• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 09:54:30 am

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

Miscellaneous Tricks & Tips

Started by Lydyn, May 28, 2008, 05:39:55 pm

Lydyn

May 28, 2008, 05:39:55 pm Last Edit: November 28, 2008, 06:12:10 pm by Lydyn
Tricks of the Trade!
System: All
By Lydyn

Making Status Effect Permanent (Credits: Lasting_Dawn)
• Open FFT Patcher.
• Go to the Status Effects tab.
• Set any Status effect you want as permanent to CT: 00

Adding more than three skills to a Monster (Credits: Asmo_X)
• Open FFT Patcher.
• Go to an unused skillset (4D-66 is a good example).
• Add Whatever skills you want.
• Go to the monster you want to have those skills and set his skillset as the one you edited.
Note: The AI will use them perfectly.
• Also; "The monster one isn't perfect. The monster will also have access to the job wheel (and a level 0 chemist) which is laden with glitches. I think that setting the chemist requirement to lvl 1 or 2 squire will stop you from being able to change jobs but still. Kind of sucks. You can also adjust the items/RSM of the monster when they are in your party which is very non-monster."

Forcing custom skillsets and having enemies know all of the Skills (Credits: Voldemort7, Lasting_Dawn, & Zodiac)
• Open FFT Patcher.
• Go to the ENTD tab.
• Choose any battle and any enemy unit.
• Select the Primary Skillset and give them a skillset besides a generic unit's skillset (like 0A: White Magic).
• Ta-da! Now when in battle, that unit will know all the skills from the skillset choosen.
Note: A2: White Magic is not counted as a Generic skillset, so if you force any of those custom skillsets, the enemy with automatically know all the skills.
Note: This works for secondary as well.
Note: A1 doesn't work, however, but it's the only reported one not to work.

Making All-Ultima and related skills used more Often (Credits: Voldemort7)
• Open FFT Patcher.
• Go to the ability in question.
• See if "Random Hits" is checked.
• If so, uncheck it.
Note: Random Hits tells the AI that it may or may not hit the enemy, so it's used less often. On skills like All-Ultima, if unchecked, Altima will use it every time she can.

Make Transparent useful for Enemies (Credits: Lasting_Dawn) Warning: Doesn't work at the moment, sorry!
• Open FFT Patcher.
• Go to Transparent in the Status Effects tab.
• Check the "Ignore Attacks" box.

Non Breeding monster that can be given any (non-monster skillset) (Credits: Zozma)

Use one of the undead jobs; undead knight, undead oracle, undead summoner, undead archer, undead time mage, undead black mage.

They are all sealed jobs just like worker 8 or ultima demons, and if you set the right monster portrait and palette to the job then you have a glitch free monster in the menu as well.

Any given skills will use mp.

Limiting what monsters (with a monster skillset) can use based roughly on their level (Credits: Zozma)

Monsters will always have every skill learned. and no matter how much mp the skill cost they never consume mp, but they cannot use skills until they have enough max mp to match the spell's mp cost.

Example: If Fire 2 costs 12 mp to use and you give it to a goblin as part of its skillset, but the gobln only has like 10 mp, he won't be able to use it until he levels up some more, BUT, he will from that point on be able to cast it any time he wants. So monsters could actually get much more powerful other than just stats.

Step-up & Finisher Skills (Credits: Skip Sandwich & Vanya)

There are currently three known formulas that require that you either be able to inflict or cancel a status in order to function, these are Formula 0E (Death), Formula 35 (Revive) and Formula 0D (Raise, Raise 2). When you set any of these skills to inflict a status, the skill will automatically fail if the target is immune to that status, and will behave normally when the target is not immune.
When you set any of these skills to cancel a status, however, the skill will automatically fail unless the target possesses that status.

Example skills, all of which have been personally tested by me and work 100% as described.
Prime: adds Oil status to a target
+
Detonate: if the target has the oil status, detonate them, causing 100% max hp damage.

OR

Sleep: adds sleep to targets in area
+
Taipir: Summoned dream sprite causes sleeping allies to awaken fully healed.

OR

Dangerous Drug: fully heals target, but inflicts random negative status.

OR

Insulting Cut: carve your initials into your opponent, deals minisule damage (1% of max hp), but engrages opponent when it hits (adds berserk)

it should be noted that Formula's 35 and 0D also inflict status at 100% (when they hit), even though it does not say so in the patcher, and also that Formula 0E (Death), is hardcoded as healing undead and will not accept elemental flags, it will also always work against undead targets, regardless of what other statuses are set, if if the undead unit is immune to the status that you set Formula 0E to inflict.

Making Status end On Hit (Credits: BeoulveBlack & TheDamned) Warning: Doesn't work on "Wall," "Transparent," or "Dark/Evil Looking."!

"Checking FFTPatcher right (since I've had it constantly open for like three days; my poor computers) now shows me that the box BB is talking about is the fourth one below "Freeze CT" or, rather, the fifth box in the first column. I checked this against Sleep and Charm and both of those statuses also have the same mark, so that has to be it."

Using glitched classes successfully (Credits: Lasting_Dawn (for testing) )

There is a known problem is changing Item, Throw, Draw Out, Jump, & Geomancy can results in glitches. Changing the skills results in weapon ranged 00% hitting abilities, and changing the skillset results in the learned abilities being based off of the base (squire) learned skills.

However it's been tested by Lasting_Dawn (and I hear SentialBlade as well) that unique characters that are tied to unique base classes (such as Holy Knight, Hell Knight, etc.) are free from this glitch. This is mostly news for any patches that may exclude generics in the future (when one is able to remove the Solider Office), since then they have free reign  to change their classes as they see fit.

Making skills fire twice if you have Two Swords (Credits: Voldemort7)

It's actually quite simple. Just make sure the "Ranged Weapon" box is checked and the skill will fire twice if you have two swords. However, like anything, there's limitations. The targeting will be entirely dependant upon the first equipped weapon (meaning you cannot do area effects or linear attack, etc.), but otherwise it takes the damage, elements (I assume), CT & MP costs from the skill itself.

Making Flails & Axes not use the random formula (Credits: Lydyn)

This is a minor work-around. If you simply change the item type of Flails & Axes, it'll use whatever base formula for the item type (normal for swords, Brave for Katanas, etc.) however the graphic will need to be corrected otherwise it looks glitched.

- - - - - -

If there's a trick not listed here, just post it and I'll add it with credits. ^^

trickstardude7

May 28, 2008, 09:33:02 pm #1 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by trickstardude7
Well just for people to know transparent status I believe CANNOT be extended yet, but if someone can find the checkbox of which is when you make an action it is removed please post!

Asmo X

May 29, 2008, 12:46:10 am #2 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Asmo X
The monster one isn't perfect. The monster will also have access to the job wheel (and a level 0 chemist) which is laden with glitches. I think that setting the chemist requirement to lvl 1 or 2 squire will stop you from being able to change jobs but still. Kind of sucks. You can also adjust the items/RSM of the monster when they are in your party which is very non-monster.

Worker 8 is great though. You can force anything on him and he will retain it when he joins your party. He will also have the monsters' inability to mess about with items/RSM/Secondaries. I would like to find out what allows him to use a "normal" skillset while keeping those monster properties. It really is the best solution to all of this.

Edit: Also, that transparent trick doesn't work. It's been tested.

Vanya

May 29, 2008, 08:38:01 am #3 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Vanya
Quote from: "Asmo X"The monster one isn't perfect. The monster will also have access to the job wheel (and a level 0 chemist) which is laden with glitches. I think that setting the chemist requirement to lvl 1 or 2 squire will stop you from being able to change jobs but still. Kind of sucks. You can also adjust the items/RSM of the monster when they are in your party which is very non-monster.

Worker 8 is great though. You can force anything on him and he will retain it when he joins your party. He will also have the monsters' inability to mess about with items/RSM/Secondaries. I would like to find out what allows him to use a "normal" skillset while keeping those monster properties. It really is the best solution to all of this.

Edit: Also, that transparent trick doesn't work. It's been tested.

Still it is useful for custom bosses and new enemies that can't be invited..
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
¯\(°_0)/¯

Archael

May 29, 2008, 11:03:02 am #4 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Archael
Damn transparrent issue!

There has to be a way to make it work >_>

LastingDawn

May 29, 2008, 12:43:35 pm #5 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by LastingDawn
What's the transparent issue? When you act it fades off anyhow.
I know you can make it invulnerable to attack as well, so it stays fair to both the AI and Player.
"Moment's anger can revert to joy,
sadness can be turned to delight.
A nation destroyed cannot be restored,
the dead brought back to life."

Art of War

Beta & Gretchen Forever!!!!

Archael

May 29, 2008, 01:00:17 pm #6 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Archael
Quote from: "LastingDawn"What's the transparent issue? When you act it fades off anyhow.
I know you can make it invulnerable to attack as well, so it stays fair to both the AI and Player.

?????

LastingDawn

May 29, 2008, 01:23:57 pm #7 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by LastingDawn
Ahem... my mistake, the unit must have also had Wall the same time it had Transparency, but is that an alternative? Making Transparent and Wall the same CT should make it work.

Art of War

Lydyn

October 20, 2008, 11:52:48 am #8 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Lydyn
Reviving an old topic here ... I may just add this to my own guides so people can see this, but has anyone figured out the Transparent issue? I'm assuming from what I read here that Transparent does not ignore attacks, even if the box is checked?

Archael

October 20, 2008, 12:05:36 pm #9 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Archael
right

no one's figured it out yet

Zozma

October 20, 2008, 03:37:13 pm #10 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Zozma
Non Breeding monster that can be given any (non-monter skillset):

Use one of the undead jobs undead knight, undead oracle, undead summoner, undead archer, undead time mage, undead black mage.

they are all sealed jobs just like worker 8 or ultima demons so you cant access the job wheel with them and if you set the right monster portrait and palette to the job then you have a glitch free monster in the menu as well.

Limiting what monsters (with a monster skillset) can use based roughly on their level:

Monsters will always have every skill learned. and no matter how much mp the skill cost they never consume mp.
but they cannot use skills untill they have enough max mp to match the spell's mp cost.

example: If Fira costs 12 mp to use and u give it to a golbin as part of its skillset, but the gobln only has like 10 mp, he wont be able to use it untill he levels up some more, BUT, he will from that point on be able to cast it any time he wants. so monsters could actually get much more powerful other than just stats upon a level up.

Generic Special Jobs (enemy only):

In each special job, any job for that matter, you always have the option to put a M.Portrait, and M.Graphic.... well on human units this doesnt seem to do anything, however, in ENTD editor if you make a unit have 82 "monster" selected as the sprite type and then Set the job that you have an assigned M.Portrait for, it will look like whatever sprite you assigned.

Example: you want to use ramza's Chapter 4 job making it look like a generic male monk. make sure the jobs m portrait it set to '68'

in ENTD editor make the unit's sprite set to Monster
make the job set to squire (ramza Chapter 4)

instead of looking like ramza chapter 4 it will look like a generic male monk.

you cannot let these characters join, they will be buggy in the menu
(very buggy)

[Im not taking credit for this last one, someone else told me about it]
Wiegraf: Draw your sword Ramza!
Ramza: But im a monk!!

Skip Sandwich

October 30, 2008, 08:22:32 am #11 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Skip Sandwich
Setup + Finisher skills
There are currently three known formulas that require that you either be able to inflict or cancel a status in order to function, these are Formula 0E (Death), Formula 35 (Revive) and Formula 0D (Raise, Raise 2). When you set any of these skills to inflict a status, the skill will automatically fail if the target is immune to that status, and will behave normally when the target is not immune.
When you set any of these skills to cancel a status, however, the skill will automatically fail unless the target possesses that status.

Example skills, all of which have been personally tested by me and work 100% as described.
Prime: adds Oil status to a target
    +
Detonate: if the target has the oil status, detonate them, causing 100% max hp damage.

OR

Sleep: adds sleep to targets in area
   +
Taipir: Summoned dream sprite causes sleeping allies to awaken fully healed.

OR

Dangerous Drug: fully heals target, but inflicts random negative status.

OR

Insulting Cut: carve your initials into your opponent, deals minisule damage (1% of max hp), but engrages opponent when it hits (adds berserk)

it should be noted that Formula's 35 and 0D also inflict status at 100% (when they hit), even though it does not say so in the patcher, and also that Formula 0E (Death), is hardcoded as healing undead and will not accept elemental flags, it will also always work against undead targets, regardless of what other statuses are set, if if the undead unit is immune to the status that you set Formula 0E to inflict.
"Dave?  Are you there?"
"Yeah.  I can't get you through the cell now."
"You have to talk through the bratwurst from now on. I'm sorry. I didn't know it would do that."
http://www.johndiesattheend.com

LastingDawn

October 30, 2008, 12:02:40 pm #12 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by LastingDawn
Very interesting Skip Sandwish... quite unique in their execution, perhaps one could make a complete class dedicated to these oddities?

Art of War

Skip Sandwich

October 30, 2008, 01:21:50 pm #13 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Skip Sandwich
I first was made aware of these from Vanya and the Medic class he was working on. The above is simply the complete results of my personal experimentation. The next things I intend to test are the effects of multiple statuses on the formulas, specifically if you set the skill to cancel multiple statuses, will it require that one or all of those statuses be present in order to function. right now I belive that it'd be one, but I haven't tested it, so I don't know for sure. i'll also test for multi-status infliction as well, while i'm at it.
"Dave?  Are you there?"
"You have to talk through the bratwurst from now on. I'm sorry. I didn't know it would do that."

Vanya

October 30, 2008, 01:58:46 pm #14 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Vanya
I can answer that for you. Only 1 of the statuses being canceled is required for it to work. =)
¯\(°_0)/¯

Skip Sandwich

October 30, 2008, 02:43:45 pm #15 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Skip Sandwich
coolness, saves me some time and effort
"Dave?  Are you there?"

bamseyboy

November 07, 2008, 02:54:04 pm #16 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by bamseyboy
QuoteGeneric Special Jobs (enemy only):

In each special job, any job for that matter, you always have the option to put a M.Portrait, and M.Graphic.... well on human units this doesnt seem to do anything, however, in ENTD editor if you make a unit have 82 "monster" selected as the sprite type and then Set the job that you have an assigned M.Portrait for, it will look like whatever sprite you assigned.

Example: you want to use ramza's Chapter 4 job making it look like a generic male monk. make sure the jobs m portrait it set to '68'

in ENTD editor make the unit's sprite set to Monster
make the job set to squire (ramza Chapter 4)

instead of looking like ramza chapter 4 it will look like a generic male monk.

I don't really understand this... I want to make it work but it's kinda unclear. What are the exact changes I would have to make if I wanted to turn Lezales from Orbonne/the First Battle into a Holy Knight with the same sprite?

Lydyn

November 07, 2008, 04:44:28 pm #17 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Lydyn
Yeah, I'm not entirely sure what it means either. =/

Skip Sandwich

November 07, 2008, 06:15:20 pm #18 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Skip Sandwich
In the tab where you can edit a job's stat growths/multipliers, equipment options and innate status and elemental properties, at the bottom of the stat editing part, there are three more things you can edit, called M.Portrait, M.Graphic, and M.Palette, which allow you to set what sprite, portrait, and pallette are used when the unit with that job has "Monster" set as their sprite type in the ENTD editor.
"Dave?  Are you there?"

Zozma

November 07, 2008, 06:54:52 pm #19 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Zozma
thanks skip,

so if you want lezales to be a holy knight, that looks like a generic male knight, find one of the holy knihgts , weigraf, agrias whatever, and assign that mportrait. any time you use that job in ENDT editor with the sprite set as "Monster" the holy knight will look like the generic knight.

there is also another thing you can do. instead of "monster" you can set the sprite tab to the sprite number for generic male knight or whatever else. and set the job to holy knight. the only thing here is you cant use sprites past a certain number. also they can never be used to join you because it will be nothing but a big glitch in menu.
Wiegraf: Draw your sword Ramza!
Ramza: But im a monk!!