• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

May 20, 2024, 04:46:35 am

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

How to make changes to Skill Sets??

Started by savantopus, April 05, 2013, 11:55:47 am

savantopus

Hello, can someone show me the thread discussing how to change unit Skill Sets so that all the skills will work? I'm changing unit Skill Sets using FFTPatcher but when selecting the skill in game they either not show up or not work properly. For example, I combined the Archer and Monk skillsets so that Archer's who have the Charge skill-set will also have the punch art abilities. However, when selecting the punch art abilities in-game they don't work properly, such as the Earth Slash only being selectable for the adjacent enemy rather than 8 squares away. Appreciate your help.
  • Modding version: PSX
Every word man speaks is a plagiarism.

Pride

you cannot add the charge abilities into a normal skillset. certain abitilies were only made to be handled under a specific action menus. the most you could do is design an ability similar to charge.
Check out my ASM thread. Who doesn't like hax?

scbw1234

i believe Items Draw-out are also unique in that way.

savantopus

Jumza

April 08, 2013, 10:00:33 am #4 Last Edit: April 08, 2013, 10:07:18 am by Jumza
You can mix skills from any skillset EXCEPT Geomancy, Throw, Charge, Math Skill, Item, Jump and Draw Out.
Nyzer: Alma teleports out of her own possessed body.
Raijinili: Remember that you're telling a modding community that the game they love could use some fixing.

savantopus

ok thank u Jumza. Wow it really helps having everyone here for help, saves time!