• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 28, 2024, 10:35:16 am

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

Actual replaceable monsters?

Started by darkskyx, June 21, 2023, 10:59:28 pm

darkskyx

June 21, 2023, 10:59:28 pm Last Edit: September 09, 2023, 05:07:06 am by darkskyx
This may look like dumb questions but I didn't see it in the forum. There are many questions about dummied human units but none about dummied monsters that you can easily change without losing content.

I started to look sprites into Shishi and I saw 2 dragons. I watched the sprites and the palettes and everything is the same. Why is it like this?

I also saw that Bremondt uses another dragon but the sprite is a little different. And also I think it is coded as human because he uses skills. So maybe he is not a good option to be changed.

Now I ask myself... Can we use another unit (like an NPC) to be used as a monster or new boss? There is a list of hardcoded units? Those are the questions I ask myself. I prefer to ask before testing like a madman. I'm using the PSP version, btw.

Oh, and can we replace sprites number 00, 9B, 9C, 9D, 9E? Are those sprites really used for anything? Because it just looks like a black screen. And I don't mean as a unit you can use, since you can replace another usable unit. I mean if you could use those spaces as a way to add unobtainable new monsters/bosses there.
Edit: Nevermind... I found this comment on the FFTPatcher post: "These are blank and unusable with a size of 0 unless ISO is expanded."
Edit2: I'll try to replace Holy Dragon that is using an unused Dragon, by also swapping it with another monster so it could be used in your party.
  • Modding version: WotL

✪ Emergence 2 for PSP (EN/ES) - Play it now! ✪
A vanilla+ experience for PSP. Actual patch: 1.0+. More fixes in v1.1!
  • Discord username: darkskyx#9825