• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

May 17, 2024, 01:33:11 am

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

Custom Jobs Archive

Started by tagtag, August 18, 2009, 07:41:25 pm

tagtag

August 18, 2009, 07:41:25 pm Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by tagtag
I looked all over the forum and didn't find a thread with a list of custom jobs people made so I created this topic to assemble such list.
The purpose is that if one plans on doing a patch (for personal use or otherwise) and is considering implementing a job like Blue Mage that others certainly already done, one would look in this forum for links to topics with people saying how they implemented the job, what didn't work and so on.

In fact, I'm looking for
A) Blue and Red Mages.
B) Dragoon with a skill set that has different skills besides Jump.
C) Ninja with more than "Throw X". (Or just a way to create a skill "Throw Anything").
D) Seers. (For those who never played FFTA2, Seers have some of the Black and White Magicks and most importantly, the ability to cast any of its skills  and follow it with a physical hit.)

So if anyone out there made such classes, please let us know

:wink:

Zozma

August 18, 2009, 07:51:12 pm #1 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Zozma
but custom jobs vary from patch to patch

i have four "seers" in my patch and they are 1 for each of the four main elements, (black magic thats not commonly accessible like wind and earth)
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
Wiegraf: Draw your sword Ramza!
Ramza: But im a monk!!

Skip Sandwich

August 18, 2009, 09:14:09 pm #2 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Skip Sandwich
Red Mages work in FFTA because the not every race can be every job, so if one race has a job that combines elements from two jobs that other races have access to, it works, but in FFT, you CAN be every job (except for bard/dancer and the special character jobs). Anyway, summon magic fills the tactical niche that red mages do already, with both offensive and supportive spells, only they have enhanced AoE compared to standard magic, instead of the red mage's doublecast ability.

Blue Mages are very easy to implement, since the mechanics are already in place and you don't have to do any fancy hacking or anything to get the whole 'learn on hit' deal, the only thing you can't do is make a 'learning' ability that lets you learn new blue magic when not actually a blue mage (in other words, the way the learn on hit ability works is that it only triggers if you are currently set as the same class that the skill you are trying to learn is for, so only a summoner can learn zodiac, and only ramza can learn ultima, and so on)

Lancers and Ninja are problematic, since their skillsets are hard-coded to work the way they do, you can't change them at all, our ASM people have been working on it, but I haven't heard much from them in a while, so if you really want it done now, I suggest you take up the practice, there are some tutorials here and there, I'll add some links later.

As for seer's, check out Zozma's Final Fantasy: Remix patch for those, they're all pretty badass. Anyway, as far as any other classes go, check out Mercenaries http://www.ffhacktics.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3512
 and the patch proposals idea's thread http://www.ffhacktics.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2214, people put idea scraps there all the time.
"Dave?  Are you there?"
"Yeah.  I can't get you through the cell now."
"You have to talk through the bratwurst from now on. I'm sorry. I didn't know it would do that."
http://www.johndiesattheend.com

tagtag

August 19, 2009, 07:20:46 pm #3 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by tagtag
Thanks for the replies.
I will check Zozma's patch ASAP.

Zozma

August 19, 2009, 08:07:43 pm #4 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Zozma
Wiegraf: Draw your sword Ramza!
Ramza: But im a monk!!

Skip Sandwich

August 26, 2009, 03:42:06 pm #5 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Skip Sandwich
I don't usually mess around with jobs much, but I do like monsters a lot, here is the work I did on the previous version of Symbols of Ruin, from the archive section of the forum  http://www.ffhacktics.com/forum/viewtop ... 08&start=0
"Dave?  Are you there?"
"Yeah.  I can't get you through the cell now."
"You have to talk through the bratwurst from now on. I'm sorry. I didn't know it would do that."
http://www.johndiesattheend.com

Apathy Man

August 27, 2009, 02:17:38 pm #6 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Apathy Man
Hi all,

I've done a great deal of hacks before, previously with a project using FF6. What I am going to try and do for FFT is modify some of the jobs already in the stock ISO, replacing them with some jobs from FFXI. Changes I'm planning on making:

Time Mage changed to Red Mage
Squire changed to Warrior
Chemist changed to Corsair
Calculator changed to Scholar
Oracle changed to Blue Mage
Knight changed to Paladin
Mediator changed to Beastmaster
Geomancer changed to Dark Knight

Wizard renamed to Black Mage
Priest renamed to White Mage
Lancer renamed to Dragoon
Archer renamed to Ranger

Of course the job level requirements, abilities, skillsets, attributes, and sprites will be modified. You will see that the only job from FFXI that will not be included is Puppetmaster, not only because I see no true way to "simulate" it in FFT, but because to me the job just sucks in general.

A quick question... I am having difficulty in finding in the editors any way to change the job names. Is there a simple (or difficult) way to be able to modify them? Thanks.
Consult my name, should you believe I truly care of what you think.

Vanya

August 27, 2009, 02:37:57 pm #7 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Vanya
FFTactText is the program that edits text in game. It comes with the newest FFTPatcher which is version 0.4**.
¯\(°_0)/¯

Apathy Man

August 27, 2009, 02:38:37 pm #8 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Apathy Man
Sweet, thanks!
Consult my name, should you believe I truly care of what you think.

Vanya

August 27, 2009, 02:39:43 pm #9 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Vanya
No problem! ^_^
¯\(°_0)/¯