• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 15, 2024, 11:55:07 pm

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

Story Discussion

Started by Zozma, February 07, 2009, 01:42:42 pm

Zozma

February 15, 2009, 10:34:39 pm #60 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Zozma
but if you died then another character would have to take on the earth abilities! otherwise id have a party imbalance XD
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
Wiegraf: Draw your sword Ramza!
Ramza: But im a monk!!

DarthPaul

February 15, 2009, 10:37:20 pm #61 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by darthpaul
Oh ho no this is a quagmire.
Oh pitiful shadow lost in the darkness, bringing torment and pain to others. Oh damned soul wallowing in your sin, perhaps...it is time to die

Zozma

February 15, 2009, 10:51:17 pm #62 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Zozma
i don wanna make ppl have to die, i dont have enough events to kill off that many ppl haha... tho it would be interesting showing the powers being passed on. but u don wanna die now do ya?

Zozma

February 16, 2009, 03:47:28 am #63 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Zozma
Okay, I will be making an attempt to further organize a list of all the story events so that you all will be able to see where this patch is going (storywise)

bear in mind that not everything in the story will change. some places will be significantly different while others seem almost exactly the same. And i will tell you right now that I am completely uncertain if this will be compatible with the psp version. But on the safe side, don't plan on that just yet.

DarthPaul

February 16, 2009, 10:45:29 pm #64 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by darthpaul
Quote from: "Zozma"i don wanna make ppl have to die, i dont have enough events to kill off that many ppl haha... tho it would be interesting showing the powers being passed on. but u don wanna die now do ya?

It honestly doesn't bother me as I have the personality traits of the tragic side character. (Or so I'm told)
Oh pitiful shadow lost in the darkness, bringing torment and pain to others. Oh damned soul wallowing in your sin, perhaps...it is time to die

Zozma

February 16, 2009, 10:50:40 pm #65 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Zozma
oh hell, it would be hard to find another earth user anyway... maybe ill kill off mustadeo lol... naw i think its all good.

DarthPaul

February 17, 2009, 11:20:07 am #66 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by darthpaul
.........You could have a Sephiroth level......and kill off Aeris.........please don't hurt me!

Zozma

February 17, 2009, 02:24:51 pm #67 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Zozma
lol, aeris has been murdered enough times already

DarthPaul

February 17, 2009, 02:35:22 pm #68 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by darthpaul
Lol it was just a suggestion to be funny. Also it would piss off fanboys.

Zozma

February 17, 2009, 08:25:49 pm #69 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Zozma
she even got murdered again in fft in a spoof done by Zodiac :( poor girl really drew the short end of the stick didn't she.

Zozma

February 19, 2009, 02:11:42 am #70 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Zozma
okay so gariland magic city, ive pretty much put filler text here for now.

Also, the results of the new text editor <3

LastingDawn

February 19, 2009, 04:11:43 pm #71 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by LastingDawn
If I may suggest a bit of dialogue for him, at this point. Keep in mind by this point he has to be passive aggressive. His character is a spurned man, he is also though a noble. Definitely has no love for teaching, but is ordered to by the crown, also he is lucky to have any job after the war. He may have an unabating hatred for Ramza, no one would think he would out right try to get them killed though. Though perhaps this can lend even more room for his character... do we want to make him do anything for fame?

For instance, the tired and deranged thieves could have been lured in by Vicks.

Thief: Wha? What's this?! Our informant had said this portion of the city was bereft of soldiers!

Vagrant: They're just kids though! We can push through.

Rogue: No, look over there...

Vicks: I am Vicks Guranden* of Fovoham! Do you know who you threaten? It matters not! Prepare to meet your end, rogues! Know you die by my hand!

Ramza: I've never seen Master Vicks so heated. What do you think of this Delita? With a renowned man such as Master Vicks there's no chance for defeat.

Delita: Something's wrong here... I just can't put my finger on it, but...

Rogue: We've been lured in! This has been a trap from the very beginning!

Thief: Hold tight my men! We've been dealt some bad luck today, but all we have to do is break through this commander, then we can regroup with the other's in Mandalia. Surely Gustav's plans must be coming to a close.

Vagrant: Am-Am I prepared to die for this?!
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Set Vicks AI to attack the leader, then play off of that)

Thief: To die a noble death... is all we can so desire.

Vicks: Vicks Guranden has defeated the enemy commander!

Vicks: This rabble is insignificant, surely you must be able to defeat even these fools, Beoulve.

Ramza: Th-this many Master Vicks?

Vicks:Their leader is dead and their spirit crushed. You don't deserve to be among soldiers if you can't defeat them. I will be awaiting you and our comrades in the Military Academy.  
(Runs off, locks the door)

Delita: Hold fast Ramza! They have only become enraged at the loss of their leader! That bastard! He...

Ramza: Quiet Delita! Master Vicks has left the situation in our hands. We will persevere, somehow...

(Three more thieves come running in)

Vagabond: We' been promis'd the key to this city! Gariland, is now the propa'ty of ta Death Corps!

Delita: More of them?! Ramza enough is enough! Someone has manipulated these villians into infiltrating the city!

Ramza:...

(Battle ensues, they miraculously hold off the forces)

Ramza: Though they were thieves, they were people as well... I cannot help but feel remorse for their plight... Delita, let us report to Master Vicks, with this our assignment is finished.
--------------------------------------------------------

It is not blatantly obvious, that Vicks was the one who lured them into Gariland with promises of refuge, but it is semi hinted that he did call them in for a double purpose.

1. Notice that he stays only until the enemy commander falls (thus making himself the hero of the battle)

2. To watch Ramza and his personal unit suffer defeat. If Ramza did survive the battle his self-esteem would be so tarnished he would never try to raise an army again. Once Ramza had failed and his rendevous with Monica was finished, he would round up the Knights in the seperate parts of the city and drive out the invading Death Corps. Thus hoping to promote himself to replace the "incompotent" Guard Captain (which in truth he had told just that day to not place his guards in that section of the city, as the Cadets will be performing a "mock battle".

Is this a bit much, Zozma?
"Moment's anger can revert to joy,
sadness can be turned to delight.
A nation destroyed cannot be restored,
the dead brought back to life."

Art of War

Beta & Gretchen Forever!!!!

Zozma

February 20, 2009, 06:31:04 am #72 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Zozma
not too much at all!

so I managed to fit every last bit of your opening dialog in. i even threw in the special eventchr animation of one of the generic squires.

whew! my goodness it took hours to get the "Start" of this event finished.
i havent even gone back to fix the mid event where he leaves! i guess thats tonights task.

Novalon

February 21, 2009, 08:19:18 pm #73 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Novalon
I'm impressed every time I see editing of this fashion completed.

You know it's effective when it looks like it should have been in the game all along!

Zozma

February 21, 2009, 08:52:39 pm #74 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Zozma
Thanks! its one of my goals to try to make things look like they belong. other than the obvious wild hair colors some of the characters have i suppose lol...

Smitson

February 22, 2009, 12:35:38 am #75 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Smitson
Quote from: "ph33rb0t"UPDATE: I though I found a way to increase the size of the roster but it ended in some very screwy results so that idea was trashed and I'm now working on another one.

Wow that would be amazing. So, Ramza reports to Vick and he ends up killing Algus? So he's kind of like Zalbaag and Dycedarg? Or am I misunderstood?

Zozma

February 22, 2009, 02:12:37 am #76 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Zozma
something like that, jealous of Ramza, who he has been forced to train, and having a need to impress Dycedarg and Zalbag he follows the order to put an end to the death corps.

Smitson

March 14, 2009, 02:49:12 pm #77 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Smitson
If Zalbaag doesn't do it, have you thought about letting one of his other brothers order the shot? Personally, I felt one of the main reasons Ramza was pissed off was because his brother ordered the shot and betrayed him.

Zozma

March 14, 2009, 11:06:23 pm #78 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Zozma
im not quite sure weather to leave zalbag to give the order and have ramza forgive him later, or put someone else, but dycedarg probably wouldnt be able to be there for other reasons so im not sure who.

SilvasRuin

March 15, 2009, 12:14:32 am #79 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by SilvasRuin
Eh, I think part of the reason Ramza left his family behind when going merc was because of the betrayal by his family.  Their coldness about Teta should be worked in somehow if his leaving is to make sense in this one.  Unless you are making bigger changes to the plot than I thought, as that was a crucial plot point.