• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 06:19:01 am

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

♈ ♉ ♊ ♋ FFT Arena♌ ♍ ♎ ♏ AI Tournament Season 4 ♐ ♑ ♒ ♓

Started by Barren, June 11, 2015, 08:36:46 am

Mudvayne

Rouroni:
2x mimed bahamuts from two casting units? Uh oh. That can be some scary potential damage. Not sure how I feel about my choice of not including a mime in my team yet :P

Shintroy

High Speed, Status/Disruption team vs Summon Mime
Silentkaster has the advantage on paper, but Mimic Bahamut can OHKO units and even teams in the right conditions. It's going to come down to silentkaster KOing one of Rouroni's units to pile on damage and keep momentum for the rest of the match. I don't bet against mime, but this looks hard a hard match up for Rouroni.

Round 1 - There's almost no coming back from a sandbag loop for Rouroni due to the speed advantage.

Round 2 - Small Map? Bahamut x3? COUNTER MAGIC? Intense round. The mime's superior mobility was too much for the scholar at the end. It was a good thing it was the Steal mime and not the Talk Skill mime.

Round 3 - Pretty even start due to counter Bahamut. Rouroni's mimic Moogle made him recover faster due to mimic being instant. Rouroni kept momentum for the rest of the match surprisingly. Not sure why the thief chose to steal accessory over melee attacking. Maybe the AI recognizes spell mimickry? It wass over after the mediator went down. Followed by more Moogle?

GG. silentkaster's team was a lot more RNG reliant with counter magic and talk skill landing. 100% Nonelemental damage x3 was having none of that. Scary stuff. Count one for the mimes

Status Ranged/Melee vs Ranged/Melee team
Even with the chemist not having a secondary skill, the advantage goes to fattyzilla due to his team having a better strategy more effect status effects. No use for innocent on either team it seems. Moonlight would've been better on a 465(?) HP paladin with counter too. We'll see though.

R1 - This map's going to make things interesting. Whoever gets pushed past the chokepoint will definitely win this round. Slowly but surely fattyzilla does it by taking out that platina dagger paladin. No revival on Fanatic's team ends this as quickly as this map can be.

R2 - Quick round. A fine display of status against a team with no answers for it.

GG. I like the Kagasougi blaze gun Monk a lot. Too bad he couldn't do much on the first map.

Good stuff.
I think your team has the potential to pull off a DomieV this year. It definitely went out like DomieV by losing to a heavy caster team. Looking forward to your many many many losers bracket matches.
Some day my people will be free.

dw6561

The teams so far seem well designed, I can't wait to see how they do. Congratulations to Rouroni Elmdor and Fattyzilla, and good luck to silentkaster and Fanatic in the loser's bracket!

Also, good job on your team, Rouroni! The mimicked Bahamuts really caused some damage. I hope my team can stand up to that, but it was so epic that I wouldn't really care if I lost.
  • Modding version: PSX
This is FF Tactics. All the Tactics you can ever have, all in one byte.

Jumza

Wowowow! Excellent first rounds guys!

So intense. So many Dragons. So much mime awesomeness.

Slightly drawn out, but still a good match. I really thought that Fanatic would take it after I saw the monk doing 400+ damage, but his team just didn't prioritize damage at all.
Nyzer: Alma teleports out of her own possessed body.
Raijinili: Remember that you're telling a modding community that the game they love could use some fixing.

StarRacer

Quote from: Jumza on June 12, 2015, 07:01:18 pm
Wowowow! Excellent first rounds guys!

So intense. So many Dragons. So much mime awesomeness.

Slightly drawn out, but still a good match. I really thought that Fanatic would take it after I saw the monk doing 400+ damage, but his team just didn't prioritize damage at all.

No joke too, what, was there like 10-20 bahamets? i couldn't track xD jumza, good luck to you and red, i'm a bit fearful, whoever wins is whom i gotta face.. o-O'
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
"Be who you are, not who people tell you to be."

"A thousand smiles are worth more then a room full of gold."

"If treasures are so valuable, why not feelings?"

Jumza

I wouldn't worry too much. My team is... A thing that exists. Not sure I'd describe it any other way. I don't have a setup to test with efficiently right now, so I thought I'd throw a few random things together and see what happened. I wouldn't be surprised if Red World and whoever I face in the losers bracket just pull the rug out from under me and toss me out of the tourney :P
Raijinili: Remember that you're telling a modding community that the game they love could use some fixing.

StarRacer

Quote from: Jumza on June 12, 2015, 07:28:07 pm
I wouldn't worry too much. My team is... A thing that exists. Not sure I'd describe it any other way. I don't have a setup to test with efficiently right now, so I thought I'd throw a few random things together and see what happened. I wouldn't be surprised if Red World and whoever I face in the losers bracket just pull the rug out from under me and toss me out of the tourney :P

mines just weird, and based on charactors i created so they aren't optimized like the other's teams

skiploom188

Loving your commentary Barren. Funny comments like "Archer not being very intelligent" and "That thing is going to hit like a truck" make it so entertaining. Keep it up!

======================================================================
I evolved... into a stick figure. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCj-yTyoVpYIdcdIPw8SP5rw
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Pokemon Fantasy Tactics - A treat for FFT fans! http://ffhacktics.com/smf/index.php?topic=10984.msg207542
======================================================================

StarRacer

Quote from: skiploom188 on June 12, 2015, 09:59:09 pm
Loving your commentary Barren. Funny comments like "Archer not being very intelligent" and "That thing is going to hit like a truck" make it so entertaining. Keep it up!

I aprove! xD

Elmdork

Oh man I went through nine months of pregnancy and had a munchkin in the 1 day it took to film stuff. Nerves m8. Great job on everything, Barren. There ain't enough pot in the world to cull the excitement I'm getting outta this.

I got knocked up again and had triplets. holy shit. I wrote myself off the moment they didn't do anything turn 1, but I suppose it's fitting that their first step would land them flat on their face. Fortunately zeltennia castle is their #1 map of choice, you can figure out why for yourself.

Silentkaster...dude, that really shouldn't have happened. Your team was/is my #1 pick this year, so I expect to see you again in the finals, even if not against me (which is still likely the case)

GG, better than gg, BEST GAME.

Oh and I hope ya'll don't mind a little heart to kick off the season (no foolin' theme tune)

SHIELD WALL! Some straight up viking combat right thurr. I like watching the armored units pick away at each other until something gives, that paladin gets really nasty real quick. Evasion is an asset in this tournament.

Good job, fatty. I expect to see more from you in the winner's bracket

@ corosar: When I started, my first team was awful and my next few were heavily flawed. But I stuck with it for a while and even kept some of my early strategies but executed it much better when I had the knowledge to do so. So, my advise is to stick with and just enjoy it. Eventually you'll be fighting with the veterans on equal footing.
The bird of Hermes is my name
Eating my wings to make me tame
  • Discord username: rouroni elmdor

Corosar

Quote from: Rouroni Elmdor on June 13, 2015, 02:12:37 am
Oh man I went through nine months of pregnancy and had a munchkin in the 1 day it took to film stuff. Nerves m8. Great job on everything, Barren. There ain't enough pot in the world to cull the excitement I'm getting outta this.

I got knocked up again and had triplets. holy shit. I wrote myself off the moment they didn't do anything turn 1, but I suppose it's fitting that their first step would land them flat on their face. Fortunately zeltennia castle is their #1 map of choice, you can figure out why for yourself.

Silentkaster...dude, that really shouldn't have happened. Your team was/is my #1 pick this year, so I expect to see you again in the finals, even if not against me (which is still likely the case)

Oh and I hope ya'll don't mind a little heart to kick off the season (no foolin' theme tune)

SHIELD WALL! Some straight up viking combat right thurr. I like watching the armored units pick away at each other until something gives, that paladin gets really nasty real quick. Evasion is an asset in this tournament.

(\ ^w^ /) DWAGONS!!!

in actual seriousness you both scare the crap out of me i doubt i will ever prove to have such an entertaining match honestly... besides just... DWAGONS god do i love dragons!~

And don't worry guys... after a match like todays... it makes me wanna stick around and try to excite everyone as much as you have for me!
Time for a new season!

V 1.4.1 W/L: 3 / 7
V 1.4 W/L: 3 / 14.5
V 1.39 W/L: 13.25 / 22

Reks

Quote from: Rouroni Elmdor on June 13, 2015, 02:12:37 am

@ corosar: When I started, my first team was awful and my next few were heavily flawed. But I stuck with it for a while and even kept some of my early strategies but executed it much better when I had the knowledge to do so. So, my advise is to stick with and just enjoy it. Eventually you'll be fighting with the veterans on equal footing.

Speaking of, when  and what would you consider someone a veteran?
  • Discord username: Reks#0128

Jumza

I really thought I would take this one after that first round, but RedWorld was able to take advantage of my team splitting itself up into smaller groups. Silly AI. GG Red :)

Zotis

I'm surprised Silentcaster got knocked down to the underworld already.  Mimes with summon magic can be really strong if they get set up.

Congradulations RedWorld!  That was a nice comeback.  That was an interesting use of Mad Science.

Mudvayne

Speed is just overpowering. I have a feeling the team that ends up winning at the end is going to be a speed stacked team. Even if your unit is literally half as effective damage wise, if you get a double turn you're able to have two actions versus their one giving a huge advantage to the speed unit. Even more of an advantage if it's a speedy status inflicting unit with say talk skill or something that resolves quickly/instantly.

Speaking of that does anyone have a unit with like 12 speed and then mimic daravon or some other instant status like that? Running around super fast and putting everyone asleep on the enemy team would be funny and pretty effective.

Mad Science. GG. I've never really seen it used effectively and to much benefit. I've personally dropped it on any unit I ran it on. It does have its purpose here though as seen. Great for drawing fire while the rest of your team runs around and kills everyone. Nice comback Redworld!

Lakitu673

Aw Hamburgers. Good game Adante. I figured that a high speed team would give me trouble.

CT5Holy

Mudvayne - Barren's got two 12 speed disruptors. I'm in big trouble. If only I put Short Charge instead of MAUP on my Scholar! =/

Great vids so far, excited for more! Thanks Barren, silentkaster, TrueLight, Andante49, and Mudvayne for hosting!
Winner of the 1st FFT 1.3 AI Tourney

StarRacer

i'm deffinitely in for a lot of trouble, i look forward to and am scared of, our upcoming match redworld

UniqueTownPortal

I have almost forgotten about FFT Tournament. Thanks for hosting and making it entertaining. It is always a pleasure to see something from ffth on my subscription list ;)