• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

Garbled Ability Names in combat

Started by Goldmansack, July 07, 2023, 08:46:26 am

Goldmansack

I wanted to give this improvement a try and am trying to play on my Retroid 3. I patched the US iso of Tactics and am able to open and play the game fine, but the ability names font during combat for each class are garbled and very hard to read. I'm not sure if I did something wrong, or if this is a known issue that I haven't found any info on yet. All the other text I'm the game is fine, it's just the ability names before executing an action that are impacted.
  • Modding version: WotL

RetroTypes

Quote from: Goldmansack on July 07, 2023, 08:46:26 amI wanted to give this improvement a try and am trying to play on my Retroid 3. I patched the US iso of Tactics and am able to open and play the game fine, but the ability names font during combat for each class are garbled and very hard to read. I'm not sure if I did something wrong, or if this is a known issue that I haven't found any info on yet. All the other text I'm the game is fine, it's just the ability names before executing an action that are impacted.

What mod are you trying to play? And what did you use to patch it?
  • Modding version: PSX
  • Discord username: RetroTypes

Goldmansack

Quote from: RetroTypes on July 08, 2023, 04:27:21 amWhat mod are you trying to play? And what did you use to patch it?

I'm trying to play Tweak 2.51 (latest version I think) and I used PPF-o-Matic to patch my iso.

Tzepish

Do me a favor, download a program called HashCalc, open it, point it to your vanilla (unpatched ISO), and tell me the values it spits out for MD5, SHA1, and CRC32?

Also, what collection of optional patches are you using?
  • Discord username: Tzepish