• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

May 18, 2024, 05:26:42 pm

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

Add New Job

Started by Areli Azumi, February 01, 2015, 10:11:00 pm

Areli Azumi

February 01, 2015, 10:11:00 pm Last Edit: February 02, 2015, 03:36:24 am by Areli Azumi
Hi guys I'm a noob at modding since I just start this morning, I don't have any problems with sprite modding but I still doesn't have any idea on how to make a new learnable new job  :( Thank You :)

Xifanie

You can't; you have to replace an existing one. Mime is not really an option either because it doesn't have space for learning abilities, but otherwise there is a hack to make them like the other generic jobs.
  • Modding version: PSX
Love what you're seeing? https://supportus.ffhacktics.com/ 💜 it's really appreciated

Anything is possible as long as it is within the hardware's limits. (ie. disc space, RAM, Video RAM, processor, etc.)
<R999> My target market is not FFT mod players
<Raijinili> remember that? it was awful

Areli Azumi

Well that's too bad :( but I can insert new recruitable character with their own unique skill right?

Xifanie

Oh yes definitely, there are a bunch of unused job slots, and a few formation sprites slots left as well.

Use FFTPatcher to edit the jobs as you like, Shishi for the sprites, EVTGRP for the formation sprites.
  • Modding version: PSX
Love what you're seeing? https://supportus.ffhacktics.com/ 💜 it's really appreciated

Anything is possible as long as it is within the hardware's limits. (ie. disc space, RAM, Video RAM, processor, etc.)
<R999> My target market is not FFT mod players
<Raijinili> remember that? it was awful

DARKANGELUXZ

I wondered the same thing  ;)

Areli Azumi

Thanks :D Already download all those tool from ffhacktics :D I will ask about how to make new skill like transformation (I look at ffhacktics sprite and find wolf knight + werewolf and I want to make that knight can transform :D ) etc but I will post it in different post :)