• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 04:58:50 am

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

Need help finding ASM Hackers (among others) for a project idea [ANSWERED]

Started by Zolias, December 07, 2015, 04:37:17 pm

Zolias

I have a project idea that I'm going to need help with, specifically with ASM Hacks.  I need someone who can do ASM Hacks for Roster (want 40 available, preferrably with the ability to swap locations with others), and for a new class similar to the math class, but without the tediousness of picking who gets hit, but also matches the spell's natural abilites.  Basically, a Blue Mage that has the ability to learn ALL Magics by either being hit by them or learning them from other classes. 

If any spriters, scripters, ASM Hackers and others wish to help, feel free to PM me.  I need all the help I can get.

My post is on this page:  http://ffhacktics.com/smf/index.php?topic=9202.msg212644#msg212644

It'll be done using WoTL as a base, and also removing all Multiplayer crap, if possible (except for a few Minerva Armors/Bustiers/whatever they're called here). 

(If a mod could place this in the ASM Hack section, or whichever one fits best for this post, I'd appreciate it)

Xifanie

Some important reading

Using WotL as a base is a TERRIBLE idea
Requesting anyone to help you out when you have nothing to show is a TERRIBLE idea
Starting a mod with the premise that people will do the work for you is a TERRIBLE idea

You might... want to change your perspective over the whole thing.
And we're always willing to teach people willing to learn. Doing everything for you is another matter entirely; you kinda have to prove yourself first before that.
  • Modding version: PSX
Love what you're seeing? https://supportus.ffhacktics.com/ 💜 it's really appreciated

Anything is possible as long as it is within the hardware's limits. (ie. disc space, RAM, Video RAM, processor, etc.)
<R999> My target market is not FFT mod players
<Raijinili> remember that? it was awful

Angel

And as I said in your other post: Nobody will ASM hack for WotL. If you want help with ASM, switch to PSX version as your base. If you insist on using WotL as a base, you're gonna need to learn to write ASM yourself, without also causing the game to fail catastrophically under its feeble emulation layer.

This really is the biggest point that needs to be made, far above gathering a team to help with productivity.
  • Modding version: PSX
* Angel should quit being a lazy bitch
<@Elric> I agree to that as well

nyanyame nyanyajuu nyanyado no nyarabide nyakunyaku inyanyaku nyanyahan nyanyadai nyannyaku nyarabete nyaganyagame
At the end of the day, are we not all trapped inside lemons?