• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 23, 2024, 04:49:02 pm

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

FFT PSX Skillsets of base jobs learn abilities incorrectly, solution?

Started by Talcall, February 06, 2020, 03:39:00 am

Talcall

I'm trying really hard to replace the Archer's "charge" skillset with another, (as I've replaced the archer job with a survivalist) because I went though the endeavour of simply replacing the skills inside and that ended up failing; the charge abilities showed up unchanged even though i made edits to the skillset and action menu.
So, i made archer use 1F, Algus' basic skills, (and made him simply use generic squire skills) But what resulted is archer/survivalist not being able to use any skills the job had actually learnt; the abilities that were usable were actually mirrors of what the unit learnt in the squire job (learning the skill in the second place of squire resulted in the ability in the second place of archer being usable in battle, however any abilities learnt actually by archer were unusable in battle)
I was wondering if there was a solution to either of these problems, or if I perhaps just made a mistake when replacing skills for the archer's charge and it actually is possible

Thanks!  :)
  • Modding version: PSX & WotL
""The only thing more hardcoded than FFT, is more FFT."
    - A wise man"
       - Talcall
  • Discord username: Talcall

Xifanie

Yeah, you can't change the skillset ID on generic jobs on PSX. They patched it in WotL though.

If you want to make it work on PSX, non-standard generic skillsets require you to change the "Action Menus" (FFTPatcher tab) to <Default> and sometimes it also requires to do the with my Skillset Behaviours hack... I always forget which skillsets require it and which don't.
  • Modding version: PSX
Love what you're seeing? https://supportus.ffhacktics.com/ 💜 it's really appreciated

Anything is possible as long as it is within the hardware's limits. (ie. disc space, RAM, Video RAM, processor, etc.)
<R999> My target market is not FFT mod players
<Raijinili> remember that? it was awful

Nyzer

At least in WotL, there never seemed to be a problem switching out the archer action menu. Can't say I ever tried in PSX though.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

Talcall

I changed the charge skillset to <default> so I may need to use that hack you're talking about... Can it be found in asmorg or elsewhere on the site?
Edit: I'm going to try again with a clean ISO, Setting Archer charge to <default> In the action menus. I'll report back in another thread if that doesn't work. until then, this can be marked as solved
  • Modding version: PSX & WotL
""The only thing more hardcoded than FFT, is more FFT."
    - A wise man"
       - Talcall
  • Discord username: Talcall

Xifanie

• Modding version: PSX
Love what you're seeing? https://supportus.ffhacktics.com/ 💜 it's really appreciated

Anything is possible as long as it is within the hardware's limits. (ie. disc space, RAM, Video RAM, processor, etc.)
<R999> My target market is not FFT mod players
<Raijinili> remember that? it was awful