• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 10:22:32 pm

Custom Units?

Started by MysticKnightFF5, February 28, 2012, 04:22:30 pm

MysticKnightFF5

Will custom units be implemented? How will it be implemented, if so?
How would you go about editing it, would it be a map editor sort of deal like starcraft where you open a menu and edit the parameters? What about application? I imagine I don't wanna play with someone who has rigged out units unless it's supposed to be that way, so will the players choose the "unit sets" they use before the map selection?

lirmont

I don't think this has been decided yet for a final release. There are functions to generate random units for each player at the moment. We're still missing a huge piece without a finished database design, and that's on me. I've taken a large amount of time away from design and put it into creating the control panel application so that parts that exist in the work-in-progress design can be seen/heard/edited/controlled/etc. Once the database has space in it to properly store character data, there probably will be a decision about whether you get custom units or not. I think you can expect to see several modes. In one, you might have a level-balanced mode where 2+ players/teams/groups duke it out evenly. In another, you might not have a level-balanced mode where 2+ players/teams/groups face no power/ability scaling. We have the ability to do that scaling already.

MysticKnightFF5

Sounds good, and may I also suggest a mode where you CHOOSE everyone's ability/level scaling (I can see it now...a level 100 knight taking on 20 level 25 units)