden Lady Ruglia looks really great!! The only thing I'd say is that because of the color of her hair and cape it's rather obvious that she's a White Mage. Maybe you could change the color of the hood to something like a light brown.. or whatever you desire.

Cheetah

October 16, 2009, 09:21:31 pm #71 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Cheetah
I feel like open mouths can work sometimes. Bring the mouth up one pixel and then soften up those angry eyebrows a bit. Also try one with a non-open mouth just to see how it would look.

Lady Ruglia is okay, but I think if you didn't know what it was supposed to be it might be a bit confusing. This might be a tall order, but maybe just the back of her head with the hood down would illustrate it more clearly.
Current Projects:

LastingDawn

October 16, 2009, 10:05:32 pm #72 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by LastingDawn
If a possibility, yes I meant to just use the White Mage as a sample of what I had meant, a backwards facing portrait. Regardless though it looks a bit too much of a White Mage, but that's my fault for not being clear enough.
"Moment's anger can revert to joy,
sadness can be turned to delight.
A nation destroyed cannot be restored,
the dead brought back to life."

Art of War

Beta & Gretchen Forever!!!!

Asmo X

October 16, 2009, 11:22:09 pm #73 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Asmo X
Wow, that is still pretty damn good Jimmy. I knew what it was immediately.

jimmyjw88

October 17, 2009, 12:36:26 am #74 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by jimmyjw88
Quote from: "mav"Zalbag needs a bit of work: his face is too intense and the mouth doesn't look real (I'm telling you, I really don't think I'll ever like the open mouths). The Ruglia portrait looks great, in my opinion. Good work Jimmy.
Yeah, that's why I said something looks odd. Haha. Probably because I done from scratch. As for the mouth, I know it didn't turn out right, but I actually like to see an open-mouth portrait in action, though like you said, none of them are working right now.
And thanks ^^

Quote from: "Zaen"The open mouths just isn't characteristic of FFT. It's more about the eyes and eyebrows, for anything.
Yeah, perhaps.

Quote from: "Sephirot24"Opened mouth looks a little weird.. maybe because it's not too FFT style. I think there's not a single portrait with it's mouth opened.. but of course, I could be wrong.

That hidden Lady Ruglia looks really great!! The only thing I'd say is that because of the color of her hair and cape it's rather obvious that she's a White Mage. Maybe you could change the color of the hood to something like a light brown.. or whatever you desire.
Yeah, it looks like just some dark shades in the mouth. Though if possible, I like to see open-mouth portrait, especially with such expression like commanding. As for the Lady Ruglia, I actually based on White Mage. Well, that's because Sir LD posted something like this:

and so, I just make it accordingly. Also, its not my desire but Sir LD's because they are going to be use in Mercenaries. So, what Sir LD requested, I'll try to make it possible ^^
And thanks Sephirot ^^

Quote from: "Cheetah"I feel like open mouths can work sometimes. Bring the mouth up one pixel and then soften up those angry eyebrows a bit. Also try one with a non-open mouth just to see how it would look.

Lady Ruglia is okay, but I think if you didn't know what it was supposed to be it might be a bit confusing. This might be a tall order, but maybe just the back of her head with the hood down would illustrate it more clearly.
Yeah, me too, Sir Cheetah. Hope that it could somehow work. Alright. I'll try. Thanks ^^
As for Lady Ruglia, I just make it according to Sir LD's reference/sample. Though bringing down her hood is a good idea. ^^

Quote from: "LastingDawn"If a possibility, yes I meant to just use the White Mage as a sample of what I had meant, a backwards facing portrait. Regardless though it looks a bit too much of a White Mage, but that's my fault for not being clear enough.
QuoteHmm, for Lady Ruglia I was thinking of something like this...

I based her from White Mage and the sample you posted previously. Though don't worry about it. Maybe hood down like Sir Cheetah mentioned could work? ^^
Or perhaps you could post a reference on what you have in mind, Sir LD? ^^

Quote from: "Asmo X"Wow, that is still pretty damn good Jimmy. I knew what it was immediately.
Thanks a lot, Asmo ^^

I'll try to work them again. Thanks a lot guys ^^

EDIT: Alright, I fixed Commanding Expression Zalbag's eyebrows and try fixing the mouth too, and non open-mouth.

First - Brought up one pixel and softhen the eyebrows

Second - Followed Sir Cheetah's Ramza Samples' mouth

Third - Non open-mouth

Though with the expression being "Commanding", I don't think non open-mouth will fit. I mean, commanding with closed mouth, odd. Haha. Though close-mouth does look better. Perhaps because none of the open-mouth attempts work.

mav

October 17, 2009, 01:04:46 pm #75 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by mav
Something about the angle of his face looks strange...Did you make any alterations to his actual face shape? His eyes and eyebrows are too slanted for where he's facing...

jimmyjw88

October 17, 2009, 01:12:44 pm #76 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by jimmyjw88
Erm, no, not really. I based him from Male Knight's portrait for straight angle, while his eyes and eyebrows are from Zalbag original portrait.

mav

October 17, 2009, 01:29:01 pm #77 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by mav
Here's my attempt:

As you can see, the less radical the edit, the more natural it looks. The more natural it looks, the less emotive it looks. There's a catch here--how intense should we make some of these more challenging portraits?

jimmyjw88

October 17, 2009, 10:56:47 pm #78 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by jimmyjw88
Ah yes, his eyebrows and his eyes look perfect. Very nice mav. ^^
I'll try it on my Zalbag attempt. Thanks ^^

Aquablack

October 24, 2009, 02:57:27 pm #79 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Aquablack
I tried my hand at the angry Zalbag portrait.  Though now that I think about it he seems more...annoyed? Dumbfounded? Mildy Surprised? Perhaps I should narrow the eyebrows more.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown