• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

Official Sprite Request Section (Rarely fulfilled)

Started by Zozma, October 04, 2008, 11:30:04 pm

theultrawolf

November 21, 2015, 09:22:09 am #1400 Last Edit: November 21, 2015, 11:42:52 am by theultrawolf
Yeah no, the blue shows up wayyyy too strongly and it just looks mismatched and...wrong. I suppose it could shift from a light blue into like a whitish color, but that still might be stretching it.

And no yeah I highly suspected that would be the case. You would have to remove so much for it to even be viable. I don't even really think you could do that on the PSP unless it was added the way the Onion Knight/Dark Knight were, but even then the PSP iso is actually smaller in size than the PSX iso if I remember correctly (At least it is when compressed)
  • Modding version: PSX & WotL

Angel

PSX: 516 MB (342 MB compressed)
PSP: 399 MB (249 MB compressed)

Huh, never realized. TIL.
  • Modding version: PSX
* Angel should quit being a lazy bitch
<@Elric> I agree to that as well

nyanyame nyanyajuu nyanyado no nyarabide nyakunyaku inyanyaku nyanyahan nyanyadai nyannyaku nyarabete nyaganyagame
At the end of the day, are we not all trapped inside lemons?

theultrawolf

It makes no sense. Especially with the videos being the way they are...eh, it's probably all compressed within the ISO itself

Angel

That and many older CD-based games are bloated in such a way as to structure the data so that loading times are shorter.

nyanyame nyanyajuu nyanyado no nyarabide nyakunyaku inyanyaku nyanyahan nyanyadai nyannyaku nyarabete nyaganyagame

Lockeadon

November 25, 2015, 07:26:01 am #1404 Last Edit: November 25, 2015, 08:46:23 am by Lockeadon
i would like to see kefka in god form, would make a good special character. kos-mos would also be great, or a mystic knight (sorta  already exists, but only one gender?) some sort of angel who isn't glitchy like ultima/altima would also be great, oh, and lest i forget, a vampire (ala bravely default or suikoden's sierra micain, or even dracula from castlevania) i'd also like to see spell fencer sprites

Xifanie

Quote from: Lockeadon on November 25, 2015, 06:47:56 am
i didn't ask for any! though i guess technically i'm not really new either! existing sprites had everything i wanted anyway, and i'd rather learn how to make them rather than badgering people. this topic sure seems to have been proven since then. o.o

Isn't it a bit hypocritical to say how proud you are of never making a sprite request only to make six just now?
Love what you're seeing? https://supportus.ffhacktics.com/ 💜 it's really appreciated

Anything is possible as long as it is within the hardware's limits. (ie. disc space, RAM, Video RAM, processor, etc.)
<R999> My target market is not FFT mod players
<Raijinili> remember that? it was awful

Lockeadon

who said i was proud of it. and i was just suggesting sprites i think would be cool, the only one that would be useful for my patch is the vampire one, but alucard works well enough for that.

Lockeadon

saying i didn't ask for something isn't the same as saying i'm proud of not asking. the sprites that already exist are plenty for nearly anything, and why would i want to put vastly different character sprites in my patch specifically? i just suggested some that haven't been made that i think would be cool/useful for projects

theultrawolf

OKAY HERE'S SOMETHING MAYBE YOU GUYS WOULD LIKE TO DO IDK AT LEAST I PROVIDE A FRAME AND HEY YOU CAN CHANGE IT AS YOU LIKE BUT I WAS WORKING ON THIS FOR A LITTLE WHILE BUT THE GAME SHE'S FROM (Elena, from Hoshigami) IS THE MOST EXHAUSTING THING EVER.

Yes I know it's all in caps, that's to show how frustrating that game really is.

theultrawolf

I know I post a lot in here, and I'm also very aware that posting here doesn't mean anything, but for the most part I'm just bringing up ideas. But this one would be really, really great, since we don't have any sprites like this.

Rey, from the new Star Wars movie. I found some anime-ish pictures that might make it easier to figure out which FFT portraits to use, along with the sprite itself.

Angel

I'd just frankenstein together Rafa and Balmafula, make the hair darker, and you'd be at least 90% there, not counting the portrait.

theultrawolf

Something like this maybe?

Angel

Already not a bad likeness! I'd taper off the pant legs and give her more sleeves, but that's not a bad start at all.

theultrawolf

Angel

Looking good! I'd go a little less baggy on the legs still, but I think the arms are looking pretty much like they should.

theultrawolf

Here's yet another update (I want to get most of it right before I work on the sprite for realsies)

3lric

December 31, 2015, 03:04:35 am #1417 Last Edit: December 31, 2015, 03:21:05 am by Elric
Well, since you clearly ignored my PM, I'll just put this here..

QuotePlease move your sprite to your spriting thread. The request thread is for just that, not critiques.

Thank you.

theultrawolf

Black Knight Egroj

Does anyone here have the sprites of the black and onion knights of 1.3?
-Wait a minute, did you just summon a bunch of monsters in one turn?
-Yes, so?
-That is against the rules isn't it?
-Screw the rules I have money!!