• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

May 09, 2024, 10:53:04 pm

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

Kagebunji's sprites- Moving on...

Started by Kagebunji, August 04, 2009, 02:29:37 pm

Kagebunji

Ozma/Harbringer concept for Parted Ways. Don't mention the hair, I will try to come up with something else(insert ideas here), but body is more or less done. As to the Ninja, I still have few arms left, one dead frame and charging frame, just so you know she isn't abandoned, heh.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

mav

Is the head aligned properly? I can't tell if it's been moved too far to our right or not. Maybe it's the arms that are throwing me off. If you can give her some custom hair, you'll be set.

Kagebunji

Yeah, head is aligned properly, it is probably her right arm that makes this feeling. I will mess with her right dot on chest too, make it one more pixel up. I have few ideas for hair, will post them later.

Kagebunji

Well, took a little more time than expected, but I managed to finish the Ninja with palettes and everything. Thanks for Twinees' and Mav' help on the portrait! Here is BMP in case spr doesn't work for you:

Wolfran

Congrats, Kage. I love this sprite is kinda simple but highly custom I'm gonna put in my game immediately.
Welcome to FFH were you can do things like...

Kagebunji

Thanks, make sure to tell me about errors if you find them, cause I only checked it in shishi.

Lijj

Alright!! It's done .. Thanks for making another great sprite.
  • Modding version: PSX

Kagebunji

Thanks to Celdie, the sword I did today could be inserted into FFT:

I only thought you can change WEP1 files(I thought only palettes were doable), but seems you can change formation items too. So for now I will be doing few items for Celdia, and maybe if someone requests I can do for other patches as well. The sword above was based on Sequence from FFTA(also looks similiar to Sealed Sword from FE6 now that I look at it, heh).

Kagebunji

Kagebunji

I was working on him since Tuesday(so much stuff to do since then made me release him today). I is portrait for Hector. Personally I feel it could be way better, especially the hair(doing hair SUCKS!). Tell me what you think about this.

Dome

"Be wise today so you don't cry tomorrow"

mav

The shading on the hair needs work. I'm not sure if it's cause of his bulky shoulders, but his head looks too small, for some reason.

Cheetah

Yeah the hair is too small, a general rule is that it all doesn't fit in the portrait. Texturing and shape also needs work, but that is tough.
Current Projects:

mav

Kage, you can fix this portrait up really nicely with a couple easy steps (or none, since I've done it for you--let me know if you want it). Make the face longer and wider by one pixel, make the neck longer by a pixel, and move his right eye to our right one pixel. The hair might not even need to be reshaded--just replace the lightest color with something a little less saturated and you might be set.

Kagebunji

Post it by all means Mav, I don't mind when someone helps me out, hehe. I will be waiting for it, sir.

Kagebunji

June 13, 2011, 11:33:20 am #1936 Last Edit: June 13, 2011, 11:53:22 am by Kagebunji
Twinees sent me a great update on his hair, so I am beginning the fusion, once it is done I will post it.

Also, I have a big request from Jimmy.

PLEASE DON'T UPLOAD USING IMAGESHACK, HE CANNOT VIEW IT THEN, AND ASKING ALL THE TIME TO REUPLOAD IS TIRESOME.

Just use our forum, tinypic or photobucket :D

EDIT: Ok, I fused it. I would use Twin's version right away, but he said palette got screwed, so I just copied the hair and used my armor(which got a little fixed, Xif pointed out it was not symetrical, now it is fixed I think). Also used my old palette, however with one change. Now it is voting time, either the version with highlight and little worse shading on armor, or the one without, with shading on armor unchanged, also posted Twin's version so you can compare etc.

Lijj

I vote for a modified version of the second one.
original:modified:
Changed about 8 pixels around and moved the right eye closer in.
  • Modding version: PSX

Tea

I suck at shading, but I moved his left eye 1 pixel more than Lijj's version. I think it looks better still.

Kagebunji

Nah, that looks unnatural. His face is pretty wide, if eyes were soo close to each other, it would looks weird, as can be seen above. For now I will stick with Lijj's fixes. I am also going to change few things here and there later.