• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 09:41:42 am

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

Help me with battle errors and character sprite questions please

Started by Pedro Henrike, August 08, 2019, 08:28:46 pm

Pedro Henrike

Hello, how are you? I'm "New" here and I have a lot of questions, but I'm currently stuck in two and would like to know if they can help me. Here's what, I'm trying to get Celia to appear as an ally in the "Dorter Trade City" Phase (I replaced Simon's Sprite with hers so she could join the team in the end). But when I enter the battle, my characters become blurred and I am aware that it is by the amount of allied character in the game, so to solve this mistake I only take ONE companion in this battle and I can play normally. So I would like to know how I can limit the amount of characters I can take in each phase, so that in this phase, I limit to only one, to avoid this mistake.

The second question is: Are all existing sprites on the main menu? Because I've seen a tutorial on how to create a new sprite, and it's particularly impossible for me right now. Or can I find more sprites over the internet?
  • Modding version: PSX

3lric

No, its because you are over the sprite limit. Only 9 unique sprites can be in a battle or event at a time, in the PSX version

Main menu? If you mean the home page, then no. Many are in the spritiny section, so you need to look around a bit.

Pedro Henrike

Quote from: Elric on August 08, 2019, 10:07:30 pm
No, its because you are over the sprite limit. Only 9 unique sprites can be in a battle or event at a time, in the PSX version

Main menu? If you mean the home page, then no. Many are in the spritiny section, so you need to look around a bit.

Oh yes, that explains it all, thank you very much!
Yes, I am referring to the sprites you create, class sprites, main characters (like Dante, Zelda, Link, etc ...)

3lric

Did you list 3 characters from Jot5 on purpose?

Yes, those are not on the home page

Pedro Henrike

Quote from: Elric on August 08, 2019, 11:55:19 pm
Did you list 3 characters from Jot5 on purpose?

Yes, those are not on the home page

I played Jot5 recently and I must say I loved it, it was just amazing, congratulations on the work! And no, I did not use any Sprites that appeared there, I am referring to Sprites created and posted here http://ffhacktics.com/sprites.php

3lric

Yeah I get what you meant, as i was saying, that page is not up to date at all. Youll need to go through the last few (5-10) pages of the sprite section of the forum to find anything made like, post 2013 or so.

And thank you!